What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Downloaded a movie I'd never seen or heard of before called "The Last Vermeer" and enjoyed it very much indeed.

Based on a true story and included Guy Pearce, whom I like.

Also watched "Adverse" which was a low-budget movie and just average IMO. However it did star Mickey Rourke which was one of the reasons I downloaded it, but then again things don't always turn out as planned.......

OOPS, almost forgot I watched "Promising Young Woman" a couple of days ago and although I thought it was slow going initially, and couldn't quite see where it was going, it all came right in the end, if leaving a little puzzle. Enjoyable all the same.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2021 at 12:53 PM, Blue Muton said:

Good news for fans of the excellent Mr. Mercedes, season 3 is out on the 4th of March. I really love this show like a book that you just can't put down. 7.9 on IMDb and rightly so IMHO. Some great acting and a strong storyline if the first two seasons are anything to go by.

"A retired detective sets out on a dangerous and potentially felonious crusade when a serial killer begins tormenting him through a series of letters and emails."

I watched the 1st series when it first came out and then forgot to follow up on it.  Thank you for reminding me of this absolutely brilliant show.  I have just finished binge watching season 2 and 3 (fmovies).  Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

'Stan and Ollie'. Yep that's right. A brilliant BBC film depicting Laurel & Hardy's last tour together in the UK and Ireland. Wonderful acting that was so much 'in character' I could almost believe it was really them.

It it's also quite a moving story about the latter part of their lives together. Well worth watching.

Available on BBC iPlayer for 11 months.

Yes I agree very good. Also, there is a great one out there called Eric and Ernie on the lives of those two comedians. The guy that played Eric was brilliant and earned a BAFTA

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Early days, but first episode looks promising for us scifi geeks.

Johnanthan Tucker is a terrific actor.

Thought he was sensational in Kingdom and Justified.

Scifi not my thing though.

Hope you enjoy it.

1)      Da Vinci's Inquest

"Nicholas Campbell plays charismatic and mercurial coroner Dominic Da Vinci, of Vancouver, British Columbia. As a former undercover cop, he understands the realities of the streets and the compromises that must sometimes be made. Still, he makes it his mission to bring dignity to each victim and tries to solve some of the mysteries surrounding deaths in his city, frequently butting heads with members of his own department and the city police as well as his pathologist ex-wife."

8.0 on IMDb. Seasons 1-7 in one download from TPB, took a day to complete.

• Thanks 1

2)       Hudson & Rex

"Detective Charlie Hudson teams up with what he calls his "highly trained law enforcement animal" German Shepherd dog named Rex who he prefers to team up with because he doesn't talk his ear off."

6.9 on IMDb, currently airing season 3. All previous episodes on Magnet. I was watching the first episodes and the first scenes had me worried that it would turn into Lassie but that didn't turn out to be the case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

O Canada.

" The Murders" just popped up, which seemed a bit strange as it was first broadcast a couple of years ago, but apparently it was originally only broadcast in Canada but has now been broadcast in the US 

"A rookie Homicide detective's negligence in a fellow officer's death has her searching for redemption in her investigations."

Canada has produced some mediocre crime shows such as Flashpoint and The Detail, some ok like Rookie Blue and some very good like Cardinal, Durham County and the true crime series Real Detective (all IMVHO, of course). 

I got to wondering whether any others had slipped under my radar so I slipped into my tweed two piece, donned my deerstalker, waxed my moustache, sat in my wheelchair and off I went, lollipop in one hand, cigar in the other, to investigate. I stumbled across a couple or three that were new to me, details to follow.

My favourite Canadian cop show.

For Heaven's Sake

New 8 part series available now on Rarbg.

Summary: FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE blends comedy and crime documentary formats for a unique take on uncovering the truth. The series will follow the search for Harold Heaven, who mysteriously disappeared from his remote cabin in Ontario, Canada, in the winter of 1934.

• Like 1