Bangkok imposes lockdown restrictions to contain COVID-19

Jonathan Fairfield

32 minutes ago, Almer said:

I think you lot are not giving this government the credit they deserve, you will have seen last week they are looking at spaceships and the like, they are getting themselves ready for a " beam me up scotty moment"

Self isolation for the good of the people...........  In Bermuda ...... 

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

2 dead maybe from corvid 19 and 186 die on roads in 3 days but no problem with that

Ahh but they think they have a fighting chance of suppressing COVID with a lockdown, and they are probably right.  Whereas they know full well they have close to zero capability to enforce road safety laws....

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Ooooh, this is going to get tasty very shortly...... I wonder when they'll round up all the "Dirty Farangs" and deport them ?      

It's almost 10 months since Anutin made that comment.  When do you plan on getting over it?  

Can't belief the TVF brigade can cling on to something for so long.  Zzzzzzzzzz,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homeseeker said:

Can anyone confirm if Fitness First gyms are open?

And is Lumpini Park..open or not?

Thank u.

According to the Emergency Announcements all gyms, outdoor exercise spaces, and parks are to be closed "until further notice"

13 hours ago, Sean60 said:

Why are we waiting with vaccinations? Why Thai government has not approved any of the vaccines and start setting up vaccination posts all over the country? 

The sooner you vaccinate people the sooner you can open the borderes for tourists.

What am I missing here?

Testing not important , Vaccine not important , Thai people are clean and special , have sunshine , no problem !!!

On 1/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, Mavideol said:

here we go for another round, that's a start, wait until next week when the travelers return home and more cases will be showing up and more restrictions will be reinstated

What do you expect . What's your suggestion as to what should be done.  .speak up man.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It's almost 10 months since Anutin made that comment.  When do you plan on getting over it?  

Can't belief the TVF brigade can cling on to something for so long.  Zzzzzzzzzz,

It was an incredibly crass statement , should it just be forgotten? In any democratic nation he would have been kicked out of office and rightly so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Percy P said:

What do you expect . What's your suggestion as to what should be done.  .speak up man.

Lockdowns are inevitable until mass vaccinations are implemented , unfortunately Thailand has got way behind the curve ball in this respect.

I really dont know what the government thinking was , they seemed to imagine they could shut the virus out.

Many of us have been soundly denounced as ' Thai bashers ' for suggesting that doing fine in the early battles does not constitute winning the war against Covid.

What is peaking in Europe now is just starting in Thailand and no way on earth are they prepared , God help all my good friends in the nation.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:36 PM, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Children’s playgrounds

Will they close down the  government building and the parliament? 

Why is immigration still requiring us to report in person to do TM47 when the online system doesn't work? It's to late for me to do mail-in and I don't trust Thailand post as I have had issues with them in the past ????

On 1/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, bristolgeoff said:

cock fighting rings heard of them muay thai  as well.never bull fighting rings where in bkk.when will they spread the lockdown further,i know cnx is still ok

Is "cock fighting" two naked Muay Thai boxers battling it out with their tiny swords? ????

22 hours ago, Percy P said:

Bangkok lockdown. The situations have changed dramatically since then and there's need for a change and the PM has taken it. Very good.

Have a look at UK lockdown.com 

Despite all the boasting Thailand has been utterly deficient in testing , vaccine preperation and in supporting individuals and small businesses decimated by the pandemic.

Lets see where the UK and Thailand stand in 6 months time !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Despite all the boasting Thailand has been utterly deficient in testing , vaccine preperation and in supporting individuals and small businesses decimated by the pandemic.

Lets see where the UK and Thailand stand in 6 months time !

Oh yeah, because the UK is a shining example!  Jeeez.

Please, watch this and then come back and tell me how the UK is doing.  This exposes the incompetence and rampant and blatant corruption involved in the UK's Covid fight - it is utterly disgraceful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJJECq7H6YN/?igshid=b1yp6melrv88&fbclid=IwAR3U5neYaaYblTV77iz8eAMnI_2Y3j49Cnl9JuyeD8qE_dkoyuIk49YAjmE

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

It was an incredibly crass statement , should it just be forgotten? In any democratic nation he would have been kicked out of office and rightly so.

Yes, it was crass.  Yes, he is immensely dislikable.  But come on, ten months ago!  Why do people have to bang on about it in nearly every single thread, it is very tiresome now.

And you don't live in the real world if you think "in any democratic nation" he would have been kicked out.  You need to get real.  They are all just as bad as each other.  Look at some of the vile stuff that Jacob Rees-Mogg has come out with: after Grenfell is a good example.  Also his comments supporting a right wing racist German party.  And plenty of others.

Boris Johnson has come out with some appalling stuff; referring to gays as "tank topped bum boys", black people "piccaninnies with watermelon smiles", Muslim women "letterboxes" and "bank robbers".  And he's our PM!

Tons more offensive stuff from many of our esteemed democratically elected MPs in the UK.  And don't forget the US has a president who is incredibly offensive, racist, homophobic and sexist.  

None of them have been kicked out because of it.  The West is not a utopia.

And once again, it was one comment made ten months ago.  Get over it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just my personal observation but I think Thailand has handled Covid-19 during most of 2020 better than almost any other country in the world! 

Granted, it was at the price of the economic health of many Thai people unfortunately, but until the recent events during the past couple of weeks, Thailand has been a very safe place to be living, compared with almost any other country in the world.

Unfortunately, I think this fact lulled a lot of people into letting their guard down (both Thai government officials and the public at large), and so here we go again...back to square one!

Hopefully though, we will be able to end the present lockdowns far more quickly based on the demonstrated fast and decisive action of the authorities and (hopefully) a renewed vigilance of a much better-informed public.

Personally, I'm optimistic that 2021 will be a much better year than 2020 ????

I agree with you.  Thailand has handled it better than most and we have been far safer here than most other countires around the world.  Just that fact alone really really winds up the bashers and they hate it - they just can't bring themselves to admit that Thailand has done an ok job.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I agree with you.  Thailand has handled it better than most and we have been far safer here than most other countires around the world.  Just that fact alone really really winds up the bashers and they hate it - they just can't bring themselves to admit that Thailand has done an ok job.

LOL...well, what would you expect on TVF?  I mean, TVF is a wonderful place for sharing ideas and and staying well informed as a Farang, but there are many members here who only live to bash from the comfort and anonymity of their online presence.  How sad it is to be in such an amazing place as Thailand is, and be totally consumed with hate and nastiness.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I generally agree with your above comment except for one exception...

You can't judge someone's performance halfway thru the race... It's where they are when the race is done at the finish line that ultimately counts...

And it would appear, Thailand's nowhere near the finish line as yet.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You can't judge someone's performance halfway thru the race... It's where they are when the race is done at the finish line that ultimately counts...

Well that's certainly true..."it ain't over until the fat lady sings" but the attitude and the actions of the present dictate what the outcome will be in the future. 

Thai authorities and the public have had their fair share of mis-steps with Covid during the last year, but when judged against those of other countries, the Thai authorities and the public including all of us Farangs have a lot to be proud about in how we've all dealt with this whole mess. 

At least that's how I see it ????

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, that is true, but I can only judge based on where we are now, and up to now they have done a decent job.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, sitti said:

It's will get a lot worse next week all over the world, especially in the west after new year. I know many people partied like crazy????

Monday open will be another easy money day for me????

Monday will open green. You bears never learn. I’m up 700% on total networth this year because I understand that we’re in the middle of a massive melt up that will continue until 2029 $ARKK, $ARKG, $ARKW, $TAN, $ICLN, $BTC, $ETH. All time highs across the board all month long. Buy the dip. You’re welcome. It’s not too late for you! Bitcoin still heading to $500k. Ethereum $20k. Nasdaq 22k.

Edited by Pracha Duang