COVID test

6 hours ago, Shey420 said:

Is the covid test that is required antigen?

From the Q&A page on a embassy website.

"10) What type of COVID test is needed?

• Upon checking in at the departure airport, the approved applicant is required to present a medical certificate with a laboratory result using RT-PCR test indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. Such COVID-19 test result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure."

On 1/13/2021 at 12:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

From the Q&A page on a embassy website.

"10) What type of COVID test is needed?

• Upon checking in at the departure airport, the approved applicant is required to present a medical certificate with a laboratory result using RT-PCR test indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. Such COVID-19 test result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure."

Who knows if our friend successfully checked in at airport. Anyway I did some research  on the net. and I didn't find yet a clinic that provide what required by Thailand All of them issue a PCR result, and fit to flight certificate in a single file,  

1 hour ago, Russel said:

Who knows if our friend successfully checked in at airport. Anyway I did some research  on the net. and I didn't find yet a clinic that provide what required by Thailand All of them issue a PCR result, and fit to flight certificate in a single file,  

Landed this morning no problems

What happens if you have a connecting flight? For example you fly from London on the 21st January at 2pm with a connection in Doha.

You take the pcr test on the 18th January at 2.15pm.  You would be withn the 72 hour time frame for your 1st flight but would be outside the 72 hour time frame for the 2nd connecting flight from Doha.

Would that matter or is it only the 1st flight that counts?

1 hour ago, Big Nose said:

Perfect I'm glad for you

7 minutes ago, bear9 said:

What happens if you have a connecting flight? For example you fly from London on the 21st January at 2pm with a connection in Doha.

You take the pcr test on the 18th January at 2.15pm.  You would be withn the 72 hour time frame for your 1st flight but would be outside the 72 hour time frame for the 2nd connecting flight from Doha.

Would that matter or is it only the 1st flight that counts?

the first port of departure counts

1 hour ago, Big Nose said:

I'm glad for you nevertheless I'll try to get my files like as requested by Thailand If I can't I'll do like as you did. It's always depending by who you meet at check in  it's a matter of fortune

53 minutes ago, bear9 said:

Another potential scenario i was thinking of is if your flight gets delayed it could end up putting you outside the 72 hour flight period.  I hope it would still be accepted under such circumstances.

If you show up on time  but your flight is delayed it's not your fault, then you will be boarded anyway

5 hours ago, Russel said:

I'm glad for you nevertheless I'll try to get my files like as requested by Thailand If I can't I'll do like as you did. It's always depending by who you meet at check in  it's a matter of fortune

Cheers had abit of problem at Luthansa check in  Heathrow saying I need to show quarantine for 21 days but they presumed I was flying to Hong Kong???? Anyway got my luggage checked in for free saving £85 by their check in manager after clearing up the mistake, lot of pissing about in BKK airport but very well organised. Day 2 of quarantine now, wished I had brought a bottle of something as luggage was not checked in once at the hotel

Archived