Australia changes National Anthem wording to reflect Indigenous history

rooster59

13 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Native  :jap:       

A person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.

Thanks,for a minute there I was sure he meant bogan!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

I've never heard anyone anywhere being called a "potato face". As for the pom "insult", perhaps it's now because the British are still stuck in that wasteland called Britain and the Australians are now "free". (They aren't of course, but if it triggers you, then job done ????).

As for the whole indigenous thing... I can't see the point. My kids were shocked at my position on this until I explained it to them. If I were an aboriginal and the only betterment for my people was this name change and some sort of "acknowledgement" of my people being around before the poms turned up before sporting events etc - I'd be furious. they need real help and real change - not platitudes. Perhaps it will lead to more for them in the future.

You having a laugh . You obviously never been here. Tonnes of Aussies here. Never heard one call it a wasteland .... they love it.   And not triggered.....????

Edited by goldenbrwn1

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

I'm English, lived in the bush and visited all capitals and States across Australia  during different periods over sixty years. Never heard the expression ' potato face'

Getting back on topic, well overdue for the first peoples to be recognised in the Oz Constitution

You probably never heard the term pomegranate face used but it is thought to be the origin of the term POM. The term is an outdated cliche and generally used by tedious bores who don't know any foreigners.

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

What were your mob doing 40,000 yrs back ? Don,t know of many complex social institutions around that era,perhaps you do?

Nobody's "mob" wwas doing much of anything 40,000 years ago. That is sort of the point. Even the earliest cave paintings do not date much beyond 40,000 years ago. Sober up.

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Errrrrrrmmmmm , are you trying to get banned as well ?

No I'm an Aussie wankler. I'm a Falang in Thailand, Bulay in Indonesia, Balinda in remote Arnhem Land and Pomms is me mates.

I don't take these personal pronouns too seriously. ????

• Like 1