What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

37 minutes ago, Nout said:

Still Narcos Mexico set. Problem is..trying to see the DEA as heroes and seeing the war against pot as anything to be proud of..

The "War on Drugs" has claimed more victims, ruined more families, caused more disruption, than anything I can possibly think of.

And this includes the World Wars, Stalin, Pol Pot, ...

Drugs have never been of higher quality, cheaper, and more available.

Thank you Richard Nixon - for the cartels, War on Minorities, and the Multi Billion dollar business you are responsible for establishing to fight this "War"

Be Proud oh "I am NOT a Crook"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackSinclair said:

Never heard of this before, so I  downloaded the first season on spec.

Watched the first three eps. last night and I'd immediately recommend  searching that the galaxy to find all 6 seasons

No gratuities necessary  thank you 

westside.jpg

Looks like TPB has all six series.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:10 PM, Backslider said:

watching the serpent on iplayer, not bad, a bit too much time shifting but interesting for the bangkok/thailand 1970s backdrop

I watched 1 episode, but was hopelessly lost when people were dead in one clip then alive in the next.

Which seemed to happen about 10x  in the one episode.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Genius Factory----CBC-TV--8 Jan 2021--Doco

Its 3 years old but they ran it again.  In 1980, Robert Graham, a 73-year-old eccentric millionaire, created a Nobel Prize-winning sperm bank. He was labelled a sexist, a racist, a white supremacist and a Nazi. Never the less, the "Genius Factory" ran for 20 years and produced over 200 children. Graham died before he got to see if the experiment worked. In this documentary, we track the children 30 years later, find out if they're geniuses, and answer the age-old question of nature vs nurture to determine if you're a product of your genes or environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London's Greatest Bridges--Part 1-- 06 January 2021---Channel 5---Doco

*Not everyone's taste*

London Bridge: The Bridge That Built Britain
In the first episode, Rob focuses on the original, and for 17 centuries the only bridge across the Thames, London Bridge. Rob explores the multiple versions of this bridge over the centuries and charts how each has shaped Britain's capital city, from the Romans who used it to control southern England, to the astonishing and raucous medieval bridge, designed by priests, inhabited by hundreds, and financed and managed by City merchants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One night in Miami---Amazon 15 Jan 2021

Being released next week --- Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Sam Cooke, and Jim Brown gathered discussing their roles in the civil rights movement and cultural upheaval of the 60s. Its a fictional account--inspired by the true events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Is there any way I can get a film I've downloaded to my Android to appear on a flatpanel screen currently  used for viewing Cable channels and Internet TV/Netflix?

Lots of ways but it depends on what inputs the Flatpanel has & (as it's internet enabled) whether it support "Casting"

Maybe easier if you listed the make/model of the Flatpanel   

Florida Man Murders

All 4 episodes are out there on RARBG.

Summary: This series zeroes in on America’s most notorious and outrageous killers from the Sunshine State.  Often referenced as “Florida Man” in headlines, these killers commit bizarre and outlandish crimes that captivate the nation and sometimes feel as though they’re straight out of a Hollywood movie. 

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer

Looking forward to this one.
Should be available tomorrow or Thursday.

Summary: The Hunt for a Serial Killer" tells the true story of how one of the most notorious serial killers in American history was hunted down and brought to justice.

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Florida Man Murders

All 4 episodes are out there on RARBG.

Summary: This series zeroes in on America’s most notorious and outrageous killers from the Sunshine State.  Often referenced as “Florida Man” in headlines, these killers commit bizarre and outlandish crimes that captivate the nation and sometimes feel as though they’re straight out of a Hollywood movie. 

Was the movie Pain and Gain with Mark Wahlberg based on this? Good movie.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Was the movie Pain and Gain with Mark Wahlberg based on this? Good movie.

Never heard of it.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just had a quick look and episode 1 was all about those bodybuilders.

The cops really dropped the ball on this one.

• Like 1

A couple of movies worth watching, though not in the "very good" category, more just good in my opinion, and they are: – "Run" and "Fatale" and the last one has Hilary Swank playing a detective, and playing the part very well, and it has some twists and turns in it, as does the other movie, so perhaps a couple to peruse when there's not much else about.

Oh, and nearly forgot I downloaded and watched a Denzil Washington movie from 2014, called, "The Equalizer" and it was very good to watch it again.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A couple of movies worth watching, though not in the "very good" category, more just good in my opinion, and they are: – "Run" and "Fatale" and the last one has Hilary Swank playing a detective, and playing the part very well, and it has some twists and turns in it, as does the other movie, so perhaps a couple to peruse when there's not much else about.

Oh, and nearly forgot I downloaded and watched a Denzil Washington movie from 2014, called, "The Equalizer" and it was very good to watch it again.

Fatale has to be one of the worst movies I've seen lately, the plot is ludicrous. Hilary Swank should be thoroughly ashamed of accepting this role.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Fatale has to be one of the worst movies I've seen lately, the plot is ludicrous. Hilary Swank should be thoroughly ashamed of accepting this role.

Well, we all have different tastes and I thought it was about average, and I have certainly seen a lot worse, one of which I posted about a while back, which was totally, unbelievably poor and absolute rubbish.

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

There is a sequal too .. equaliser 2, funnily enough. The wife is a bit of a Denzil fan.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

There is a sequal too .. equaliser 2, funnily enough. The wife is a bit of a Denzil fan.

I'm bit of a fan of 'The Denze' myself. I haven't seen all his movies but seen plenty and can't recall seeing a bad one.

Just watched 'The Inside Man' on Netflix. Very enjoyable.

• Like 2

I watched something last night on the BBC iPlayer which was truly amazing. Aretha Franklin made an an album in 1972 called 'Amazing Grace'  which became the biggest selling gospel  album all time. It was made and filmed live in a small Baptist church in L. A. and this was the first time it has been aired. It's a stunning performance and no, you do not have to be religious to appreciate it. I'm not.

Foot note: Spotted in the audience by me was Mick Jagger and Keith Richard.  

On 1/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, JimmyJ said:

Is there any way I can get a film I've downloaded to my Android to appear on a flatpanel screen currently  used for viewing Cable channels and Internet TV/Netflix?

Downloaded to your Android? What is that? A phone?

Can you not download it to a flash drive and play it directly from the TV? Easy enough to cast; but better to play direct from the TV..