What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

Having said that it was never fully clear as to his "guilt" with regard to the charges.

779 Detainees - 8 Convicted - 3 convictions overturned

Total of 5 found guilty

What does that tell you ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Really? The Met has 31,075 full time officers. Their Chief is Cressida Dick, who happens to be a woman. 

The ultimate head of the police in England is the Home Secretary, Priti Patel. She is also a woman. 

One is not heterosexual and the other is not white. Not sure where you get the idea that actors who are not male, not white, not straight or any combination of those things is unrepresentative of the UK today?

Yes two nice box tickers and both bloomin useless, mind you Priti one can talk the talk,shame she never walks the walk.

Just watching last years "Van der Valk" I must of missed it--there is a new series coming out this year so catching up. Just 3 episodes its in the Pirates domain if you have also missed it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Just watching last years "Van der Valk" I must of missed it--there is a new series coming out this year so catching up. Just 3 episodes its in the Pirates domain if you have also missed it.

I for one really liked it, the only disappointment being that there were just the three episodes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxpower said:

I am trying to figure why you see the word immigration as xenophobic and spiteful.

If the guy believes immigration has changed a town or city then he has the right to say so. There was no reference made to industry closing.

I don't see the word as either spiteful or xenophobic more that the use of it in that context is.

I don't deny his right to use the word, but IMHO it was wrong to give a one-word, simplistic and quite frankly incorrect answer as to why the town has declined. I stand by my conclusion that the roots of the use of the word in this context were and are xenophobia and spite.

As for choosing to blame "immigrants" rather than referencing industrial decline in their earlier response, perhaps you should be asking them why?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

If it's got Spall in I'm watching..

Slow as a wet week. Parts of it reminded me of a Monsieur Hulot movie.

Edited by giddyup
  • Haha 1

Don't recall seeing season 7 of New Zealand's The Brokenwood Mysteries getting a mention, apologies in advance if I missed it. Episode 2 aired yesterday.

The Brokenwood Mysteries is set in a seemingly quiet country town where the town’s newest resident, Mike Shepherd, finds that murder lurks in even the most homely location.

Neill Rea (Scarfies, Legend of the Seeker, Go Girls) stars in the lead role of Detective Senior Sergeant Mike Shepherd while Fern Sutherland (The Almighty Johnsons) plays Detective Constable Kristin Sims.

IMDb score of 7.9.

19 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

If it's got Spall in I'm watching..

Well I watched it and I thought it was pathetic, and it is one hour 50 minutes of my life I will never get back.

I couldn't find anything to recommend it and even the laconic Timothy Spall, even more laconic in this film, could not raise it from the depths for me.

Such a shame as I was looking forward to watching a good movie.

• Like 2

Anyone seen any torrents available for Season 2 of the Brit sitcom "Back"? I think I found the first two episodes somewhere but haven't been able to find any more. Stars the same two guys who were in the brilliant TV series Peep Show.

Edit: Have found some episodes on Rar and PB but not enough S & L's to download.

Edited by giddyup

29 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Anyone seen any torrents available for Season 2 of the Brit sitcom "Back"? I think I found the first two episodes somewhere but haven't been able to find any more. Stars the same two guys who were in the brilliant TV series Peep Show.

Edit: Have found some episodes on Rar and PB but not enough S & L's to download.

yes, I can access both series - let me know what resolution and where I can upload them for you.

——————

There was another Channel 5 drama last night, interuder looks like it’s worth a look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

yes, I can access both series - let me know what resolution and where I can upload them for you.

——————

There was another Channel 5 drama last night, interuder looks like it’s worth a look.

Only need Season 2, episodes 3-6, 720 would be ideal but anything lower is still OK. Do you need an email to forward them to me?

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

If you didn’t get sorted you can stream on fmovies.to.

• Like 2

New Netflix series just dropped at the usual places.

Summary: The entrepreneurial jet set as well as the criminal world is more brutal, chaotic and ruthless than ever. When these two worlds collide, loyalty, friendships and business partners will all be tested in the never-ending quest for easy money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

New Netflix series just dropped at the usual places.

Summary: The entrepreneurial jet set as well as the criminal world is more brutal, chaotic and ruthless than ever. When these two worlds collide, loyalty, friendships and business partners will all be tested in the never-ending quest for easy money.

Just PB'ed it, and it says from 2010?