Bangkok imposes lockdown restrictions to contain COVID-19

Jonathan Fairfield

Mainly all caused by Government employees not doing their tasks correctly ie, Marine Dept, Immigration, Border Control etc, Corruption ruled the show.

No mention of stopping inter provincial travel nor internal airlines. I would have thought that they would have been

great ways to ensure the virus is spread country wide

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Didn't see parks listed. I usually go cycling at the Railway Park at weekends. Hope it is open.

Just saw that parks are listed. There goes the belly fat.

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

but Prayut just said that was no need to lock down.... liar liar burn on fire

Thai PM assures no national lockdown despite a surge in COVID-19 cases

Understand if you can, things have changed . What he said then doesn't apply in the present situations.

In the past few month's the cases of CV have doubled and  deaths have doubled. Understand

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

here we go for another round, that's a start, wait until next week when the travelers return home and more cases will be showing up and more restrictions will be reinstated

And still people arriving in places like koh chang every weekend from BKK. thanks a lot.

Why are we waiting with vaccinations? Why Thai government has not approved any of the vaccines and start setting up vaccination posts all over the country? 

The sooner you vaccinate people the sooner you can open the borderes for tourists.

What am I missing here?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Bull fighting rings, where in bkk?

May well be, but none actually listed. For reference (Thailand Discovery 2016):-

Thai Culture Bullfighting

Thai Culture Bullfighting, Bull Fighting is not something you may have associated with Thailand but it is a very popular event in the Southern provinces, the largest events are held over the traditional public holidays of New Year and Songkran and are staged in both purpose built stadiums  or simply on cleared open farm land. This bloodless past time has spread over eons to provinces in the north such as Kamphaeng Phet, Sukhothai and Phitsanulok.

Bullfighting Festival In THAILAND, Nakornsrithammarat Province Stock Photo,  Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 27343966.

Edited by Burma Bill

18 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

2M doses (by april!) is not going to immunize 70M

And don't forget that everyone needs a booster so they need 140 million. But don't worry, 2 million will arrive within the next couple of months so all is fine. That'll cover the uber-rich.

I hope it does not take off as in London and regions where the latest variant of the virus is now rampant. Everything bar shops have closed, hospitals are at breaking points and UK deaths are at over 900 a day. Do Thai local hospitals have the facilities to handle this crisis whereby ventilators and oxygen support is vital as this disease hits the lungs with such  a ferocity after a week or so of infection for some. Keep away from indoor events, crowds, busy shops. Meet  people outside. Always wear a mask. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Won't take long for all provincial governors to try & outdo each other.

That's the point of government at all levels to save their citizens lives:  in so called developed countries like UK, US and Europe 1000's of people died yesterday , the day before , the day before that . 

I think you lot are not giving this government the credit they deserve, you will have seen last week they are looking at spaceships and the like, they are getting themselves ready for a " beam me up scotty moment"

My wife the owner of a couple of business's in Bangers is not best pleased, happy to confirm but im getting bad vibes, i have a feeling if she gets to hear of another Army organised boxing jolly during this lockdown the fuss the students mad will be nothing to the wrath of my Mrs tongue, 

To who it may concern  you have been warned.

• Haha 2

Ooooh, this is going to get tasty very shortly...... I wonder when they'll round up all the "Dirty Farangs" and deport them ?      The lads in charge must think it's Christmas, all their wishes are coming true......They can now go full on Xenophobic despot with the cover of "Protecting the people".........    Bingo !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1