Thailand’s Ministry of Education confirms closure of schools in 28 provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, fideliolux said:

Ok, but they are not capable if doing good copies, China locked down Wuhan completely for 11 weeks and it worked. Here only the poor Myanmar people are locked in with barbed wires around their camps.

The divine people can travel around without restrictions because they are protected by Buddha.

The funny thing is it only works for Covid, but not for road casualties and suicides. Here the divine people are not protected!

You haven't seen nothing yet newbie. Wait for the lockdown. It's coming. 

I have not seen any reports about the number of students (under that age of 18), that have tested positive for Covid-19.  But, maybe they are thought to be asymptomatic carriers or the disease.  If it is believed that there are many asymptomatic carries, then wide spread testing is needed.  

The only reason I can think of for locking down schools is if there is any evidence to in the the student population. I think the government should 1st focus on locking down the borders - oops - they say it has been locked down for a long time already.

Has anybody heard any report where a school was thought to have spread the virus?

Unless you shut down the shopping malls, or back to only 1 person to a table, then the school lockdown will likely see more students in shopping centers and sharing tables without masks.  At least at school, hopefully school teachers will enforce the use of asks and social distancing at lunch time.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

What universities and what courses? Many students get accepted prior to finishing high school, especially if said courses do not require government exams like O-Net.many international programs require SAT and/or IELTS scores. No Thai scores needed. 

Why do you ask a difficult question? I am told very little of what happens with her but at one stage she was looking at teaching or law (I did laugh to myself). Sorry I cannot be more helpful but it is interesting that they can be accepted prior to finishing school. Thailand certainly has its own way of doing things.

Condo pool was full of kids today as schools have been closed here in Bangkok.  Condo management was not to happy as to the number and posted a message to all units indicating social distancing is mandatory and there will be only so many allowed in the pool at a time.  If the rules are not followed they will close the pool.  Gym has already been closed.  Kids can not go play at Lumpini as the kids park is cordoned off again.  This will get interesting.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, tandor said:

..i wonder how the schools are going to control safe distancing when the kids arrive in say a neighbours car or a chartered mini bus that picks them up at their respective homes and packs them in..no 1m distancing on these buses nor family cars..so they effectively some could be positive or a symptomatic although under 12 they're not tested and below 18 they dont qualify to be vaccinated, as no child vaccine has been made yet!

So they arrive at school and get out of their vehicles where, one could wager they have been in close contact for more than 15 minutes, they then split so they're 1m apart and go to their respective classes where the spacing is observed..when the bell goes they're one big group shouting, sneezing, coughing, pumping out expelled air in the direction of others.

Good luck children.

You forgot to mention the toilets/ bathrooms. Dirty toilets, often used by thousands of students, NO soap available, even at the better schools.

The water buckets with the Thai flush system in these toilets must be well-liked by viruses, bacteria, or other excremental issues. 

The canteens of big schools where thousands of students eat must also be a dangerous places to be. 

And classrooms with 55 students can't be good. I'm afraid that's just the beginning. 

On 1/4/2021 at 2:28 AM, DavisH said:

Are you a teacher? If not, then how do you know what goes on in classrooms here? That may be when some of my students fo to the US on exchange, they said how easy the classes were (and they are; as I've seen what they were learning)...hmmm.. but it looks like many picked up a lousy US attitude. 

Oh shut up you jumped up little S__T! And i'm from UK