What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

11 minutes ago, covidiot said:

Not recent, but I liked these TV series:

Carnivale - Set in the 30s, tale of good vs evil. Got cut short (2 seasons) because production value was too high I think. 

666 Park Avenue

It was very good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, covidiot said:

Carnival - Set in the 30s, tale of good vs evil. Got cut short (2 seasons) because production value was too high I think. 

666 Park Avenue

I had forgotten about this show. Bloody shame that they cancelled it.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, faraday said:

Carnivale - Set in the 30s, tale of good vs evil. Got cut short (2 seasons)

5 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Seasons 1 + 2 on Pir&te B*y. Well seeded 8gb files. 720p X264 MKV

Sorry---a  little confused --

1/ are we talking about Carnival Row

2/ Are we talking about a program that only has 1 season out, not 2 ..??

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sorry---a  little confused --

1/ are we talking about Carnival Row

2/ Are we talking about a program that only has 1 season out, not 2 ..??

I assume we are talking about this :

8C501CB2-0492-449C-846F-5821DD03AA35.thumb.png.0d734173f0680f21a6060630a02f2b13.png

Season 1  - 2003

Season 2 - 2005

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I assume we are talking about this :

Yer... Thanks Andrew I went with rcuthbert post ....(without an "E" on the end.)..... ????

I don't know how he managed that as he just done a quote  from Covidiot Post, but the spelling changed.

8 hours ago, rcuthbert said:
10 hours ago, covidiot said:

Carnival - Set in the 30s, tale of good vs evil. Got cut short (2 seasons) because production value was too high I think. 

666 Park Avenue

I had forgotten about this show. Bloody shame that they cancelled it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just binged the 1st 2 seasons of “ Manifest “ on fmovies.

Piece by piece the Stone family, aided by other passengers, learn about people in danger and through the medium of visions, gained from the “ miracle “ flight, they set out to follow the cryptic clues and save the day.

Seems like the opportunities for a new story every episode are endless and after a marathon 29 episodes ( at 45 mins each ) I think it could run for a while yet. Season 3 started and another 4 episodes already available.

While some of the regular characters are more appealing than others the “ hook “ to keep you watching in hopes of finding out the truth about flight MA 828 is strong.

If you like your sci-fi more X-files than Star Wars then this is worth a watch IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

A gruesome western that for me was recently worth a re-watch.

Just watched this and liked it, as said a gruesome cowboy story with a twist ( reminded me a little of Cowboys and Aliens ).

Some black comedy in parts, Chicory talking about the flea circus ????.

Well worthy of a watch.

• Like 2

The program "Viewpoint" that Will27 posted on, is a good little police thriller, but now I see in the paper that they may cancel the very last episode that was to go out tonight- as the lead actor Noel Clarke has been accused of misconduct with the female actors. He vehemently denies the allegations, but Bafta has already cancelled his membership. (talk about pre judging ) Its a who done it murder, last episode we find out---gets beyond stupid doesn't it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9527815/Viewpoint-viewers-switch-light-Noel-Clarke-sexual-harassment-allegations.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The program "Viewpoint" that Will27 posted on, is a good little police thriller, but now I see in the paper that they may cancel the very last episode that was to go out tonight- as the lead actor Noel Clarke has been accused of misconduct with the female actors. He vehemently denies the allegations, but Bafta has already cancelled his membership. (talk about pre judging ) Its a who done it murder, last episode we find out---gets beyond stupid doesn't it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9527815/Viewpoint-viewers-switch-light-Noel-Clarke-sexual-harassment-allegations.html

I haven't watched any of it as the ratings were so poor.

Having said that, after reading that article, I doubt the last episode will be cancelled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Having said that, after reading that article, I doubt the last episode will be cancelled.

Its OK Will27 --its a slow burner, gets 5.9 on IMDB and I have certainly seen worse with much higher ratings.

There's some things that you think....Oh Yer, Like he is with the surveillance squad of the police. & I have never seen so many people in the UK leave their curtains open all night while he wanders around with his binoculars & camera. but I guess you can pick holes in most of the (fictional) police ones

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Its OK Will27 --its a slow burner, gets 5.9 on IMDB and I have certainly seen worse with much higher ratings.

There's some things that you think....Oh Yer, Like he is with the surveillance squad of the police. & I have never seen so many people in the UK leave their curtains open all night while he wanders around with his binoculars & camera. but I guess you can pick holes in most of the (fictional) police ones

Thanks mate.

I might give it a crack then.

Assuming they show the last episode that is????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Reminder: The Mosquito Coast starts today.

I watched the other Mosquito Coast movie with Harrison Ford the other day and didn't remember a thing about it, as I must have watched it before at some time, however I did enjoy it (again?).

• Like 1

Found this on PBS ''All creatures great and small'' season 1, 2020 - 6 episodes.

Enjoyed all the James Herriot books so looking forward to watching this, seems to have good reviews and a Season 2 is planned.

Edited by userabcd

I haven't seen this, and it has got bad reviews. But if you need some covid-inspired drama and are looking to fuel your fears and paranoia ...

Songbird

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/songbird_2020

In 2024, the SARS-CoV-2 virus has mutated and the world is in its fourth pandemic year. Infected Americans are taken from their homes and forced into quarantine camps called Q-Zones, where some fight back against the brutal restrictions.

Edited by covidiot

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

I watched the other Mosquito Coast movie with Harrison Ford the other day and didn't remember a thing about it, as I must have watched it before at some time, however I did enjoy it (again?).

Yer I have got the same affliction Xylophone = I make new friends every day---

I have a 2 terabyte  external drive, which I put somethings that I feel I might come back to and watch again--but there have been so much in the last few years, most that I get from here, that I have a problem keeping current, let alone going back.

Got it out last week and perused it, some stuff I couldn't remember.  but one that stood out was "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" -- Great novel, and TV version was true to it, Set (In an alternate history) during the time of  Napoleonic Wars that Britain was losing--so they decided to employ 2 magicians to help them--(create rain when Napoleon wanted to redeploy troops, storms when his ships were moving, move roads etc etc.  ) but Jealousy amongst them made one of them enlist the help of darker forces. ..So I am watching that once again.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2