Korat: Knife fight leaves two dead one seriously injured

webfact

Korat: Knife fight leaves two dead one seriously injured

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTY2NS84MzI3NDI2L3Nhbm9va190aHVtYm5haWxfMTIwMHg3MjAtMi5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A fight with knives in the north eastern Thai city of Nakhon Ratchasima has left two men dead and one with serious injuries in hospital.

Trouble flared in Soi Decha Udom 22 in the Nai Muang area when a woman started arguing with the owner of a food stall opposite some flats. 

CCTV showed the man, Wannasit aged, 46, following the woman into the flats. There he was confronted by Wasan, 21, the woman's boyfriend who also had a knife. 

Wasan's friend Thanakorn, 24, also got involved and so did the food seller's elder brother Sorawuth, 48, who was seen running across the road to help his sibling. 

Wannasit and Thanakorn suffered multiple stab wounds and later died in hospital. Wasan was cut on the neck and is recovering in hospital.

Police arrested Sorawuth and have charged him with assault causing death. He told Muang area police that his brother had had a long running feud with young people at the flats. 

Each argument was over something small like leaving out trash or the riding of bikes near to his stall but they built up to the point where his brother lost his temper and he got involved too. 

Police are waiting for Wasan to recover before deciding what to charge him with. Whether he is charged with assault occasioning death or whether he will be deemed to have been acting in self defence will be up to witness statements. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

• Sad 1

Yeah, saw this rather confusing footage on Thai TV, wondered what it was all about, now I know. I must say, knives are ubiquitous here, it blows up and you're probably not talking a broken nose and a busted thumb, which was the usual result of bust ups in my youth (UK). "Jai yen" (cool heart) should definitely be in your vocabulary, even if, like me, your Thai is limited to what's needed just to get by.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Each argument was over something small like leaving out trash or the riding of bikes near to his stall but they built up to the point where his brother lost his temper and he got involved too. 

Oh temper, temper, blossoms, you are so fragile, now we have 2 dead blossoms, was it worth it! Who won the face?

• Like 1