What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Just now, overherebc said:

Ok, this is a general question/rant.

What is it with sound tracks on movies lately.

Two people talking, it's almost impossible to hear them ( movies on tv ). You turn up the volume to hear them and then suddenly an 'action scene' starts and the blast of noise nearly knocks you off your chair.

I surely can't be the only one that 'suffers' from it.

Do people really want that level of noise and why?

I have noticed that too, especially if I change the language to English on my tv I have to turn up the sound to hear the talking and then action scenes or incidental music is too loud.

The dubbed version seems to have the sound levels more proportional .

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

That probably has something to do with the soundtrack on the media file being different to the speaker setup you have at home.

For example, an mkv media file with a DD+ soundtrack (Dolby Digital Plus 5:1 Surround Sound) is not going to sound "right" if you only have a stereo speaker setup. You would probably get a better sound if you had an AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) soundtrack instead.

Always check the soundtrack associated with the media cabinet file you wish to download before you start.

For example:

Capture.JPG.0dd6cdfa247ddbf3b6220b6e79b8a440.JPG

I think it has a lot more to do with simple volume.

Sound track engineers who believe that more volume means more excitement for the people watching the movies in the cinema.

Sound quality doesn't come into it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

That probably has something to do with the soundtrack on the media file being different to the speaker setup you have at home.

For example, an mkv media file with a DD+ soundtrack (Dolby Digital Plus 5:1 Surround Sound) is not going to sound "right" if you only have a stereo speaker setup. You would probably get a better sound if you had an AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) soundtrack instead.

Always check the soundtrack associated with the media cabinet file you wish to download before you start.

For example:

Capture.JPG.0dd6cdfa247ddbf3b6220b6e79b8a440.JPG

And the compression algorithm. Even if just basic 2 channel stereo, over compression can foul the sound.

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Does that stop it getting too loud ????

It has sod all to do with how crystal clear and perfect the sound is.

It dets louder at the so called exciting bits, it doesn't get distorted, JUST LOUDER.

Anyway what have the algorythmics got to do with it, they're just a pop group. ????

It louder because they appear to be Right By Your Side.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Not sure is this is any good .. but it will keep my missus quiet.

Much to my disapproval, every movie made is compared to “taken”

IMDb gave it a 5.8 which is not a good sign, the reviews weren’t very favourable either. General consensus seems to be ; if you’re a Neeson fan then give it a go, if not ....... give it a miss.

I kinda like Liam Neeson, who has been labelled as a poor man’s Clint Eastwood by some critics !!,  and will probably give it a go .

• Like 1

The Bleedin Edge (2018).  Netflix.

"America has the most technologically advanced health care system in the world, yet medical interventions have become the third leading cause of death, and the overwhelming majority of high-risk implanted devices never require a single clinical trial."

On 4/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

No man’s land (2020 tv series)

Liked this:

A Frenchman thinks he spotted his dead sister in a news report , curiosity leads him to Syria where before he knows it he is involved with a bunch of Kurdish female freedom fighters who, together with a bunch of mercenary foreigners are trying to stop ISIS gain more foothold in the Middle East.

Mix in some ISIS infiltrators and some Israeli Mossad turns the story into a thrilling spy/terrorist series.

I watched it on fmovies with subtitles ( around 65% foreign language ) but the trailer seems to show a dubbed version is available, either way it is worthy of a watch IMHO.

Just finished the series last night. I really liked the story and acting. One familiar acting face James Purefoy as a Mossad agent. I had difficulty with the sub titles and watching the video. After a few episodes it was easier but still wish they could have made an English copy but with a series of four or five languages to alter the episodes would loose something. I hope they make a season 2 as the ending left it open.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

Not sure is this is any good .. but it will keep my missus quiet.

Much to my disapproval, every movie made is compared to “taken”

Quite watchable. A lot better than all of the other stuff being put out at the moment.

Subs of both English and Mexican available at  Subscene

????                                                        Subscene

• Thanks 1

I d/l a couple of Kiwi miniseries, One Lane Bridge and The Bad Seed. I watched the first episode of One Lane Bridge and it looks quite promising despite it's modest 6.3 score on IMDb. I haven't started The Bad Seed yet.

One Lane Bridge (2020):

"During a murder investigation at Queenstown's infamous One Lane Bridge, ambitious young Maori Detective, Ariki Davis, inadvertently reawakens a spiritual gift that endangers the case, his career and his life." 

The only trailer I could find has Spanish subs.

The Bad Seed (2019):

The Bad Seed tells the story of two brothers from a dysfunctional family who have raised themselves up from the desperate days of their early childhood, only to have their newly ordered lives begin to fall apart when one becomes a suspect in a murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

New three-part documentary from the Beeb, Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty. Just in case you thought it was only in Thailand.

"Revealing the dirty secrets behind London's policing with a story of corruption that goes to the very top of the Met and leads to the formation of the first internal anti-corruption unit."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/staggering-real-story-behind-line-23911423

The difference is the UK eventually got a decent anti corruption unit and there they can make programs like this about bent police. Enjoyed the first one.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Can only see 'cam' torrents, is a full-fat one available?

There is an Amazon web-DL out there.

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I d/l a couple of Kiwi miniseries, One Lane Bridge and The Bad Seed. I watched the first episode of One Lane Bridge and it looks quite promising despite it's modest 6.3 score on IMDb. I haven't started The Bad Seed yet.

One Lane Bridge (2020):

"During a murder investigation at Queenstown's infamous One Lane Bridge, ambitious young Maori Detective, Ariki Davis, inadvertently reawakens a spiritual gift that endangers the case, his career and his life." 

The only trailer I could find has Spanish subs.

The Bad Seed (2019):

The Bad Seed tells the story of two brothers from a dysfunctional family who have raised themselves up from the desperate days of their early childhood, only to have their newly ordered lives begin to fall apart when one becomes a suspect in a murder.

Yeah, one lane bridge is good. I posted it months ago, and another poster mentioned another NZ series that I forgot to take a note of. I will check out the bad seed, cheers.

Do you ever check fresh eggs ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

New three-part documentary from the Beeb, Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty. Just in case you thought it was only in Thailand

Yer just watching an older "Dispatches"  program last week---how they massage the figures to make it look they have solved the crime or the crimes didn't happen was staggering.

Dispatches - The Crime Game
The inside story of systematic malpractice by UK police who cheat the victims of crime and allow offenders to walk free simply in order to make their official statistics look better.

• Like 1