What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Speaking of time travel, having twice finished Dark, I was looking around for some more SciFi and decided to give the series 12 Monkeys a try again. Pandemic story, too. What turned me off when I last tried the 1st episode is that the first season just ain't very good. Kept reading how it picks up later, so I suffered through the 1st season.

Into the 3rd it's not bad at all--for you SF fans.  James Callis, who played Gaius Baltar in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, even shows up. Now the 4th season's supposed to be the best. We'll see. Me, I don't find it good enough to sit and binge watch, but to watch while doing something else, namely exercising, it'll do nicely. 

Edited by BigStar

On 1/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, Daffy D said:

Came across this little gem from the old black and white days, well worth a look:-

The Killing (1956)

ACTION CRIME DRAMA THRILLER

The Killing was Stanley Kubrick’s first film with a professional cast and the first time he achieved public recognition as the unconventional director he’s now known for. The story is of ex-prisoners who plan to set up a racetrack so they can live a life without monetary worries. One of the more exceptional films of the 1950’s

Available with subs on:-   1337x

Gave it a watch last night. It all seems so incredibly corny now.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Nout said:

Still Narcos Mexico set. Problem is..trying to see the DEA as heroes and seeing the war against pot as anything to be proud of..

i agree narcos was great but I simply found myself not agreeing with the stupid war on pot

As I enjoyed Kubrick's The Winning so much it made me wonder what other Kubrick films I missed as Clockwork Orange might be my favorite movie ever. Turns out quite a few. BTW The Winning made honorable mention on this top ten list.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 6:28 PM, worgeordie said:

News of the World, no not the smutty defunct newspaper,

but a film with Tom Hanks.

regards worgeordie

Brilliant!  I have always said that Tom Hanks has never made a bad movie (except that trash where he was trying to sell software to the Saudis....so disappointing!).  Very much enjoyed it, thank you.

Thankfully I've escaped from the kitchen where I was eating with Mrs BM while she was watching a show called "Dress My Love". It manages to stand out from much of the other dross on Thai TV by being considerably worse than the rest.

Synopsis: Surreal camp, uber-kitsch dressing-up show.

.....but don't take my word for it, see for yourselves.

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Brilliant!  I have always said that Tom Hanks has never made a bad movie (except that trash where he was trying to sell software to the Saudis....so disappointing!).  Very much enjoyed it, thank you.

I actually enjoyed "a Hologram for the King", so I agree with your original take that Tom has never made a bad movie... 

Can somebody please point me to a bad movie that Denzil Washington has done as I've seen all of his movies that I know of & am yet to find a bad one...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Thankfully I've escaped from the kitchen where I was eating with Mrs BM while she was watching a show called "Dress My Love". It manages to stand out from much of the other dross on Thai TV by being considerably worse than the rest.

Synopsis: Surreal camp, uber-kitsch dressing-up show.

.....but don't take my word for it, see for yourselves.

Lucky you, for some reason mine has found Bridgerton

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8740790/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

And I'm struggling to get the TV remote back ????  

Edited by Mike Teavee
Major typos...
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Another good one to watch again on one of the newer large screen TVs. 

I usually enjoy WW2 based movies and take them with a grain of salt but this is one I wouldn't want to watch again.  The terrible planning and horrible waste of lives that occurred in the actual operation bothers me deeply and I can't look past it.

49 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can somebody please point me to a bad movie that Denzil Washington has done as I've seen all of his movies that I know of & am yet to find a bad one...

"John Q." gets only 23% on Rotten tomatoes.  Steller cast though.  Along with Denzel: James Woods, Robert Duval, directed by John Cassavetes.

• Like 1

Season 3 of Australian drama series "Harrow" is scheduled to start next week.

Synopsis:

"Forensic pathologist Dr. Daniel Harrow is able to solve cases that others can't, but he does it with a total disregard for authority. Part of that is due to the fact that he has an unfailing empathy for the dead, and it is those feelings he has for the deceased that leads him to bend every rule in order to get to the truth about what happened to the victims. No matter how bizarre the case, Dr. Harrow is determined to give victims a voice from the afterlife. While Harrow is working on his cases, though, a secret from his past threatens him, his family and his career."

IMDb rating 7.6

Trailer:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4371100832918110

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back s02, as discussed earlier, really doesn't seem as good as s01. Some of the jokes are very funny, but most aren't.

However, the introduction of 'Charismatic Mike',  in s02e02, played by Anthony Head, was interesting, funny also. He somewhat reminded me of the fantasists here on tvf......555!

*Unable to post emojis*

Don't recall a mention of Snowpiercer season 2 which started this week, apologies in advance if I missed it.

Some may say post-apocolypse to be rather topical. Based on the 2013 film of the same name.

"Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, this series centres on the remaining people, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe."

• Like 1