UK parliament approves Brexit trade deal with EU as both sides look to future

webfact

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The "dead in a ditch" was a figure of speech , it wasnt meant literally and it wasnt a prediction .

The UK's economy crashing was indeed a prediction meant to be taken literally, it wasnt a figure of speech .

But u dont accept figure of speech from the other side.

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It was quite clearly a figure of speech , it definitely wasn't a promise or a statement of intent .

*I would rather live on the moon , rather than living in France* is another figure of speech , but in reality, I would go and live in France .

Well for the pleasure of arguing, I would say that there are plausible situations,

and totally impossible ones, accepted as such by everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Well for the pleasure of arguing, I would say that there are plausible situations,

and totally impossible ones, accepted as such by everyone.

Did you honestly expect that Boris would kill himself in a ditch ?

If anyone took it seriously as a suicide intention statement ,They would have helped him and taken him to the Doctors and try to convince him not to commit suicide.

No one took it seriously at all .............apart from you 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Did you honestly expect that Boris would kill himself in a ditch ?

If anyone took it seriously as a suicide intention statement ,They would have helped him and taken him to the Doctors and try to convince him not to commit suicide.

No one took it seriously at all .............apart from you 

Sorry, It is obvious I expressed myself wrongly.

I was referring to the fact that

"food shortages , fields going unharvested , starvation , no drugs coming in from the E.U and the health system will collapse , millions of non British people being forced to leave the UK "

was to be considered on the same level than 

" dead in a ditch "

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

"food shortages , fields going unharvested , starvation , no drugs coming in from the E.U and the health system will collapse , millions of non British people being forced to leave the UK "

" dead in a ditch "

I did understand you , but you are wrong .

I have previously stated why you are wrong, you didn't understand last time , so, no point in saying it again

I think we all need to see how this pans out.  Some things will take months to get into place and some (like Fishing ) will take five years plus.  For weeks I have been trying to get customs forms to export some of my goods into the UK from mainland Europe though Calais.  I have now been told that going into the UK all goods will be waved through as they haven't got a procedure in place for proper customs checks.

Also, although principles have been agreed,  there is still a lot of negotiating to be done on actual procedures.  It is probably fortuitous that 75% of Britain is in virtual lockdown so there is very little import/export going on.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I did understand you , but you are wrong .

I have previously stated why you are wrong, you didn't understand last time , so, no point in saying it again

This isn't about World War III, but simply about a country leaving a group.

If you really believe that

wasn't an overstatement, and could/can really happen, and that you think other people believe that too, and not immediately understand  it is an exaggeration,

you are for sure very naïve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

" dead in a ditch "

No, you are absolutely correct in what you said, though there are people on this and other threads who take great delight in deliberately misunderstanding other posters remarks.

• Thanks 1