Big spike in COVID-19 cases prompted Pattaya shutdown

webfact

Big spike in COVID-19 cases prompted Pattaya shutdown

s4.reutersmedia.jpg

REUTERS file photo for reference only

The discovery of more than 100 new COVID-19 cases prompted Chonburi governor Pakarathorn Thienchai to all but shut down the Banglamung district of the province, which includes Pattaya.

On Wednesday, health officials in Chonburi announced 108 new COVID-19 cases, the majority of which were discovered in Banglamung district.

Also on Wednesday, it was announced that all but essential business in Banglamung must close until further notice. 

This includes all bars, nightclubs, massage parlours, fitness centres and shopping  malls. 

Restaurants can open but are only permitted to serve takeaway food and convenience stores such as 7-Eleven and Family Mart must close from 22.00 to 05.00.

A full list of the preventative measures in Banglamung district can be found below.

108.jpg

1081.jpg

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

The village has already closed our swimming pool, even though I talked to the chairman of the committee yesterday afternoon and he assured me that we'd be keeping it open this time as it's a private pool.

Oh well, back to exercising Shank's Pony, I suppose.

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

The village has already closed our swimming pool, even though I talked to the chairman of the committee yesterday afternoon and he assured me that we'd be keeping it open this time as it's a private pool.

Oh well, back to exercising Shank's Pony, I suppose.

That's not a swimming pool, that's a big bath tub for the elderly (if we are talking about the same 'The village' that is). ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, connda said:

Good.  They should just shut down the country until 2022.
Then maybe, just maybe, the plebs can come out of thier hidey-hole.  And if not!  Well - shut not to 2030.

How does one recognise these plebs of which you speak.? 

If plebs are identified do we order them back to their hidey-hole or merely ignore them.?

19 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:
20 hours ago, mr mr said:

when people lose everything....and they have nothing left to lose....they lose it. 

better to be alive and angry than happy and dead.

you totally miss the point. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, scammed said:

no, its you who dont get it, without income there will be starvation. they are already malnutrition 

by a diet consisting of rice and fish sauce,

that is as far as the money goes

Starvation won't happen here in Thailand.  In other countries, yes, but not here.  Villages take care of themselves.  Luckily

Sadly, here in Thailand, MANY would die if the virus took off.  More than in the West.  Like I said, some don't understand this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Better for 99.9% to be alive and angry than 0.1% to be happy and dead.

There, I've made your statement more realistic.

But would add, most of the 0.1% are probably a bit sick/old/angry/unhappy even if they do get to survive another year or two.

Where did that 0.1% come from?  Sad you are OK with throwing the sick/old/unhappy under the bus.  Terrible thing to recommend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The economy is taking a hit, but not being destroyed.  Sadly, the young and healthy are the ones most likely to infect you.  We're all in this together.  And selfishness is what's causing the problems.  Just look at the West.

Were not all in this together.....I quit about the first week of February 2020........I have no interest in the covid circus.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Were not all in this together.....I quit about the first week of February 2020........I have no interest in the covid circus.....

Selfish and clueless...people like you are one of our biggest problems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

And why would that be?

The medical infrastructure wouldn't be able to handle caseloads like they can in the West.  Many hospitals in the provinces are already stressed.  This would cause them to collapse.