Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Given up trying to watch stuff on android apps, never stops buffering and a lot of things never start, 200 mbs so about 30 most of the time

Do you mean that the feed to your Router from your ISP is 200Mb/s (not mbs = millibits), but the WiFi signal is down to 30? Which is still enough for a 1080 video.

Edited by KannikaP
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not long now gang.   CONFIRMED: The new series of #LineOfDuty starts Sunday 21 March on @BBCOne    

Posted Images

On 2/12/2021 at 9:15 AM, Will27 said:

I agree.

 

It's probably a legal requirement or something along the lines of natural justice, but surely the cops could just ask if they're going to answer no comment to every question and just wrap it up.

they do ,after saying "no comment" or  times ,they ask if that is what you are going to say all the way through the interview ,,they then stop the interview.  please  dont ask how i know. 

ps ,just started watching an old series (new series of it starting) called Ozark ,really enjoying it.

Edited by ivor bigun
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 8:31 AM, Will27 said:

Documentary - The Disappearance of Shannon Matthews

Available at the usual places.

 

Summary: Two part documentary about the disappearance of nine-year-old Shannon Matthews in Yorkshire in 2008, an investigation that gripped the nation....................

 

A scary part of the documentary was when it was mentioned that there were 1,400+ registered child sex offenders living within a twenty mile radius of the missing girl's house. How many must there be that are not registered? 😲

 

Full 2 parts below.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching Killers

 

Series 1 and 2 on RARBG.

 

Summary: Catching Killers is a true crime series following police and prosecutors as they apprehend and incarcerate the world's most violent killers. Each episode features two stories of murder from around the world.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Spy ( 2011 )

 

Found this on fmovies, very funny ( imho ) interaction between Tim , the main character who becomes a spy by accident , and the rest, his pretentious son, annoying ex wife and idiot of a boss played by Robert Lindsay.

 

Series 2 lost the plot a little but still funny in parts.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, Will27 said:

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel

 

New one just out.

Available on RARBG.

Summary: College student and tourist Elisa Lam vanishes, leaving behind all of her possessions in her hotel room. The Cecil Hotel grows in infamy.

 

 

Extremely good thanks.  Although I must say I didnt felt convinced at the conclusion....a difficult one.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the movie "Silk Road" yesterday and thought it was good and I'm sure those with more knowledge about the Internet and computers than I, might enjoy it even more!

 

Also watched the movie "Unbroken" again the other evening and found it most entertaining (again) but never did come to understand why the Japanese guard/Sgt hated the American POW Louis Zamperini so much to inflict so much cruelty on him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Extremely good thanks.  Although I must say I didnt felt convinced at the conclusion....a difficult one.

Too many armchair detectives with wild conspiracy theories IMO. A lot had to eat crow at the conclusion.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched the movie "Silk Road" yesterday

I downloaded it--just have to get a time slot, now boxing is back on, I have to watch it & football first,  or I will open the newspaper watch T.V. or go on the internet and somewhere  the results will pop up.

But silk road...yer its what gave the Bit-coin a kick along & got a lot of people used to using it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Too many armchair detectives with wild conspiracy theories IMO. A lot had to eat crow at the conclusion.

no it wasnt the conspiracy <deleted> it was to do with the elevator footage.  They spent a lot of time on this footage but at the end admitted it had been altered by who knows who and it wasnt the original copy but they had possession of the original. 

 

I was just curious as to why not show the original??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

no it wasnt the conspiracy <deleted> it was to do with the elevator footage.  They spent a lot of time on this footage but at the end admitted it had been altered by who knows who and it wasnt the original copy but they had possession of the original. 

 

I was just curious as to why not show the original??

 

If I remember correctly from a few years back, there was more footage but it was said that it was just of the inside of the elevator. (about 4(?) mins of footage).

 

I'm not sure if it's a false memory or not, but I thought there was some footage of Elisa stood in the elevator next to the button panel with what appeared to be the tip of someone's shoe in view, outside and to the left of the elevator door, as well as the footage already shown in the documentary of what appeared to be someone's shoe-tip when she exited the lift.

 

🤔 hmm. Curious and curiouser.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bobandyson said:

 

If I remember correctly from a few years back, there was more footage but it was said that it was just of the inside of the elevator. (about 4(?) mins of footage).

 

I'm not sure if it's a false memory or not, but I thought there was some footage of Elisa stood in the elevator next to the button panel with what appeared to be the tip of someone's shoe in view, outside and to the left of the elevator door, as well as the footage already shown in the documentary of what appeared to be someone's shoe-tip when she exited the lift.

 

🤔 hmm. Curious and curiouser.

The fact that the girl was bipolar, had a history of mental illness and had to be relocated to another room because of roomates complaints, and was also off her meds was enough evidence for me, everything else was pure conjecture.  All the conspiracy theorists ruined that poor musicians life by accusing him, and he wasn't even in the country at the time. Too many amateur sleuths with too much time on their hands.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 2 of Forensics: The Real CSI, has started appearing.

 

Can only find episode 2 at the moment but I'm sure episode one will eventually appear.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Spiral... a French police drama,thriller, murder ,terrorists,

8 series ,86 episodes on BBC iPlayer, don't know if available

anywhere else, it's a very good series. subtitles but they

are very good. I am up to season 5.

regards worgeordie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apocalypse Now Redux, on SBS World movies tonight. 

 - having an open mind about what the differences might have been... it sort became a surreal sort of mandela effect, as Most of it seemed unreconisable from the original release 😄  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Care a Lot - Netflix.

 

Don't watch if you don't like seeing old people getting robbed blind of everything they have. 

 

 

 

Above storyline likely to have been taken from true life accounts.

 

Edited by bobandyson
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 1:17 PM, worgeordie said:

Spiral... a French police drama,thriller, murder ,terrorists,

8 series ,86 episodes on BBC iPlayer, don't know if available

anywhere else, it's a very good series. subtitles but they

are very good. I am up to season 5.

regards worgeordie

Engrenages AKA Spiral has been mentioned often on here...episode 6 is the latest to be put out for DL with English subs....good series :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petermik said:

Engrenages AKA Spiral has been mentioned often on here...episode 6 is the latest to be put out for DL with English subs....good series :thumbsup:

Series 7 and 8 are out with Eng subs on TPB.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   2 members


×
×
  • Create New...