Bangkok orders closure of 25 types of venues to curb Covid-19 outbreak

rooster59

Bangkok orders closure of 25 types of venues to curb Covid-19 outbreak

By THE NATION

800_33cc076219bc7b4.jpg

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang on Friday evening ordered the temporary closure of 25 types of venues in the province to contain the Covid-19 outbreak.

The order, which was approved by the provincial communicable disease prevention committee, takes effect on Saturday until further notice, except for educational institutions, which were ordered to close until January 17.

The 25 places are:

1. Entertainment venues such as pubs, bars

2. Theme parks, water parks

3. Children’s playgrounds

4. Snooker halls

5. Game kiosks

6. Internet cafes

7. Cockfighting rings

8. Nurseries and nursing homes for elders

9. Boxing rings

10. Martial art schools

11. Horse racetracks

12. Public shower rooms

13. Massage parlours

14. All types of sport stadiums

15. Banquet rooms

16. Bullfighting and fish fighting rings

17. Amulet centres

18. Pre-school children development centres

19. Beauty parlours and tattoo shops

20. Fitness centres

21. Boxing gyms

22. Spa, traditional Thai massage centres

23. Bowling lanes, skating and rollerblade rinks

24. Dancing schools

25. Tutorial centres and all types of educational institutions

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration also urged people to wear face masks when leaving their residence and check in and out of places they visit using the government’s tracing platform.

Related Story: 3 Bangkok districts under maximum controls, closure of schools extended

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400580?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-02

23 minutes ago, Boedog said:

Bullfighting and fish fighting rings, how many imbeciles can you fit in one Government,  how many are there in The thai Government and that's your answer, Thailand got lucky first time around through good luck rather than good management now they will pay for there Stupidity well done to the brains trust

I don't know about fish fighting, but bull fighting is very popular in the south of Thailand.  It us not "man against bull" as in Spain, Mexico, etc. , its actually two bulls fighting each other!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boedog said:

Bullfighting and fish fighting rings, how many imbeciles can you fit in one Government,  how many are there in The thai Government and that's your answer, Thailand got lucky first time around through good luck rather than good management now they will pay for there Stupidity well done to the brains trust

Steady on. You seem to be clutching to straws to criticise here.  Come to the UK and you will see that for a country of the same population as Thailand there have been a factor of 1,000 more deaths and cases and the UK economy is wrecked.  Thailand’s 1,000 times better performance was NOT a matter of luck as you profess.

So you should count Thailand lucky they had the government you call imbeciles. I wish we had had some of them here in London!!!

• Like 1

Be grateful in Thailand for a government that has so far protected very well the health of the people, enabling at least the internal economy to survive reasonable.

Here in UK, with same population as Thailand, wee have 70,000 deaths compared to Thailand’s figure about 1,000 times

lower.

Back here in UK - our clown government is making an even worse job of ramping up vaccination as they did with testing.
Promised 30 million doses of the Oxford vaccine by October.  Delivered so far - only 500,000. Now promising 2 million a week by mid January. So 6 months late with the 30 million.

There is continuous and total incompetence among the ministers and I have to include Matt Hancock in that now as well even though he is one of the more honest and less incompetent.  They and their civil servants and scientist advisors are not getting a grip on the basic logistics.

Now we hear that although there are three manufacturing plants (2 in UK and 1 in NL) All of these deliver in bulk to one Indian-owned vaccine bottling plant that decants bulk into the individual dozes. (Who owns it is irrelevant really - some press here like to characterise that way - the point is it’s a basic national resource and has been left wanting by

government.)

They simply don’t have the slightest clue how to manage anything.

So in my view expats in Thailand ought to count themselves VERY fortunate and instead of bad-mouthing from their sofas what has actually protected them, get out and do a bit of volunteering to help those

less fortunate in society there. 

Edited by PeeJayEm
Spelling and omission

1 hour ago, PeeJayEm said:

Be grateful in Thailand for a government that has so far protected very well the health of the people, enabling at least the internal economy to survive reasonable.

Here in UK, with same population as Thailand, wee have 70,000 deaths compared to Thailand’s figure about 1,000 times

lower.

You may want to examine the fact that the UK government actually tested people, including (controversially) people who clearly died from other causes.  Thailand testing only kicked into gear recently due to public pressure from the reports of illegal migrants who came up sick.  We'll never know the real Covid figures in Thailand. 

Or, for that matter, anywhere in the world- given the discrepancies in what the various locations classify as a Covid death.

• Like 1

I dream of a Thai style lockdown compared to the madness we have here in the UK.

The bottom line seems to be lockdowns do not work.  This virus is doing what they all do - they mutate. I have just read that there is a new mutation in California now. The first (version 2) reported mutation was the UK, then South Africa, Italy and Japan. Now we are at number 3.

My own theory on this virus being so readily spread now is that the old culprit - Birds - are carrying it around as well as humans. It just needs a carrier to cough on a pavement and some pigeons / starlings to walk/fly into the particles and carry them off. 

Hong Kong flu in 1968 killed millions. No lockdown anywhere and it started in pigs and birds. I also never see any mention of that pandemic in MSM? 

5 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

I dream of a Thai style lockdown compared to the madness we have here in the UK.

The bottom line seems to be lockdowns do not work.  This virus is doing what they all do - they mutate. I have just read that there is a new mutation in California now. The first (version 2) reported mutation was the UK, then South Africa, Italy and Japan. Now we are at number 3.

My own theory on this virus being so readily spread now is that the old culprit - Birds - are carrying it around as well as humans. It just needs a carrier to cough on a pavement and some pigeons / starlings to walk/fly into the particles and carry them off. 

Hong Kong flu in 1968 killed millions. No lockdown anywhere and it started in pigs and birds. I also never see any mention of that pandemic in MSM? 

Your theory, based on your own vast knowledge of virology, epidemiology and medicine, grounded in a thorough education in  basic science, is about as worthless as anything on earth can get.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

Steady on. You seem to be clutching to straws to criticise here.  Come to the UK and you will see that for a country of the same population as Thailand there have been a factor of 1,000 more deaths and cases and the UK economy is wrecked.  Thailand’s 1,000 times better performance was NOT a matter of luck as you profess.

So you should count Thailand lucky they had the government you call imbeciles. I wish we had had some of them here in London!!!

You mean you would like someone with the mentality of Thailands unelected "PM" and MPs with a Military Academy education running the UK? Their pockets would be filled much much more through corruption etc than Boris's lot, they would be lucky to last the week when the UK people who have a far higher mentality than the Thais, sussed them out.

• Like 1

I hope the Senior homes in Thailand are a lot more disease free than the ones in Eastern Canada

some of them have over 50 percent infections among the seniors, and even the staff have

lots of infections. It seems like the Canadian military have to go back to helping staff

some of them.  If Thailand still has restaurants open to dine in, feel very lucky.  I think they should

only be allowed to be available to hotel guests and the rest have to do take out only.

Of course that may happen soon enough.

Geezer

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 2:29 PM, impulse said:

You may want to examine the fact that the UK government actually tested people, including (controversially) people who clearly died from other causes.  Thailand testing only kicked into gear recently due to public pressure from the reports of illegal migrants who came up sick.  We'll never know the real Covid figures in Thailand. 

Or, for that matter, anywhere in the world- given the discrepancies in what the various locations classify as a Covid death.

The difference between UK and Thailand’s numbers is three orders of magnitude  - not just a factor. If Thailand had anything approximating to a fraction of the UK their hospitals would be overflowing or people would be dying in droves in the community. And they are not.

The basic strategy was different - Thailand in common with Australia and others shut their borders to keep the infection out.  The UK - especially as an island - could have done the same but chose to do nothing and had no clue what the level of infection was until basket cases started  arriving at hospitals.  The so-called government scientists here we’re actually initially telling us that the end solution was natural herd immunity and so no point to close borders as it’ll spread anyway.  The Thai government got it right. The UK government was negligent.

Edited by PeeJayEm