Powered Bookshelf Speakers

dddave

I'm no audiophile but I bought the same speakers about 1 year ago and the sound quality is really good for such budget speakers. The size is perfect as well.

Afterwards read about the speakers and the reviews were good.

Enjoy.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 7:42 PM, userabcd said:

I'm no audiophile but I bought the same speakers about 1 year ago and the sound quality is really good for such budget speakers. The size is perfect as well.

Afterwards read about the speakers and the reviews were good.

Enjoy.

What connection to the TV do these speakers use?

On 1/10/2021 at 5:57 PM, giddyup said:

You have the option of Bluetooth, optical or coxial.

I also have a pair of these speakers linked to an Echo Dot 3, they're excellent value for money.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 5:57 PM, giddyup said:

In addition to the Bluetooth, optical and co-ax mentioned by Stocky, one can also use a 2-end 3.5mm headphone jack.

I noticed when using these speakers with Bluetooth and viewing YT content on my TV, there was very little of the common BT lag or latency.  When I use BT off my PC, the lag is really noticeable.

• Like 1

For more serious money, Klipsch Fives get raving reviews, and the connectivity options are incredible. At 29,000 baht, they are not budget speakers, but appear to be well worth the money. I am saving up to buy a pair to replace my sound bar (which is not bad at all). I think for TV viewing they will be only slightly better that the sound bar, but I believe they will excel for music listening.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:52 AM, timendres said:

For more serious money, Klipsch Fives get raving reviews, and the connectivity options are incredible. At 29,000 baht, they are not budget speakers, but appear to be well worth the money. I am saving up to buy a pair to replace my sound bar (which is not bad at all). I think for TV viewing they will be only slightly better that the sound bar, but I believe they will excel for music listening.

When you’re getting up to that range, you’ll be better served with 2nd hand mid end gear.  An integrated amp (Creek, Musical Fidelity) paired with some B&W 606s will outperform an all in one speaker of a similar price, especially when they’re throwing in a DAC and Phono in the package.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

No idea about Edifier but KEF LS50 sound wonderful to my ears. Unfortunate thing however is that their price isn't exactly in Edifier range. More like 5x more expensive than 55" TV...

So much depends on the living environment.  No point in buying premium audio gear, especially speakers if you can't 

play them at concert hall levels and let them breath. 

My situation is a large studio in a condo with walls and floors/ceilings that transmit sound like a drumhead.  I can run my speakers at a reasonable listening volume at maybe 10-12 feet direct on,  but filling the room with full bodied bass and balanced sound on a regular basis is going to get me some nasty looks in the lift.

35 minutes ago, dddave said:

So much depends on the living environment.  No point in buying premium audio gear, especially speakers if you can't 

My situation is a large studio in a condo with walls and floors/ceilings that transmit sound like a drumhead.  I can run my speakers at a reasonable listening volume at maybe 10-12 feet direct on,  but filling the room with full bodied bass and balanced sound on a regular basis is going to get me some nasty looks in the lift.

Fortunately for me, I don’t have anybody living within 2 floors of me and at the rate the condo is selling, it will probably be years...literally... before I have neighbors.

When listening at low volumes, having a subwoofer actually helps with the overall dynamics of a system as does the type of amplifier and speakers used.  I can listen at moderate (and still “full bodied”) volumes and the sound can only be heard if standing right outside my door.  I have already experimented with the unit adjacent to me as I was living in it during my renovation.  If/when I get a neighbor, I will be soundproofing the wall to a professional recording studio level.

16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

No idea about Edifier but KEF LS50 sound wonderful to my ears. Unfortunate thing however is that their price isn't exactly in Edifier range. More like 5x more expensive than 55" TV...

The LS50s certainly get rave reviews although I’ve never auditioned them.  I thought about them...but then what would I do with my integrated amplifier collection?  Sometimes I like to change things around just for a different “flavor”.

5 hours ago, dddave said:

Agree, but I use them only for computer speakers. The living room has Wharfedale Evo 2 set with H/K AVR660 receiver. Even when not listening at high volumes, the sound feels like it's surrounding you. Unfortunately moving to a new place I won't have space to keep it so I'll probably need to get rid of it ????