What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 3/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, sanuk711 said:

Under Suspicion: ---- Uncovering the Wesphael Case.

Starts tomorrow--They now call these a "docuseries"...5 episodes. All 5 out same day.

Bernard Wesphael, --Belgian politician-  was accused of murdering his wife, Véronique Pirotton, in 2013. She had been found dead in a hotel room in Ostend.

Thanks for that. I enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

Dead Man's Line

Just found this one on RARBG.

Summary: On the morning of February 8, 1977, Tony Kiritsis walked into an office on East Market Street and wired a shotgun to mortgage broker Richard Hall’s head. After making a 40-minute 911 call that ran the emotional gamut from polite respect to seething rants and tearful breakdowns, Kiritsis then paraded Hall along the streets of downtown Indianapolis followed by a cadre of police and media who were unable to do anything other than watch the event unfold. Kiritsis went on to hold Hall captive for three days as SWAT snipers, the bomb squad, and FBI looked for a way to disarm him without Hall being shot. The crisis culminated in a shocking press conference broadcast live on TV.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone if there are any films about Thailand and the Rattanakosin Kingdom (1782–present)?

Ideally a documentary, but I can imagine that might be a difficult subject to find?
I'm not interested in the fantasy stuff about how the Thais avenged this, that or other.
As long as it's reasonably factual. English or English subtitles.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Sky Rojo

From the creators of The Money Heist, this one should be out today or tomorrow.

Summary: Coral, Wendy and Gina go on the run in search of freedom while being chased by Romeo, their pimp from Las Novias Club, and his henchmen, Moises and Christian.

A chick-flick.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Blue Muton said:

.....and right on cue USA Network have released the trailer for season five, the final season, which will arrive a couple of months sooner than expected - on the 7th of April. Mrs BM will be pleased.

Looks to me like the usual scraping the bottom of the barrel Series 5 stuff about drug dealing. 

I tried series 1 and gave up on Ep 3.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

All Creatures Great and Small. 2020 remake of British series about a vet based in the Yorkshire Dales. From books by James Herriot.

Had Diana Rigg as Mrs Pumphry.  Must have been one of her last roles ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Dead Man's Line

Just found this one on RARBG.

Summary: On the morning of February 8, 1977, Tony Kiritsis walked into an office on East Market Street and wired a shotgun to mortgage broker Richard Hall’s head. After making a 40-minute 911 call that ran the emotional gamut from polite respect to seething rants and tearful breakdowns, Kiritsis then paraded Hall along the streets of downtown Indianapolis followed by a cadre of police and media who were unable to do anything other than watch the event unfold. Kiritsis went on to hold Hall captive for three days as SWAT snipers, the bomb squad, and FBI looked for a way to disarm him without Hall being shot. The crisis culminated in a shocking press conference broadcast live on TV.

Downloaded today, haven't had chance to watch it yet.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does anyone if there are any films about Thailand and the Rattanakosin Kingdom (1782–present)?

Ideally a documentary, but I can imagine that might be a difficult subject to find?
I'm not interested in the fantasy stuff about how the Thais avenged this, that or other.
As long as it's reasonably factual. English or English subtitles.

I think this is supposed to be before the time you're looking for. It's English anyways. It was a product of the founder of Thammasat University.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, sanuk711 said:

Crisis

Watched Crisis last night.... 3 stories interwoven  in the Movie , about the world of opioids drug smuggling Fentanyl  between Canada and the U.S ....OK movie. Gary Oldman lead role, still one of Britain's top I think. Its worth a watch.

"More people died from opioid addiction in the US in last two years than died in the Vietnam war"!!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

If you like Forest Whitaker, then I hope you've watched a very good movie in which he stars, called, "Ghost Dog", as its unusual and entertaining at the same time.

Thanks, yes I did enjoy that and would agree with your comments 100%. As well as his films I liked him in The Shield and Criminal Minds, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Born one hundred years ago yesterday, will still be funny in another hundred.......

I have an old Thames TV DVD - I will see if I can’t get it up on the web for DL today.

Just watching the first episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, from Disney+

Pretty much standard high polished superhero fare - lots of effects and explosions that were shaking the windows - all good for Saturday afternoon.

• Like 2

Line of Duty, my favourite police/crime drama is back. I've just downloaded the 1st episode. This will nicely replace Bloodlands with James Nesbitt which I have been enjoying.

Both available on BBC iPlayer.

• Like 2