Brexit is Britain punishing itself, France's Beaune says

snoop1130

Here's my sad bet...

Some financial institutions have sold $$$ trillions of derivative products that will go toxic under Brexit, and take down the British economy just like sub-prime mortgages in 2008 America.  Insurance companies happily wrote policies guaranteeing those soon-to-be toxic assets in amounts they can never hope to cover.  All up and down, the Banksters have made their profits and their obscene bonuses, foisting all the risk onto the public coffers. 

It's going to be something nobody predicted, out of left field.  Deja Vu, all over again.

Edited by impulse

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think of it like this. Would the USA agree to being in an American union where they got one vote and free movement from other American countries ? Would Australia , Russia or even China agree to it in their regions ? 

Whole EU union conglomerate thing was just madness - and whilst it may have been a good idea in the first place, it just went totally rotten in the end.

OK so you don’t understand what USA stands for.

• Confused 1

Whatever, it's happened and the man in the street will be paying taxes for it for decades. Can't see the UK recovering economically for at least five more years, and that's only if the Tories gets rid of Johnson and his useless ministers in 2021.  As for NI, Wales, and Scotland, who cares...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t speak for all ‘Remainers’ here, and perhaps you shouldn’t either.

The ‘Remainer’ I do speak for is observing the growing gap being revealed between Brexit promises and Brexit reality,  and too the evident chagrin of ‘Brexiteers’ who would have us believe they’ve got what they wanted.

Did Brexiters want to leave the E.U ?

Did the UK leave the E.U ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1