What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Are there any episodes with English subs?

I couldn't see any.

They might appear when someone downloads the whole series next week.

I know some people download and add but I don't do that.

Just now, Will27 said:

I couldn't see any.

They might appear when someone downloads the whole series next week.

I know some people download and add but I don't do that.

I do if subs are available, but haven't seen any.

Dark Secrets of a Trillion Dollar Island

Summary: Garenne tells the extraordinary story of the child abuse scandal that erupted on the idyllic island of Jersey in 2007. For a long time, the victims’ voices had remained unheard, but when widespread allegations of sexual abuse resurfaced in the late 2000s, Jersey’s then health minister Stuart Syvret spoke out about the scale of this historic child abuse and the damage done to the victims.

The Beatrice Six: Keith Morrison Investigates

Also saw this one on RAR.

Summary: Dateline correspondent Keith Morrison looks at how the1985 murder of Helen Wilson rocked the small town of Beatrice, Nebraska. Four years after the murder, six people were convicted of the crime, but one of the six, Joseph White, fought for two decades to overturn his conviction and prove his innocence. When DNA evidence from the crime scene was finally tested, and a new investigation into the murder was opened, the results turned the case and the town upside down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

The link doesn't work.

It’s not a link - it’s a scene release - if you search your chosen indexer for that filename, you will fine it has subtitles. It used to be that Google was the best torrent search engine, enter the filename followed by “torrent”.

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s not a link - it’s a scene release - if you search your chosen indexer for that filename, you will fine it has subtitles. It used to be that Google was the best torrent search engine, enter the filename followed by “torrent”.

It's on Rar. but it doesn't have subs. Never mind, subs are now available on Subscene.

Edited by giddyup

Under Suspicion: ---- Uncovering the Wesphael Case.

Starts tomorrow--They now call these a "docuseries"...5 episodes. All 5 out same day.

Bernard Wesphael, --Belgian politician-  was accused of murdering his wife, Véronique Pirotton, in 2013. She had been found dead in a hotel room in Ostend.

The Blurb--:

Netflix documentary series Under Suspicion: Uncovering the Wesphael Case was released on the streaming service on March 17, 2021.Let’s cast our eyes back to The Staircase — a true-crime documentary series that split audiences down the middle — “did the husband do it?”. It was not like Making a Murderer, where there was frequent circumstantial evidence and highly suspicious pitfalls in the investigation — a lot of the evidence relies on the husband’s account of what happened. This Netflix series offers something similar; looking into Belgian politician Bernard Wesphael, a man accused of murdering his wife Véronique Pirotton in 2013 — she was found dead in a hotel room, and he was in the hotel room at the time.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, JackSinclair said:

I never  saw this first time around being in LOS at the time.
Looks gringworthy at first but S01 was fun with clever dialogue.

Series 1-9 are up there in the galaxy just now, and well seeded.
S06-S09 are1080p

peepshow.jpg

One of the best British comedies IMO. I've watched the whole series through twice.

The Return: Life After ISIS

Is on release tomorrow from the Texas Film festival , it centers on the women who joined the ISIS caliphate including Shamima Begum (UK) and Hoda Muthana (USA)  both of whose country's will not allow them to return.

https://thearabweekly.com/life-after-isis-premieres-online-texas-based-festival

• Thanks 2

So I've just finished watching Will's favourite Canadian cop show, 19-2. Wow, some brutal scenes and a bit like The Shield and BrBa in that once you cross a certain line you can be drawn into ever more extreme unforeseen consequential situations. Some very nice eye candy too.

Now I've stumbled upon another one, Cracked. Two seasons, both on Rar, both large files (average about 1.3GB) and both pretty slow to download. I kicked them off yesterday morning and whilst S2 has just completed, S1 is only 35% d/l so far.....patience, I'm in no hurry. I watched the first episode and rate it.

Cracked 2013-14, 7.0 on IMDb

"Inspired by real experiences of police officers and mental-health professionals, CBC's "Cracked" mixes police and medical drama. Each episode features the psychological side of policing as well as the emotional impact of front-line workers. Detective Aidan Black, who has post-traumatic stress disorder, is joined by Dr. Daniella Ridley to lead the new Psych Crimes Unit. Combining police skills with psychiatric insight, the team attempts to solve crimes and resolve crises. Black and Ridley are tasked with protecting the public from harm while protecting the dignity of its citizens."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2021 at 6:08 PM, KarenBravo said:

I've never been into super-hero movies, though, I must admit to liking Venom and the Deadpool.........probably because of the humour.

Same for me. I only like super-hero skits or send ups. i.e Kick Ass, The Tick, Mystery Men etc.