What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

The Three Deaths of Marisela Escobedo

This looks really good.
Available on RARBG with subs.

This documentary examines a mother's tireless crusade to jail her daughter's murderer after Mexico's justice system failed to do so.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Will27 said:

Exhumed.

I think I mentioned this one a week or so ago.

Anyway, if you like true crime, it's a bit different.

The first 6 episodes are out there.

Just finished episodes 1 to 6 and i came to the conclusion that in most cases the officers involved in the initial investigations had been incompetent by overlooking 'obvious' facts and that the exhumations were not necessary afterall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Just finished episodes 1 to 6 and i came to the conclusion that in most cases the officers involved in the initial investigations had been incompetent by overlooking 'obvious' facts and that the exhumations were not necessary afterall.

True

But because things were missed the first time, it made the exhibitions necessary.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, bluesofa said:
On 2/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, Will27 said:

The Drowning

New four part series just started.

Summary: Since losing her son eight years ago, Jodie has been rebuilding her life but when she catches sight of Daniel, she is convinced she has found her missing son.

Available at the usual places.

Expand  

Thanks again for posting about this series. I just watched episode two.

The suspense is great, the story is 'full of twists and turns' as the continuity announcer described it.

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

Just watched tomorrow's episode today (ha ha) - that's episode three. It just gets even better!

Don't worry, I'm giving nothing away.

Last episode (four) tomorrow.

• Like 2

Watched a couple of movies this week, the first being, "St Maud" which I thought was a load of old cobblers, and the 2nd one I watched which surprised me was, "100 days to live" and I thought it would be one of the "run-of-the-mill type" with this sort of title.

But I was very pleasantly surprised because I thought it was a very good movie and I can only describe whoever thought of it as, brilliant, gifted and dark in thought.

The concept was very different and quite surprised me. Worth a watch IMO.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jingthing said:

Probably because the USA is the biggest market for English language content and most Americans actually pay for their content. Wink wink nod nod.

Is habla español not the majority language nowadays ? ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The World Radio

The green dots on this Google Earth map represent radio stations all over the world. Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately hear that station with very good reception. You will not need earphones/antenna for your phone.

It’s the clearest reception I have ever had-- For example, halfway up Ireland's east coast, there is a station playing Irish pub music.

For cities there may be just 1 dot, click on it and it will list most of the stations there…. Ex Sydney opens up to 127 stations.

You cannot hear every radio station in the world, however, there are a lot of them.

For Bi-lingual Expats its excellent.

http://radio.garden/live/toulouse/radiopresence

Thanks for that.

I skipped over to the 10 Bradford ( U.K.) stations ............. now I remember why I left in ‘95 !!

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks for that.

I skipped over to the 10 Bradford ( U.K.) stations ............. now I remember why I left in ‘95 !!

One of these is Bradford and the other is Lahore

image.png.cb375f46782755b56076b771314d3cb5.png

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, steve187 said:

if its the 70's you like look at life on mars and ashes to ashes, both are a travel back in time cop show set in

Although I had watched both before I decided to feed my nostalgia again with some 1973 ( and 1981 ) cop action.

I found Life on Mars as good as I remembered it, enjoyed it very much.

I vaguely recall Ashes to Ashes being a little disappointing after L on M and was not disappointed, well actually I was ...... didn’t make it through the first episode !!

Even the soundtrack of 1973 was a damn sight better than 1981 ( Shaking Stevens, Soft Cell and the Human League ☹️ )

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've just watched the last episode. Unexpected ending. It was an excellent series, I thought well produced and well acted. It kept my attention every minute.

I can't praise it enough.

Spoiler Alert: Except the mother could have avoided all the drama by just getting a DNA test done in the first episode, and the ending was totally OTT.