What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 3/19/2021 at 4:33 PM, ThaiFelix said:

"More people died from opioid addiction in the US in last two years than died in the Vietnam war"!!  

I hazard a guess that the amount of people whose lives were destroyed, families shattered, people of color (overwhelmingly) incarcerated, for what is a Health and Social Services problem, not a law enforcement problem, the numbers would approach the rate attributed to Stalin.

Far in excess of WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam combined.

And the end result - a lot of people made a LOT of money.

Any other (Victories) are wholly delusional.

• Like 1

Allen vs. Farrow

A  very good four part documentary that I think is worth watching by anyone that either loves or hates Woody Allen. That pretty much includes everyone that knows about Woody Allen. 

Mostly about the child molestation accusation but more generally explores the issue of whether its OK to enjoy art products of artists that may be bad people. 

I'd like to discuss my reaction to the doc but I guess that might be seen as a spoiler.

Edited by Jingthing

Just downloaded and watched Line of Duty the latest episode ,so suprised there were some men in it ,mind you they were not in charge just taking orders from all the women bosses.lol even the the leader of the gun quad in the begining was a woman,that or a man with a very feminin voice as they were all covered up ,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just downloaded and watched Line of Duty the latest episode ,so suprised there were some men in it ,mind you they were not in charge just taking orders from all the women bosses.lol even the the leader of the gun quad in the begining was a woman,that or a man with a very feminin voice as they were all covered up ,

I also just watched it. Too many acronyms and abbreviations to be able to follow it properly.

And of course, the obligatory gay story line.

• Confused 1

The third and final season of Keeping Faith will start airing on the Beeb later this week, the 27th to be precise. Also of course it will be available on i-player.

Faith, a small-town Welsh lawyer, is forced to cut short her extended maternity leave when her husband and business partner, Evan, goes missing. As the truth of his actions surface, Faith must fight to protect her family and her sanity.

Looking forward to this one starting on the 1st of April, the title says it all really: Law & Order: Organised Crime.

I watched the first episode of the very good Bloodlands last night, as recommended on here a couple of times. Am I alone in thinking that James Nesbitt seems to have aged quite a bit? After all, Stan Lee's Lucky Man was not that long ago and he appeared much younger in that. The same could be said of Stabler here (Christopher Meloni), I guess being blue and porcine has its advantages as I still have my youthful looks.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Looking forward to this one starting on the 1st of April, the title says it all really: Law & Order: Organised Crime.

I watched the first episode of the very good Bloodlands last night, as recommended on here a couple of times. Am I alone in thinking that James Nesbitt seems to have aged quite a bit? After all, Stan Lee's Lucky Man was not that long ago and he appeared much younger in that. The same could be said of Stabler here (Christopher Meloni), I guess being blue and porcine has its advantages as I still have my youthful looks.

Yup, I was thinking the same about James Nesbit, looking like his paper round was a bit on the steep side.

Maybe he put a bit of work for the role to look drawn and gaunt like a troubled police officer, and the close ups didn’t do him any favors either.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I also just watched it. Too many acronyms and abbreviations to be able to follow it properly.

And of course, the obligatory gay story line.

On BBC News, the critics say the same about the acronyms and abrreviations. 

Personally I prefer Bloodlands and Unforgotten.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Rooting around one of my HDD and came across this -

Lone Star 1996

Still a great movie - always been a John Sayles fan

Thanks for the reminder, had forgotten about that.

Good movie, downloading now  ????

Available with subs from RARBG.

The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime

Another terrific show by the Beeb.

Just watched episode 1 from RARBG.

Summary: In central Manchester, police are called after a man was taken from his home by an armed gang in front of his wife and children. Held hostage and tortured, he was only released after a £34,000 ransom was paid. The victim, a wealthy man suspected to be linked to drug crime, is thought to be one of a list of people the gang plan to target.

• Thanks 2

Tv Series - Beartown.

This one looks pretty good.
Just got it from RARBG (with subs).

Summary: Hockey is the last beacon of hope in Beartown and being responsible for it is a heavy burden. The day of the semi-final match is also the catalyst for a violent act that will leave a young girl traumatized and a town in turmoil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who Killed Sara?

New one from Netflix out there now.

Summary: Hell-bent on exacting revenge and proving he was framed for his sister's murder, Álex sets out to unearth much more than the crime's real culprit.

• Thanks 1