What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Bloody English newspapers- they report in the news section (not the TV section) all what happens in programs like "Line of duty" -- as if its real news.

(**Is john a spy and did he really kill Mary)

Sometimes I like to get a few episodes down loaded before I watch--- no chance with the D. Mail etc.  Really annoying if you like to have a coffee & read world news in the morning--watch TV evenings.

Stumbled across This site  which seems to have lots of good stuff both old and new.

If interested it has "Only Fools And Horses" all seasons 1-7 plus Specials" Good quality with subs 

Looks like good site to have a rummage 

????

Edited by Jai Dee
Link to file sharing website removed as per Forum Rules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:11 PM, Daffy D said:

Stumbled across This site  which seems to have lots of good stuff both old and new.

If interested it has "Only Fools And Horses" all seasons 1-7 plus Specials" Good quality with subs 

Looks like good site to have a rummage 

????

Been using TG for years. I like it because it gives a brief synopsis on the movie or TV series, plus cover pic, but if you are looking for rarer movies etc, PB or Lime is probably better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Bloody English newspapers- they report in the news section (not the TV section) all what happens in programs like "Line of duty" -- as if its real news.

(**Is john a spy and did he really kill Mary)

Sometimes I like to get a few episodes down loaded before I watch--- no chance with the D. Mail etc.  Really annoying if you like to have a coffee & read world news in the morning--watch TV evenings.

I watched the original series which i really liked ,so far this " woke" version of between the lines is a very poor one ,as is the acting and story ,sorry

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I watched the original series which i really liked ,so far this " woke" version of between the lines is a very poor one ,as is the acting and story ,sorry

Why do you think it's "woke"?

49 minutes ago, faraday said:

Why do you think it's "woke"?

And why jump on the bandwagon of using the word in such a puerile manner? There were plenty of words already in use to describe what they're trying to insult, for example common decency, respect for others, tolerance and inclusion just to name a few.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

And why jump on the bandwagon of using the word in such a puerile manner? There were plenty of words already in use to describe what they're trying to insult, for example common decency, respect for others, tolerance and inclusion just to name a few.

I asked you a straightforward question, there's no need to be snarky.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

You asked Bert Bloggs why he said the programme is woke, my supplementary question was about his use of the word, not yours. My 'snark' wasn't aimed at you, just those who object to any non white, non straight, actors.

Ah, ok...my apologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit of a wait for this one "Fall River" but it looks quite interesting. I see that there was a show about this case back in 2018.

"Rolling Stone" review:

Epix has released a new trailer for its upcoming true-crime docuseries, Fall River, which reinvestigates a string of murders that took place in the titular Massachusetts town in the late-Seventies. The show will premiere on May 16th at 10 p.m. ET.

In 1979, three young women were killed in a streak of murders that captivated and terrified the town of Fall River — the same town that the infamous accused axe murderer Lizzie Borden called home 90 years prior. Despite little forensic evidence, the police alleged the killings were carried out by a satanic cult practicing human sacrifice, and the cops arrested the alleged cult leader, Carl Drew. He was ultimately sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Twenty years later, however, the lead investigator, Paul Carey, found he was still grappling with the inconsistencies that marred the case, and he reopened the investigation himself, despite being retired. Fall River will delve into the new witnesses and evidence that emerged, while it will also feature intimate conversations with Drew. As the trailer teases, it will also examine how the town of Fall River was gripped by the kind of “satanic panic” that would spread across the United States in the coming decade.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I love this, it used to play on a big screen at The Firehouse in Manila.

Thanks for that, I love it too, good tune, great vocals & guitar and some sax. That whole Strong Persuader album is fantastic, I'd not heard of him before I saw him tbh and was blown away, IIRC I went straight out the next day and invested in some vinyl - it's now probably the only copy in Suphanburi!

• Like 1

I downloaded the entire Game of Thrones series in 1080p. The episodes are Blu Ray rips which are between 1.5 to 1.8 gigabytes. I have seen it before, but the quality makes it look and feel like a whole new experience.

If your computer can play 1080p x265, then you got it made. If not, there are lots of x264 and mkv.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Link to file sharing website removed as per Forum Rules
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 9:31 AM, mikebike said:

You might liker this slightly older Canadian detective show. Low res on YT - PB has complete seasons.

Thanks again for this tip, I'm at the end of season 1 and have to say that I really like it, it strikes a good balance between the comedy and drama IMHO, definitely an enjoyable watch for me.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, Will27 said:

Faraday

Do you download straight from your tablet or do you download from a computer and transfer the files across?

I download straight onto my One Drive, of which I have 1 TB. It's then available on whichever device you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Senior Moment (2021)

With William Shatner (Star Trek) and Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future)

After drag racing his vintage convertible around Palm Springs, a retired NASA test pilot loses his license. Forced to take public transportation, he meets Caroline and learns to navigate love and life again.

IMDB only rates it a 5 but I enjoyed it.

????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Episode 2 of 24 hours in Police Custody, season 12 has dropped on Lime.

Thanks for the reminder, I sometimes forget about which TV shows are available & when.

The Detectives Fighting Organised Crime e02 should be available tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Thanks again for this tip, I'm at the end of season 1 and have to say that I really like it, it strikes a good balance between the comedy and drama IMHO, definitely an enjoyable watch for me.

Seeing other stuff you liked I thought that it may be right up your alley!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Thanks for the reminder, I sometimes forget about which TV shows are available & when.

This little site tells you what is on today & the last 2-3 days---UK & USA.... (just the TV programs -not news weather etc--and only tells you what has just been shown not what is ahead.)  also  tells you movies.....you can tick "just TV or TV & Movies.  Now it operates from the Caribbean.  Its useful because  I sometimes just go into it every 3 days or so and like you think, oh yer forgot that one was on etc.

**BTW--don't take any notice if they tell you to turn off your Add Blocker. Just carry on. http://rmz.cr/

Note Mods you can not download torrents from that site address--

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2