Lazy Farang Closed ?

Maybole

11 minutes ago, Maybole said:

Wife insists that the Lazy Farang in Ton Kwain near the Samoeng junction of the Outer Ring road and Canal road is closed due to a Covid 19 contact. However she has said things like this before when she wants me to stay at home.

I cannot get an answer on the telephone, can anybody confirm or deny this ?

I'd suggest not getting an answer on the phone is a bit of a clue. Most businesses I know keep their phones open for potential customers.

If your wife wants you to stay home, perhaps she has some other activity in mind.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maybole said:

is closed due to a Covid 19 contact

Sounds like the revamped version of the "temple is closed" scam....fill in the blank on what is "closed"

Sorry Mista, you Hotel no open, I take you better one.....just have to make a stop at my friends gem shop first!

As per your trying to get info, thats what a Wingman is for, aka a friend to the end.....and no one answering the phone should tell you why the place is aptly named "Lazy Farang"   ????  Lazy Indeed!

For goodness sake conspiracy theorists ( aplenty on T.Visa!), Lazy Farang is closed for its post new year staff holiday.

They were open New Years Eve then close for a couple of days from 1st. January.

Same every year.

And no, to that person, they are not "lazy" at lazy farang. Martin and his wife run an excellent well organised bar with good food.

Suggest Mr Moderator you can close now, nothing here to talk about!

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest not getting an answer on the phone is a bit of a clue. Most businesses I know keep their phones open for potential customers.

If your wife wants you to stay home, perhaps she has some other activity in mind.

Do landlines still exist in Thailand ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do landlines still exist in Thailand ?

I think I have seen the occasional landline handset in a booth or shop, but in line with most countries most people use mobile phones, or cells as some countries call them. The term " phone " is now generic, to cover both types.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think I have seen the occasional landline handset in a booth or shop, but in line with most countries most people use mobile phones, or cells as some countries call them. The term " phone " is now generic, to cover both types.

Yes, my point was that if they have a mobile phone , they would still be able to answer the phone, even if the shop is closed .

Not picking up the phone wouldnt necessarily mean they were closed 

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, my point was that if they have a mobile phone , they would still be able to answer the phone, even if the shop is closed .

Not picking up the phone wouldnt necessarily mean they were closed 

Point taken.