Video: Shocking violence as drunk motorcyclist lashes out at nurse/ rescue staff in hospital

webfact

Video: Shocking violence as drunk motorcyclist lashes out at nurse/ rescue staff in hospital

6pm1VI.jpg

Shocking scenes from a hospital in Chiang Rai in the north of Thailand showed a drunk man kicking out at a nurse then attacking foundation rescue staff trying to restrain him.

Several CCTV cameras caught the violence as a gurney and equipment went flying. 

Police were eventually called and Chalermchai Saelee, 26, was charged with assault and drunk and disorderly behavior under the influence of drink or drugs. 

Daily News reported that Chalermchai had been out celebrating New Year with his mates and had got very drunk. He had fallen off his motorcycle and passed out in the road. He was picked up by a foundation and taken to hospital.

6pm2.jpg

When he came round in Wiang Ken Hospital the violence began.

The hospital director said he understood that some patients are unable to control themselves but he had a duty of care to his staff and charges must be pressed. 

Chalermchai reportedly said he was sorry and said he didn't mean to do it, he was drunk. 

Thaivisa notes that nowhere in the report did it say that he had been charged with DUI.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Sumilar behaviour now happens in most ED units across the world, mostly due to booze, but increasingly from   ice

Not only Thailand unfortunately

I wonder if there's a forum for across the world, I did'nt see any mention of across the world in the OP! What I saw was about a hospital and a drunk thug in Chiang Mai!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I wonder if there's a forum for across the world, I did'nt see any mention of across the world in the OP! What I saw was about a hospital and a drunk thug in Chiang Mai!

Take out the Thai manhood, and put ?manhood?if that what the appalling behaviour is a display of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

What I saw was about a hospital and a drunk thug in Chiang Rai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Sumilar behaviour now happens in most ED units across the world, mostly due to booze, but increasingly from   ice

Not only Thailand unfortunately

UK ER departments are dreadful for drunken fighting and abuse.

• Like 1

Pretty much every night in Aussie ED's in my time..which is why they now have security and restraint teams.

This happens all over the world and is not peculiar to the Thai (the violence might be even less) if you want to see a totally vicious prat high as a kite on alcohol and drugs (and their wretched families) then the white trash and kooris in any NSW rural town will provide it for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Poor response by staff...you over power him by numbers...you don’t run and leave 1-2 guys who are now at greater risk of injury b/c of abandonment....

pepper spray his ass to get restraints on...

Nurses are taught to vacate the scene immediately if they are not trained as part of a response team.I know that this is the same in Thailand

Nurses,of course,being used as punching bags-generally by males-all over the world.

Nurses and hospital staff cannot use pepper spray and only those specifically trained in it's use can do so-generally the police.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why did they need to take him to hospital ?

What was he being treated for ?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News reported that Chalermchai had been out celebrating New Year with his mates and had got very drunk. He had fallen off his motorcycle and passed out in the road. He was picked up by a foundation and taken to hospital.

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Good thing it wasn't a dirty farang.

A Thai male in a Thai ED-exactly the same happens in ED's all over the world-usually because of drugs and alcohol but not necessarily so as brain injury,confusion etc can play a part.

What was your point again?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

This was there mistake.  They should have left him in the road with hopes that a truck would run over him or he would choke to death on his own vomit.

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Poor response by staff...you over power him by numbers...you don’t run and leave 1-2 guys who are now at greater risk of injury b/c of abandonment....

pepper spray his ass to get restraints on...

Lack of training. Get round the back of him not the front. A full nelson or a choke hold. But not for too long. Only two hours!????

• Like 1