What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Fast Justice---Dave TV    (3 Episodes 1 out now)

Very Little info on this, add it if you have some

The Sentinels take down a major organised crime group, suspected of smuggling drugs into the county, in a series of intense chases in a tense operation taking place over several weeks.

A Suffolk police team (AKA The Sentinels)  dedicated to fighting organised crime will feature in a new television documentary, called Fast Justice.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/crime/suffolk-police-team-in-fast-justice-on-dave-7834574

• Thanks 2

On 4/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, overherebc said:

Ok, this is a general question/rant.

What is it with sound tracks on movies lately.

Two people talking, it's almost impossible to hear them ( movies on tv ). You turn up the volume to hear them and then suddenly an 'action scene' starts and the blast of noise nearly knocks you off your chair.

I surely can't be the only one that 'suffers' from it.

Do people really want that level of noise and why?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I thought it was just me.  The wife is always going balistic about the volume and I keep telling her I cant hear the dialogue otherwise.  I have fiddled with my laptop and TV sound settings but was starting to lose my mind over it.  But I have also noticed that speaking in an almost whisper seems to be the trend nowadays, especially the bad guys.  And then add that to the overbearing music/action volume I am finding some shows too uncomfortable to watch....or listen.

• Thanks 1

Dead Places, season 1 just dropped.

A paranormal investigator in South Africa, quite interesting as there is no 'ethnic' content, nearly all black actors (and some very attractive women) all with true British accents, nice cinematography as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I thought it was just me.  The wife is always going balistic about the volume and I keep telling her I cant hear the dialogue otherwise.  I have fiddled with my laptop and TV sound settings but was starting to lose my mind over it.  But I have also noticed that speaking in an almost whisper seems to be the trend nowadays, especially the bad guys.  And then add that to the overbearing music/action volume I am finding some shows too uncomfortable to watch....or listen.

I am really lost with all these comments about sound mix. I haven’t heard a duff mix for a longtime, I know movie companies release review copies with purposely bad sound mixes to discourage pirating. I am well aware of your points, but I honestly haven’t experienced it for a long time.

The way that the movie is compressed and the codec may play a part, also the source, if you find a file that has “remux” - Arfik these are FLAC soundtrack that’s been added to a compressed movie format, typically 20-30GB files. Give those a try, these should be as of the Blu-ray release, but the other posters report bad sound mixes from Netflix. 

One of the best mixes I have heard recently is any episode of “the falcon and the winter soldier” I have whats considered a budget 5.1 system with a Yamaha receiver, it’s a good test, lots of explosions that make the subwoofer rumble and quiet talking. The spacial effect is amazing, I have been really impressed, give that a try to compare - the files have been quite big, 6GB for a 1080 webrip file.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

This.

I always download the option with subs if it's available.

I use Nova player on my TV to play USB downloads. Nova has the option to add subtitles from the internet almost instantaneously. If subtitles are unavailable I'd probably give it a miss.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 11:38 AM, Blue Muton said:

HBO + Kate Winslet must be worth a look, out tomorrow (18th), Mare of Easttown.

"A detective in a small Pennsylvania town investigates a local murder while trying to keep her life from falling apart."

I thought Episode 1 was a bit ho hum, in fact couldn't be bothered to watch it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Fog of War

New 3 part series by Discovery Channel on RARBG.

This true-crime series unfolds murder cases shrouded in mysterious clues that detectives must focus on to unveil the killer and solve the crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently watching S01 Darkness - Those who Kill (Den som dræber-Fanget af mørket)

On the fringes of Copenhagen, a woman called Julie Vinding has gone missing and as six months go by, hopes are fading that she’ll ever be found. However, police detective Jan Michelsen (Kenneth M Christensen) won’t give up – he thinks she’s alive and that they can save her.

From a few years back, so prolly mentioned before - It was on iplayer for some time, so maybe already discussed - but theres currently a new weekly S02 episode.

Another thing that I have lined up that is also on a new series - Beau Séjour

Beau Séjour is a Belgian anthology drama series in which a murdered person investigates his or her own death.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, Blue Muton said:

I d/l a couple of Kiwi miniseries, One Lane Bridge and The Bad Seed. I watched the first episode of One Lane Bridge and it looks quite promising despite it's modest 6.3 score on IMDb. I haven't started The Bad Seed yet.

I've watched both series now.

The Bad Seed was a very good drama. I enjoyed that one.

One Lane Bridge: I watched it all, but for me the constant reference to the detective’s 'spiritual gift' put me off somewhat.

Thanks to Blue Muton for help downloading it.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:14 AM, faraday said:

The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime s01e03

Where is the damn thing?

Can't find it.

????

Its back on again, tonight!

24 Hours in Police Custody seems to have vanished - They were listed as specials, it's a right wind up.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Currently watching S01 Darkness - Those who Kill (Den som dræber-Fanget af mørket)

From a few years back, so prolly mentioned before - It was on iplayer for some time, so maybe already discussed - but theres currently a new weekly S02 episode.

The whole of series 2 of Darkness is on TPB.

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

Its back on again, tonight!

Your not getting mixed up with "Bent Coppers" are you recom273--- I have that down for tonight BBC 2...but The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime --down for May 1st. I think the Royal thing has thrown a lot of programs out.

This may help you faraday--:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/?sd=30-04-2021 20:00

17 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Your not getting mixed up with "Bent Coppers" are you recom273--- I have that down for tonight BBC 2...but The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime --down for May 1st. I think the Royal thing has thrown a lot of programs out.

This may help you faraday--:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/?sd=30-04-2021 20:00

No, It wasnt bent coppers, I just noticed it appeared on my calendar this morning. After your message, I just checked radio times and checked again - it had vanished.

I think it scrapes data from TheXE and TVDB and it will continually adjust the calendar, so not weird behaviour, but its usually reliable. 

False alarm - Sorry @faraday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The Fog of War

Is there another name for that Will27 ??....I can not seem to locate it anywhere.

Oops

Sorry mate, I've done it again.

The Fog of Murder.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Fog of War

New 3 part series by Discovery Channel on RARBG.

This true-crime series unfolds murder cases shrouded in mysterious clues that detectives must focus on to unveil the killer and solve the crime.

It should read The Fog of Murder.

Apologies gang and thanks Sanuk.

Finding Yingying

This one was terribly sad.

Summary: After a young Chinese student goes missing on an American university campus, her family travels to the U.S. for the first time, hoping to unravel the mystery of her disappearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ice Cold Murders: Rocco Schiavone --UK. TV Ch 4

Series 1 - Episode 1 --Fri 30 Apr Language Italian-Subs

If you follow detective Rocco Schiavone-- He is posted to the small ski town of Aosta. After getting into trouble in Rome when he took on a well-connected crook. Crime thriller, starring Marco Giallini and Ernesto D'Argenio

------------------------------------------------------

I keep forgetting about 48 hours, which I think is a top program, as most of them are about crime. Sometimes they span years. So I saw series 35  on RARBG while looking around they are already up to the 30s. Downloaded 3 episodes .  E33 is about Visine eye drops. When I first came to Thailand were big news because just 1 or 2 little drops of the odorless- tasteless-clear,  eye clearer in your drink & its goodnight for a while, so they were being used by some ladies to put on their nipples or drop in a drink. Wake up and passport and wallet gone. Seems that more then a few drops and you don't wake up, unless the police do a full Toxicology, it doesn't show.

Anyway This episode 35 (last week) touches on another social fad  "OnleyFans" something that the news here is reporting Thai ladies are into while Covid is keeping them indoors & out of bars..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1