What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

"It's confirmed! 'Game of Thrones' prequel series 'House of Dragon' to start rolling from April."

"The 10-episode series, ‘House of the Dragon’ will star British actor Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen. It will tell the story of the Targaryen civil war that took place about 300 years before the events portrayed in GOT."

182307-horizons-2021-02-11t145548894.jpg?itok=13Pxy_tQ

https://www.wionews.com/entertainment/its-confirmed-game-of-thrones-prequel-series-house-of-dragon-to-start-rolling-from-april-362861

• Thanks 1

A bit late to the party on this one, 3 seasons from HBO started in 2016. Golden life (Aranyélet) - the story of a struggling businessman / likeable-rogue and his family.  The reviews present it as a Hungarian version of Ozark, but the first couple of episodes have plenty of dark humorous moments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aranyélet

I never really hear about Central / eastern European series, I thought blinded by the lights, a polish crime drama was pretty cool.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

A few thoughts.....

Reminder

Law & Order: Organised Crime debuts tomorrow, really looking forward to it as Dick Wolf has and continues to produce very good TV (IMO).

It was nice to see discover that a few others on here are fans of Robert Cray, who'da thunk it?

Thanks to all who've shared some great tips on shows and helpful websites, you guys are on fire!

I came across this one, Rush, from down under back from 2008-2011. It's not new and it's not among the very best cop shows but having watched all the others (some multiple times) and are between series or episodes of current favourites I found it decent enough and some must agree as it has a 7.4 score on IMDb.

"They are trained to be smarter, tactically superior and technologically advantaged - Melbourne's answer for a cutting edge trend in policing worldwide."

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

A bit late to the party on this one, 3 seasons from HBO started in 2016. Golden life (Aranyélet) - the story of a struggling businessman / likeable-rogue and his family.  The reviews present it as a Hungarian version of Ozark, but the first couple of episodes have plenty of dark humorous moments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aranyélet

I never really hear about Central / eastern European series, I thought blinded by the lights, a polish crime drama was pretty cool.

I thought this one was terrific.

I liked Ozark but this one

bought and sold it IMO.

Edited by Will27

Season 3 of the supernatural drama show "Manifest" kicks off today.

"After being presumed dead, passengers onboard Flight 828 return and discover the world has aged five years. As they reintegrate into society, they begin to experience guiding voices and visions, and soon a deeper mystery unfolds."

IMDb score 7.2

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

A great documentary about a great man !

BA699A81-4C62-4572-9189-7D765F6777A3.thumb.jpeg.c754d9aaa589c15487bfe65a2b2365bb.jpeg

Available on iPlayer or fmovies.

I watched that last night and thought it was excellent, although very poignant in light of what I have just experienced with old footballing friend back in Sussex, who just a few days ago died of dementia/Alzheimer's.

We played together in several senior amateur teams and he was not only an excellent footballer, but also a good golfer and tennis player, with a wicked sense of humour as well.

Sadly another friend with whom I played together in several teams is currently bedridden with dementia/Alzheimer's and is being fed by spoon with baby food because he no longer recognises where he is, or anybody else for that matter.

We are all about the same age and I wonder if my future could turn in that direction (hopefully not) as I played football for around 40 years, some of it in a good standard, and heading the ball was what you did in those days, and even earlier in my playing days, the footballs were heavy leather which soaked up the water, and held together by a thick lace, left an indelible mark on your forehead if you were unlucky enough to get the lace.

I went to see my friend in Sussex in June 2019 and it was clear that something was wrong, although he had long periods of lucidity and we could discuss aspects of our footballing days, I just felt sorry for the family because they could see what was happening, but he couldn't.

Anyway let's hope they find a cure for this awful disease.

Having said that, there were lots of uplifting moments in the documentary and I was so pleased that I watched it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

A new 3-part US crime documentary titled American Cartel, I can't find out much about it as yet but it's out there in the usual places.

I know, I'm replying to myself but having watched the first episode I think it's pretty good. An early line from one of the participants:

"A lot of people watched 'The Wire' but we were living it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I thought this was very good, although it tested my "beliefs" as to whether "terrorists" should be treated any more humanely than the people they kill/execute.

Having said that it was never fully clear as to his "guilt" with regard to the charges.

Can't say any more otherwise I might ruin it, but well worth a watch.

I downloaded and watched the movie "Violation" and to me it seemed rather muddled, with the flashbacks not being clear as to how far these flashbacks went!

Not only that, the supposed "violation" wasn't shown clearly enough to fully understand exactly what was going on, and on that point one could argue it was instigated.

I saw a few movie reviews and whilst two of them were extolling the virtues of its "message" (yeah right!) Another one quite rightly said that, "they couldn't recommend it".

A bit slow to start with, but would be interested to read the comments from other posters on what they thought about it.

24 hours in police custody is back with a new series,always found it interesting ,amazing how Luton has gone so far downhill, one thing i always notice in crime dramas women are always the bosses and men are not ,but watching a documentry you see how far from the truth todays cop shows are,

• Like 1