What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Downloaded a very interesting documentary called "Icemen – 200 years in Antarctica" and I was so glad that I did, because not only did it cover a very recent effort to cross Antarctica, but also included footage and commentary from the other expeditions over the years; Amundsen, Scott, Shackleton, Mawson and others.

Well worth a look if you're into history and adventure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The whole series is available on RARBG.

I think you will find Thats an American show - was posted in 2018 from Amazon.

No doubt there will be a season pack in a week or so, but for the moment being - the first episode is in the usual places.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I think you will find Thats an American show - was posted in 2018 from Amazon.

No doubt there will be a season pack in a week or so, but for the moment being - the first episode is in the usual places.

Oops, you're right.

Thanks for that.

51 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The whole series is available on RARBG.

Will, that complete series shows as being uploaded in 2018.

It's a US series - I just d/l E01 to check.

edit: Sorry, I didn't see the other members had already posted the same details.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Thanks 2

ICYMI (I did) - Season 2 of the serial killer drama Prodigal Son started last month, six episodes so far.

"Malcolm Bright, a former FBI profiler, is the son of a serial killer and suspects that he himself might become a sociopath. He solves crimes for the NYPD as a form of absolution for his upbringing."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fans of the Man of Steel aka Superman will no doubt be aware that there's a new series starting tomorrow, for the rest of you......

Superman & Lois

"After years of facing supervillains, monsters and alien invaders, the world's most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent and comic books' famed journalist Lois Lane come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever -- dealing with being working parents in today's society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois worry about whether their sons, Jonathan and Jordan, could inherit their father's Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang and her Fire Chief husband, Kyle Cushing. The adults aren't the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle's rebellious daughter, Sarah. Of course, there's never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois' father, Gen. Samuel Lane looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment's notice."

• Thanks 1

A bit of an old one, we're watching Prison Break, just at the end of season 2. It's pretty engaging as long as you can take the "conspiracy" stuff with the proverbial pinch of salt (clearly too many idiots have trouble sorting fact from fiction with conspiracies).

I see there production is in a long hiatus after seven seasons. Those who have watched it, did the plot suffer from so many seasons or did they manage to keep up the momentum?

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

2 hours ago, faraday said:

The book was a good read and the film a good watch, let's hope the miniseries can live up to it. Not commissioned yet so could be a while before we find out. I have to admit to being a fan of Cumberbatch so am looking forward to this one, thanks.

Watched "Supernova" with Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci and it was painfully slow, and I'm not sure why I hung on in there, but there was one scene near the end of the movie which did try to wrap it all up, however when all is said and done it was a painfully slow movie, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
On 2/20/2021 at 1:03 AM, bobandyson said:

I Care a Lot - Netflix.

Awesome film. 9.5/10.

Tour de force by Rosamund Pike.

I started to watch the film and was thinking of switching off after the first twenty minutes, it seemed so depressing initially.

Glad I didn't, it got much better as it went on. Not the ending I was expecting either.

I thought it was well worth watching.

Available in the usual places.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

A bit of an old one, we're watching Prison Break, just at the end of season 2. It's pretty engaging as long as you can take the "conspiracy" stuff with the proverbial pinch of salt (clearly too many idiots have trouble sorting fact from fiction with conspiracies).

I see there production is in a long hiatus after seven seasons. Those who have watched it, did the plot suffer from so many seasons or did they manage to keep up the momentum?

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

I liked it at the beginning but they should have quit while they were ahead after season 3.

The rest became repetitive IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I liked it at the beginning but they should have quit while they were ahead after season 3.

The rest became repetitive IMO.

Thanks, I was wondering whether that might be the case. I'll keep going until I think it's done.

Watching The plot against America. Has alot of parallels with life today in the US. An alternative what if, about Lindbergh beating Roosevelt in the 1940 election, and taking a passivist approach toward WWII, and a somewhat supportive view of Hitler. Also a real insight into the Jewish American experience, in 1940's America. I remember growing up in the 1960's as a Jew. Got alot of flack and almost felt like a Black man at times. But, I am sure few experiences parallel being black in America. At least law enforcement left me alone, unless I was making trouble, which was often! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/20/2021 at 8:55 AM, Will27 said:

The Widower

This one looks promising.
Episode 1 out there now on RARBG..

Summary: The Widower, a chilling new docuseries from the producers of Dateline NBC, is here to feed your true crime fixation. The three-part series introduces Thomas Randolph, a man who’s been married six times. And while that sounds like a lot of weddings, that’s not the most unusual part of his case — it’s that four out of Randolph’s six wives have all died under suspicious circumstances.

A man who does not believe in divorce! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Watching The plot against America. Has alot of parallels with life today in the US. An alternative what if, about Lindbergh beating Roosevelt in the 1940 election, and taking a passivist approach toward WWII, and a somewhat supportive view of Hitler. Also a real insight into the Jewish American experience, in 1940's America. I remember growing up in the 1960's as a Jew. Got alot of flack and almost felt like a Black man at times. But, I am sure few experiences parallel being black in America. At least law enforcement left me alone, unless I was making trouble, which was often! 

I feel like I'm black at times in LOS. 555 ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Felon (2008) is one of the best and most harrowing prison films ever. Stephen Dorff was amazing. And maybe Val Kilmer's last great performance. And Sam Shepard. Buckle in guys. 

Watched the Bucket List again. One of Nicholson's last films. And a very enjoyable Morgan Freeman. Fun and had some resonance. 

Youth (2015) with Harvey Keitel, and Michael Caine. Directed by maestro Paolo Sorrentino. A truly amazing film. Not alot of action. Just great drama, with a surrealist, magical realist touch. The scene where Caine is directing the cows, is one for the ages. So. Many great scenes. Speaking of Sorrentino. His other classic is The Great Beauty (2013). Also known as LA grande bellezza. Wow. Stunning work. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, BigStar said:

I'll take a look at this while wary that CNN's intention may simply be to play up, for the woke crowd, the fact that though Lincoln--a Republican--was always morally opposed to slavery and agreed that it should and would end, politically he knew he couldn't simply abolish it immediately and everywhere, or even in the border states, and still achieve his single-minded objective of maintaining the Union. I'll be interested to see whether it also points out some of his autocratic, even illegal behavior, though it might. Amusingly after this was vilified esp. by politicians in the South, Jefferson Davis did the same thing.????

Sounds like the definition of a noble politician. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

You're probably confusing it with The Handmaid's Tale.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/

Totally different. The Handmaiden is a kind of erotic Korean film noir. 

I stand corrected. Saw it. Very good. Chan-wook Park is a very talented director. Alot of good work. Stoker, thirst, lady vengeance. Strong stuff. Korean cinema can be very dark, but it can be very good. 

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Found this true crime series on RARBG called Killer Cases.

The first episode was quite good.

Do you think they have this ..sort of competition on RARBG, see who can put out the biggest file..... I have seen some movies on there that go over 8GB--9GB, same one on Pirates H/D for 1.2GB