Current Chiang Mai Airport Requirements for Domestic Arrivals

jeffandgop

I have to fly to Bangkok on Monday morning, returning the same day in the evening.

Bangkok is one of the government declared "maximum control zones".

Does any know- or can point me to the most up-to-date resource- what I can expect upon my return to the CM airport Monday evening?  I have heard news of possibly must be tested and and/or enter into a self-imposed 14-day quarantine.

???

• Like 1

As of Dec 27:

Health authorities have required people who have been to the epicentre of the latest outbreak of Covid-19 in Samut Sakhon to be traceable when they enter Chiang Mai.

People suspected of being infected with Covid-19 and those who visited the central shrimp market in Samut Sakhon, where the outbreak was first detected, must check in on the CM-Chana tracing application when they arrive, said Dr Kittipan Chalom, assistant to Chiang Mai public health office chief.

In addition to the app check-in requirement, arrivals also need to report to public health officers, undergo the RT-PCR coronavirus test and be confined to a designated quarantine facility for 14 days.

Dr Kittipan said people entering Chiang Mai who came from other parts of Samut Sakhon also must check in on the CM-Chana app.

However, they are not subject to the compulsory RT-PCR testing.

They are urged to self-monitor their health conditions.

Those who visit Chiang Mai from other provinces will need to perform the CM-Chana app check-in and keep watch of their health, he added.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I have to fly to Bangkok on Monday morning, returning the same day in the evening.

I would try and find out if the specific area(s) of Bangkok you may visit could have any bearing on what may happen on your return. If travel is unavoidable, cannot be rescheduled, I might go to the CM Airport soon and try to discuss the matter with whoever is i n charge of health security. 

Of course, given TIT, where the facts on the ground are goalposts that move with every play  of the game ... 

I would expect to see more restrictions announced soon,  here, and elsewhere,

best wishes, ~0:37;

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

It is a <deleted> shoot.  What the rules will be on Monday nobody knows now.  Also the rules when you depart may change before you return.  You really need to be ready to change your plans and for somebody else to do it without your consent.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, ThaiPauly said:

I am currently hospitalised in Bangkok and don't know when I will be discharged

I am very concerned that if I can get home I would have to go into self isolation,

If I had to, does anyone know if I can do it in my own home?

Hope you feel better, and, get back soon, soon; I know one local farang (married to a Thai, with children) who was able to quarantine at home, but, his wife had to come down and intervene to stop them from sending him to a hotel. This was months ago.

~:o37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Thanks 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, ThaiPauly said:

I am currently hospitalised in Bangkok and don't know when I will be discharged

I am very concerned that if I can get home I would have to go into self isolation,

If I had to, does anyone know if I can do it in my own home?

I returned from Prachuap Khiri Khan last May and had to do 14 days self isolation in my own home but it was loose. I asked at the municipal office if I was free to attend to necessary matters, principally banking and shopping, and was told to take care of business and return home soonest. Was also told that medical staff would visit every 3-4 days to check on me but never saw a soul in the 14 days and I live literally 300mts from the municipal office. 

Rules may be different today but that was then.

Good luck.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

I returned from Prachuap Khiri Khan last May and had to do 14 days self isolation in my own home but it was loose. I asked at the municipal office if I was free to attend to necessary matters, principally banking and shopping, and was told to take care of business and return home soonest. Was also told that medical staff would visit every 3-4 days to check on me but never saw a soul in the 14 days and I live literally 300mts from the municipal office. 

Rules may be different today but that was then.

Good luck.

Right now I have no idea when I will get home as I am stuck in hospital.

By the time I get well the whole world could have changed????

• Like 1

Does anyone know whether we have the opportunity to travel after ASQ immediately from the ASQ to Chiang Mai without doing quarantine there again?

I am due to arrive in March and complete my ASQ mid/end March. Assuming the rules as they are now, I expect, even if take a taxi right from the ASQ to the airport, coming from the Bangkok high-risk area, I have to quarantine in Chiang Mai again.

Surely I am not the only one in that situation. I am sure there are other people doing ASQ now with these new rules who need to get back somewhere to other provinces.

9 hours ago, cerox said:

Does anyone know whether we have the opportunity to travel after ASQ immediately from the ASQ to Chiang Mai without doing quarantine there again?

I am due to arrive in March and complete my ASQ mid/end March. Assuming the rules as they are now, I expect, even if take a taxi right from the ASQ to the airport, coming from the Bangkok high-risk area, I have to quarantine in Chiang Mai again.

Surely I am not the only one in that situation. I am sure there are other people doing ASQ now with these new rules who need to get back somewhere to other provinces.

I'm concerned about this too. I have an ASQ booking in Chonburi in early February, then would plan to fly from BKK to Chiang Mai. I'm wondering:

1) Will I be allowed to travel from BKK to Chonburi for ASQ, then back after ASQ complete? If extra documents are required to travel across provincial lines, do I or the ASQ hotel need to prepare that?

2) Will I be allowed to travel from BKK to Chiang Mai in mid-February?

Good to see I am not the only one.

In the worst case I would (hotels in Bangkok are still open for normal stays)? have to stay in BKK until travel is possible again.

So far there seems to be no process, I would be fine for any kind of staff to accompany me from the ASQ to the gate heading for CNX for a fee, so they make sure I do not come from "infected Bangkok".

For what it is worth --- I personally know of a married couple (both farang) who arrived in Chiang Mai just a couple of days ago after completing their 14-day quarantine in Bangkok.  Upon arriving CNX, they were told empahtically that they then must self-quarantine in their condo for an additional 14-days.  Guessing --- that it must be due to having been "out in the open" as they went from their Bangkok quarantine to the boarding of the flight to Chiang Mai.  I do not think they were aware of the need for their "extra" quarantine until arrival at CNX. 

• Like 1

I'm out of hospital now and staying with my son in Bangkok until I have seen the doctors here again next week who will hopefully give me the green light to return home.

Do I need a letter from the hospital to say I was in? The thing is, nobody asked me when I went down where I was going so nobody knows how long I have been here;

I don't know what I can show them to prove I have been nowhere near the infected areas, in fact I have not even used  a taxi in an effort to stay ultra safe.

If anyone is aware of anything that will help I would be grateful.i don't have any problem with doing 14:days home quarantine if that is necessary.

Should I download the tracing app in advance, if so does anyone have the details of it?

I know that things change every day and that things may well be different in a week's time when I get back 

45 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Do I need a letter from the hospital to say I was in?

Don't you have a bill from the hospital showing you were there and the dates?

46 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

nobody knows how long I have been here;

Don't you have a receipt for an airline or bus ticket?  Receipts from gas stations along the way?

48 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I don't know what I can show them to prove I have been nowhere near the infected areas

Isn't that what the tracking app would have done for you?  Without it you simply can not prove where you have been unless your security team will provide 24/7 documentation.