What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Hate episodes where there is no resolution. Scumbags walking free.

I know they will say it's a waste of money and resources, but sometimes I think they should go ahead and

charge so the scrotes at least do some time.

I thought they had a case when the guy was changing the foreign currency TBH.

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I know they will say it's a waste of money and resources, but sometimes I think they should go ahead and

charge so the scrotes at least do some time.

I thought they had a case when the guy was changing the foreign currency TBH.

Sometimes I think the British police are too PC for their own good and the lead detective seemed defeatist about everything. Does anyone ever answer questions when interviewed, or is it always the standard, no comment now?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

To be fair, it's a few years old now.

Sure it was Will27--but if you didn't think people had not yet viewed it, you wouldn't have posted it.

You hadn't viewed it--correct?

Anyway it was just a throw away comment---- no big deal...appreciate the many posting of you ...and Giddyup.

Its still well worth a View......

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sure it was Will27--but if you didn't think people had not yet viewed it, you wouldn't have posted it.

You hadn't viewed it--correct?

Anyway it was just a throw away comment---- no big deal...appreciate the many posting of you ...and Giddyup.

Its still well worth a View......

Fair enough.

But when I watch these type of shows, I don't always assume there will a good/right outcome.

I've seen some where they've been found not guilty.

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Fair enough.

But when I watch these type of shows, I don't always assume there will a good/right outcome.

I've seen some where they've been found not guilty.

Unless justice is served I'm left dissatisfied.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Unless justice is served I'm left dissatisfied.

Yer it was particularly galling in that case...the devastating loss of his love one etc.

Anyway the book doesn't close on those crimes, somewhere down the track one of them will be in trouble for something else and say...... "if I tell you who actually... etc ...etc .... will I get a reduced.

• Like 2

The Devil Next Door (2019)

A Ukrainian migrant now living a quiet life in Cleveland working at the Ford Automotive plant  , a husband, a father, a grandfather, considered a good American citizen by work colleagues and friends.

His life is turned upside down when suddenly the US government accused him of being ““Ivan the Terrible” working for the nazis and  in charge of the gas chamber in an extermination camp in 1943, responsible for the deaths of nearly 1 million Jews !!

A great documentary in 5 episodes, full of twists and turns as the case is moved to Israel and feelings run high .

Available on fmovies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, giddyup said:

Does anyone ever answer questions when interviewed, or is it always the standard, no comment now?

If there's no lawyer present then "No comment" is probably the best response to give. I'd say the same thing.

The Confession Tapes  on Netflix has plenty of innocent suspects who ended confessing to crimes they didn't commit simply because they didn't ask for a lawyer.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Does anyone ever answer questions when interviewed, or is it always the standard, no comment now?

Do you enjoy Freedom ?

It is your right to not answer questions.

My Father had a friend from WW2 who became a lawyer. My first encounter with the Justice - (555) - department I went and saw him.

"Say one word - Lawyer. And not another one"

Was wise advice I followed my whole life

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Do you enjoy Freedom ?

It is your right to not answer questions.

My Father had a friend from WW2 who became a lawyer. My first encounter with the Justice - (555) - department I went and saw him.

"Say one word - Lawyer. And not another one"

Was wise advice I followed my whole life

You had a few dealings with the law then? Wonder why?

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

If there's no lawyer present then "No comment" is probably the best response to give. I'd say the same thing.he Confession Tapes  on Netflix has plenty of innocent suspects who ended confessing to crimes they didn't commit simply because they didn't ask for a lawyer.

It's pretty pointless to televise an interview that goes for 15 minutes when the only response is "no comment", whether it's your right or not. Hardly makes for riveting viewing.  In the past, people, usually of low intellect, or immature, confessed because of police threatening them or questioning them to the point of exhaustion. Not sure if it happens often these days, especially in the UK.

Edited by giddyup

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's pretty pointless to televise an interview that goes for 15 minutes when the only response is "no comment", whether it's your right or not. Hardly makes for riveting viewing.  In the past, people, usually of low intellect, or immature, confessed because of police threatening them or questioning them to the point of exhaustion. Not sure if it happens often these days, especially in the UK.

I agree.

It's probably a legal requirement or something along the lines of natural justice, but surely the cops could just ask if they're going to answer no comment to every question and just wrap it up.

• Like 2

Countdown to Murder S0308  Channel 5

Season 3 started a few weeks ago--Its a crime documentary series charting the last days leading up to horrific killings from the perspective of both murderer and victim. 8 episodes 4 out now  **usual places..**...  Edit I had just put usual places as I grabbed the 4 episodes from Chaos---but when I had a look could not see them elsewhere, this seems to be a problem with some of channel 5 stuff--EZTV usually pick it up pass on to Pirates, but usually late. So anyone see it....

Edited by sanuk711

Clarice

Episode one is on RARBG.

The reviews have been poor.

Summary: A look at the untold personal story of FBI agent Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field about a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

By a Professor of Law - USA but applies around the world

If everybody did that there would be a lot less crimes solved. I can understand why those who have something to hide are reluctant, but police rely on info from the public to solve crimes. Those who bleat loudest when a crime isn't solved are those who are unwilling to help.