What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Lol .. Just sitting here watching it over a bowl of cornflakes.

Along with all the episodes of The Serpent, The first episode of The Investigation has appeared with decent quality /subtitles, I’m still enjoying The Witch Hunt.

The Investigation has been out for a month on TPB with hardcoded subs under Efterforskningen.

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The Investigation has been out for a month on TPB with hardcoded subs under Efterforskningen.

Yup, but you can now find season packs available now from HBO source. Better quality and accurate soft subs now.

18 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Excellent BBC Netflix production . Great how they recreated 1970s Bangkok .. first episode in YouTube. You can find the rest online.  True story about a serial killer across SE Asia    

Liked this quote from Wikipedia about why Thai police didn't pursue the guy in Bangkok when Dutch consulate told them about this criminal and the Thais didn't want to 'damage tourism with the publicity '.  Nothing changed in 45 years since 

"Sobhraj was interrogated by Thai policemen in connection with the murders, but released because authorities feared that the negative publicity accompanying a murder trial would harm the country's tourist industry. ". Wikipedia 

I thought I was crazy when I heard the caracter of Herman Knippenberg speak Dutch so I googled turns out he is from the UK and acts like he speaks Dutch lol what a bummer.

22 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

I thought I was crazy when I heard the caracter of Herman Knippenberg speak Dutch so I googled turns out he is from the UK and acts like he speaks Dutch lol what a bummer.

The head of the Dutch consulate in Bangkok had no interest in finding the truth ! He was too concerned with making waves in Thailand .  Hmm fits 

Looking to watch Cobra Kai Season 3. The series is about the two kids from the original Karate Kid movie grown up and running their own Karate schools while facing the same social changes that drive everyone nuts these days, a comedic clash of 1980s and 2020.

• Like 1

American Detective with Lt. Joe Kenda

My favourite cop is back with a new series.

Summary: "It takes a rare breed to solve the unsolvable." Lt. Joe Kenda is back to introduce some of the most skilled investigators in the game.

https://www.facebook.com/discoveryplus/videos/american-detective-with-lt-joe-kenda-discovery-original-trailer/2766812716875070/

Edited by Will27

On 1/2/2021 at 6:51 AM, giddyup said:

Agree or disagree with the subject matter, the last 15 minutes of this has some of the most heart-wrenching scenes you're ever likely to see.

I'm pretty inured into being emotionaly manipulated into a state a sentimentalism by  films and TV especially when I think about how much money they make.

8 hours ago, Nout said:

I'm pretty inured into being emotionaly manipulated into a state a sentimentalism by  films and TV especially when I think about how much money they make.

So ... you hear/see the truth and you are being manipulated ?

John Cadogan does not call Elon Musk the "Electric Jesus" for nuttin'

11 hours ago, Nout said:

In other words you're heartless.

11 hours ago, Nout said:

Films & TV are controlling your emotions??

Perhaps you should seek medical advice.

• Haha 1

Becoming Labrador

This one looks interesting.
Available on RARBG.

Summary: In the stark Labrador interior, a growing number of Filipino workers have recently landed in the small regional hub of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, travelling halfway around the world for jobs they hope will offer their families new opportunities and a better life.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tv Series - Torpederna AKA Triggermen

The Trailer looks pretty good.
Series 1 and 2 with HC subs on TPB.

Summary: Swedish dramedy about an ex-hitman recently released from prison who is desperately trying (and generally failing) to go straight.

https://youtu.be/sCLHZtKp85s

Just downloaded that last night, billed as a comedy-drama, I didn't know Vikings did comedy but we'll see......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue Muton said:

Not watching now but on the radar for launch on the 11th of Feb is Clarice, a series centred on Sharon Stone's character from The Silence of the Lambs. Hope it lives up to the film.

Wasn't it Jodie Foster?

• Like 2

For fans of "classic" police shows I see that there's a fairly new upload of all twelve seasons (261 episodes) of NYPD Blue available at TPB. It's in 1080, downloaded from Hulu and is amazing quality for such a relatively old show. Having decent characters and storylines helps, too.

• Like 2