What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Two new ones I've found: The Nevers, a group of Victorian women discover strange new powers, I thought it might be a bit childish but the episodes seen so far are far from that. I will try and post a trailer if my tablet let's me, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The other is: Black Mirror, very weird Sci fi, 5 seasons at the moment, each series only has 3 episodes, each an hour or so long, each episode is totally unrelated to the one before or the one after, as far as I can tell they were all made in the UK ( so far anyway ) it's a bit like 'The  Twilight Zone' on steroids.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Phew

For a minute there I thought you said John Thomas????

Time for another coffee.

Seriously, I used to have a boss whose name was John Thomas.

Really nice guy, lousy boss though.

Jokes were not permitted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

According to IMDb it’s an Action Comedy Drama .

I know what the reviews said, and it has quite good reviews, but to be honest, I just found it a bit silly. My opinion only.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Viewpoint

New 5 part series just started.
Episode 1 is on Lime

Its on Rarbg also....

You keep finding these Will27 and Thank you--but  there piling up -- I don't seem to get enough time to view them all---oh well Football comes to a close soon, so that will leave a small gap in viewing time.

**Spoiler Alert !!!!!

Your into True crime Will27--you would really enjoy "48.Hours". especially S33E34, Guy starts a Hitman site on the Dark webb. American girl has a relationship with an English guy--when she rejects him, takes a contract out on her re the Webb.

Don't want to post anymore  and spoil it to much--but the amazing thing was, the FBI gets involved and they were well behind "48 hours" who travel to India to track the Webb master down--who travel to England to track the English guy down---who then Travel to uncover the hitman. By this time the FBI had given it away.   There's 3 copies on RARGB just put in--

--  48 Hours S33E34  --The other Crime stuff on 48 hours is really good IMO. 

**guys don't confuse it with "The First 48 Hours"..... which isn't that good.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
16 minutes ago, petermik said:

Don,t let it worry your sweet self...us Brits enjoy having a sense of humour.....????

Every country has funny slang words for schmeckels, mate.

Isn't that German for 'loose change'?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Every country has funny slang words for schmeckels, mate.

Had to look that up JT.

One definition on 'Urban Dictionary' describes it as - & I'll be circumspect...

hitting another person on the head with one's err.. 

Captain Standish

????

Funny old world, really.????

Back on topic....????

Halfway through The Virtuoso.

A rather odd movie, can't work out if it's any good or not.

Anybody watched it?

Line Of Duty s06e06 was rather spiffing, na?

Anna Maxwell Martin is quietly menacing...

Great actress - or should I say actor...?

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Great actress - or should I say actor...?

I’ve noticed that also, actresses ( female actors ?? ) seem to refer to themselves as “ actors “ now !

What’s that all about ??

Part of the woke agenda or to protect those who haven’t figured out what gender they are going to assume ??

Well, I didn’t get the memo so i’ll continue to call them actresses !!

Sue me Hollywood !!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Halfway through The Virtuoso.

A rather odd movie, can't work out if it's any good or not.

I thought The Virtuoso was just okay and still haven't been able to figure out who was going to do what to whom and why in the diner - – won't say any more in case I spoil it for you.

• Like 2

Last night I watched a movie on BBC iPlayer, called, "The Man with the Iron Heart" and funnily enough I had watched a documentary on the iPlayer, dealing with Hitler and his cohorts, and this movie was based on fact, so I was able to tie the two in together.

A good movie, but the truth can be brutal, and I have downloaded it to send over to a mate of mine in Oz.

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sending him the link would be ideal, however he wants to keep a library of all movies, new or old, and he is not very computer literate, so the download part would be quite hard for him, not to mention the uTorrent setup, and what to look for when searching online for a decent download.

I send him about six USBs every few months and he watches them, downloads them onto his filesystem and then sends the USBs round to a few mates of his, who also appear to be computer illiterate (if that's the right word).

A bit of a palaver, but it works well enough for him, so I'm okay with it, and we've been mates for 45 years, and that's what mates are for!!

Sounds like a good system. Luckily, I am one of those people who very rarely watch a movie a second time as I have just had a 90 minute spoiler of it. I delete from my Cloud drive so always have plenty of free space. If I do wake up one morning and think ' Oh I want to watch Groundhog Day again' I can download again in a very short time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sounds like a good system. Luckily, I am one of those people who very rarely watch a movie a second time as I have just had a 90 minute spoiler of it. I delete from my Cloud drive so always have plenty of free space. If I do wake up one morning and think ' Oh I want to watch Groundhog Day again' I can download again in a very short time.

Yes it works for us, and that's all that matters really, and I do like watching movies that are a few years old, and have perhaps forgotten most of the key points or even the ending, but having said that, I have watched the likes of Tombstone, The Railway Man, Apocalypse Now Redux, Jeremiah Johnson and so on, quite a few times over the years and always manage to find something in them that I missed previously, not to mention enjoying them immensely!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - The Grim Sleeper: Mind of a Monster

This one was well done.

Available on RARBG.

Summary: An LA serial killer goes silent for decades - but he was just warming up.

The US seems to have more than their fair share of serial killers.

A Youtuber named 'Soft White Underbelly' has loads of short videoed interviews with people from all walks of life from the Skidrow area of LA,  prostitutes, druggies, pimps, molesters, trannys, brothel owners, runaways, rapists etc. 

Here's one that recounts two run-ins with serial killers.

Edited by bobandyson
  • Thanks 1