What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

If you liked Unforgotten -- xylophone, Then if possible try to get hold of her (Nicola Walker)

best performance, in "River" This was so good it was nominated for the "Rose d'Or" , Best crime series in Europe 2016. (came 2nd) She plays next to Stellan Skarsgård, top Swedish actor (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo--etc) . It was written by the people who produced Broadchurch, & IMO, is the best Psychological crime series the BBC has done--certainly beats "line of duty"--"Marcella"  etc ..etc  its the most original detective story I've come across. I could only find the trailer on YouTube--- but there are better people here then me for hunting these things down. Just 6 episodes-- it cant be repeated. ...& it would be a spoiler to tell you why.

Thanks for the tip Sanuk711, but have been unable to find it so far (for downloading).........any suggestions from anyone?

Did try The PB, but couldn't see it???

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Braking bad was really good-- but it went on for 5 years, many many episodes.  Like making 5 movies--You can do so much with a story when you have that long, kill off people put in new characters with new story lines ...etc.  The wire--well it was true, proving the fact Vs fiction maxim, & another 5 year 60 episodes.

Maybe I shouldn't try to compare what they put in 6 episodes of River. against these marathon ones. I never took to Sopranos will27--although all my friends certainly raved about it.

I guess with River, I really liked the Psychological twists to it. First one just 10 minuets into it.. & I cant even rave about it without it spoiling it for someone.

The Wire wasn't exactly true, it was "loosely based" on the experiences of a Baltimore cop and some of the characters that he came across.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

The Wire wasn't exactly true, it was "loosely based" on the experiences of a Baltimore cop and some of the characters that he came across.

Yep.

IMO it's pointless trying to compare series TBH.

There's also foreign shows like Gomorrah, Spiral and The Bridge which are as good as I've seen.

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Hi BM.. how are you after your accident..? ..Finished with motor bikes now..????

Yes there was a lot of license taken with the wire-- but they had a follow up program, some years back--where they interviewed (some of the bad guys) one especially had come out of prison with a lot of property still in his name and had then made it as a business man (oops sorry "person")

Yes it was a great series....2002--2008,  & I guess Will27 is right you cant judge a 6 episode program against that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hi BM.. how are you after your accident..? ..Finished with motor bikes now..????

Yes there was a lot of license taken with the wire-- but they had a follow up program, some years back--where they interviewed (some of the bad guys) one especially had come out of prison with a lot of property still in his name and had then made it as a business man (oops sorry "person")

Yes it was a great series....2002--2008,  & I guess Will27 is right you cant judge a 6 episode program against that.

Think you're confusing Blue Muton with Blue Sofa????

That is unless, BM has had an accident as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, Will27 said:

Think you're confusing Blue Muton with Blue Sofa????

That is unless, BM has had an accident as well.

Yer.....thanks will27...... sorry BM............????

How Embarrassing...............????......????.............????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

If you liked Unforgotten -- xylophone, Then if possible try to get hold of her (Nicola Walker)

best performance, in "River" This was so good it was nominated for the "Rose d'Or" , Best crime series in Europe 2016. (came 2nd) She plays next to Stellan Skarsgård, top Swedish actor (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo--etc) . It was written by the people who produced Broadchurch, & IMO, is the best Psychological crime series the BBC has done--certainly beats "line of duty"--"Marcella"  etc ..etc  its the most original detective story I've come across. I could only find the trailer on YouTube--- but there are better people here then me for hunting these things down. Just 6 episodes-- it cant be repeated. ...& it would be a spoiler to tell you why.

Looked for it on the usual sources I use and I cannot find it. Where can I get it?

Whilst I'm in the process of downloading the series, River, I decided to watch another of my old favourites last evening, and this one was, "Jeremiah Johnson" and my copy is a little bit ragged, so I'm wondering if there is a remastered version out there somewhere?

On the subject of the name Jeremiah Johnson, I did a little bit of research on it and it appears there was such a person, although he was a far cry from the Robert Redford portrayal, especially as he was rumoured to eat the livers of the Crow Indians that he killed, because it was supposed to stop them going to their "happy hunting ground". 

Just a couple of nights previous, I decided to watch (again) The Shawshank Redemption, and enjoyed it for the umpteenth time, although it did have a couple of "pixel glitches" throughout it so I must try and look for a better copy.

Those two movies would have to be amongst my list of favourites, so it's imperative that I keep them in tiptop condition

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer.....thanks will27...... sorry BM............????

How Embarrassing...............????......????.............????

No worries. No m/c accidents for me since I moved here touch wood. Still ride every day but mostly on Mrs BM's Grand Filano or MSX rather than my Vulcan.

• Haha 1

Talking of old movies, another little gem has recently popped up:-

Sahara (1943) with Humphrey Bogart and Lloyd Bridges

After the fall of Tobruk in 1942, during the Allied retreat in the Libyan desert, an American tank picks-up a motley group of survivors but they face advancing Germans and a lack of water.

Available on 1337x with subs

There is a later version of the very same story with  Jim Belushi and Alan David Lee in color and almost as good:-

Sahara (1995)

????

Edited by Jai Dee
Link to file sharing website removed as per Forum Rules

River

I uploaded to YouTube the first episode of River just now, but Weekends --Sunday -Tues are a bit internet hectic for me, -- on a Russian Boxing site.

I will try to get the other 5 episodes uploaded after that. If you download it-Let me know if there is any problems with that, as I haven't had time to do a check. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/xyzXwEgrn7s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Talking of old movies, another little gem has recently popped up:-

Sahara (1943) with Humphrey Bogart and Lloyd Bridges

I remember as a kid, my father taking me to see "African Queen" --which was talked about a lot as you saw Bogart's bare bottom, as he climbed back into the boat from swimming.

Don't remember much else about it--other than he beat all the Nazi's bare handed..of course.

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

Whilst I'm in the process of downloading the series, River,

Oh you found it somewhere--great I don't have to do an upload then..... should have read your post first...................DUH......

Gave up on Walking Dead after two series of head splitting/eye gouging zombie deaths.

Back to SPOOKS from 2002/3. Downloaded all series on PB in 1080....brilliant.

On Channel 5 is a series called How the Victorians Built Britain with Michael Burke. Very interesting (for me anyway). Available via torrents.

• Like 1

Antidisturbios

This one looks good.
Couldn't find a trailer with subs.
Available on TPB with subs.

Summary: Six riot police proceed with an eviction in the centre of Madrid, but things go wrong and a man loses his life. An Internal Affairs team is given the task of investigating the facts and the six riot police are accused of manslaughter. The squad set about trying to find their own way out, leading to their separation and, finally, complicating the situation even more. Laia, one of the Internal Affairs team, becomes obsessed with the case and ends up discovering that, behind the fateful eviction, there’s a lot more than meets the eye.

• Like 1

Giri/Haji

Liked this a lot:

An 8 part drama split between Japan and London basically telling the story of a Yakuza hitman who fled to London after faking his death and his cop brother who is sent, unofficially, to bring him back.

Kelly McDonald is witty as the detective caught up in the mayhem and good to see Tony Way ( the slob photographer in Gervais’s After Life ) as a bumbling London cop. 

The Japanese side are the usual serious business like types while the London crew  comes across as a bunch of misfits all with skeletons in the closet, the wideboy cockney gangster boss did seem a little stereotypical and out of place.

The anti-woke brigade might claim that the inclusion of a teenage Japanese lesbian, a black female gangster, and a suicidal drug addicted Soho rent boy were unnecessary but I felt they all played their part in the story and were typical of the world we live in .

All in all I found it very entertaining with several twists to keep you interested.

I watched it on fmovies but probably available elsewhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Oh you found it somewhere--great I don't have to do an upload then..... should have read your post first...................DUH......

Yes, I find it somewhere thank you sanuk711, with the help of Blue Muton, and although I had to ferret around a little, I managed to download the whole series, and am now looking forward to watching it, or at least starting to.

Thanks for your help and to everyone else who offered to help – – much appreciated.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, xylophone said:

"Jeremiah Johnson" and my copy is a little bit ragged, so I'm wondering if there is a remastered version out there somewhere?

I watched JJ about a month ago. I got my copy from fmovies about 2 years ago. Still got a boatload of movies and series to watch from that site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 9:31 AM, mikebike said:

You might liker this slightly older Canadian detective show. Low res on YT - PB has complete seasons.

Thanks. Couldn't find a lot on TPB but found all seasons on Rar. As somebody recently observed many of their uploads are enormous and this show was one of those. Total file size for the six seasons is just short of 200GB averaging 2.6GB per episode! I watched the first episode before downloading the rest, which is due to complete in a few hours. I've started converting to 480 HEVC which will bring it down to a more manageable 23GB.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Giri/Haji

Liked this a lot:

An 8 part drama split between Japan and London basically telling the story of a Yakuza hitman who fled to London after faking his death and his cop brother who is sent, unofficially, to bring him back.

Kelly McDonald is witty as the detective caught up in the mayhem and good to see Tony Way ( the slob photographer in Gervais’s After Life ) as a bumbling London cop. 

The Japanese side are the usual serious business like types while the London crew  comes across as a bunch of misfits all with skeletons in the closet, the wideboy cockney gangster boss did seem a little stereotypical and out of place.

The anti-woke brigade might claim that the inclusion of a teenage Japanese lesbian, a black female gangster, and a suicidal drug addicted Soho rent boy were unnecessary but I felt they all played their part in the story and were typical of the world we live in .

All in all I found it very entertaining with several twists to keep you interested.

I watched it on fmovies but probably available elsewhere.

Thanks.

That looks really good, I've not come across fmovies before but this is on TPB anyway.

On 3/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, Will27 said:

Grace

New two part series starting tonight.

John Simm is always worth a watch.

Part one should be available for download late tonight or tomorrow.

Summary: John Simm stars as DS Grace in this two-part adaptation of the bestselling Roy Grace detective novels by Peter James. Tonight’s feature-length opener sees Grace still plagued by the disappearance of his wife Sandy six years before and his increasingly unorthodox investigation methods coming under scrutiny during a local muder trial. An intriguing case of a stag night prank gone wrong, leaving the groom-to-be missing, could provide the key to his redemption though.

Are there any episodes with English subs?

Edited by giddyup