Easiest plants with flowers ? Nicest Plants with flowers ? Which plants do you recommend to have flowers most of the year ?

hello,

I am wondering which plants in pots will give nice flowers ?

I often see in gardens a very nice plant with yellow flower that seems to grow easily (my dog has been watering one for months and it still grows very well), do you know what it is ?

What else do you recommend please ?

Thank you so much.

10 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Sounds like Allamanda.

ala.jpg

So that's what they are called!

My neighbour's wall has the same:

1278679074_Flowers800.jpg.a617302ef4fcf15915aeebb338af9d27.jpg

But the yellow ones don't have much of a smell. I'm sure he has others that are more red and that do have a nice fragrance. But that part of the wall currently has no flowers.

You could always get some bougainvillea (with or without cat):

687946041_Bougieandcat3.jpg.57ae4ee66dc9603a236d2dd3feccbf00.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I think just as important as a prodigious flowers, you first need to tell us if these pot plants are going to be in shade, or full-sun. Depending on the answer, plant names can be then recommended.

half day sun, maybe from morning to 3pm around.

thank you so much for your recommendations ❤️

7 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Allamanda would be OK. Also, a variety of Ixora (there are hundreds) would thrive.

Type Ixora into Google Images. You'll recognize the flower as it too, is very common.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

So that's what they are called!

My neighbour's wall has the same:

1278679074_Flowers800.jpg.a617302ef4fcf15915aeebb338af9d27.jpg

But the yellow ones don't have much of a smell. I'm sure he has others that are more red and that do have a nice fragrance. But that part of the wall currently has no flowers.

You could always get some bougainvillea (with or without cat):

687946041_Bougieandcat3.jpg.57ae4ee66dc9603a236d2dd3feccbf00.jpg

These are good choices and beautiful plants, but be aware sweeping floors all year around

• Like 1

19 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Try crown of thorns cactus plant flowers all year round, very rezilliant plant that looks great and easy to look after  

LOGS (6).jpg

13 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:

Try crown of thorns cactus plant flowers all year round, very rezilliant plant that looks great and easy to look after  

LOGS (6).jpg

Yes, good choice. I have several varieties with different colours.

Very common in Thai homes as it's believed that this plant brings "good luck".

For flowering pot plants maybe Marigold or Cosmos. Are you located in Bangkok? I recommend Chatuchak plant market.

Common flowering plants might cost you around 20 Baht per pot. You can try out your luck and the plant habitat.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:51 PM, bprinceuk said:

Flowers and foliage

Apologies for just posting a google search  result but there are too many and I am lazy to write all down. Some I also don't know the proper name. Best you remember or take a screenshot of the ones you like and have a look at the plant market in your area.

Many of those plants in the search results are easily available in Thailand and not expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=potted+plants+for+shade&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk03OgQa4KVCNJVaiyqacqFluZcmLVg:1611137746674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB_svoo6ruAhXz4jgGHSlcBR0Q_AUoAXoECA8QAw&biw=1536&bih=722

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, CLW said:

Apologies for just posting a google search  result but there are too many and I am lazy to write all down. Some I also don't know the proper name. Best you remember or take a screenshot of the ones you like and have a look at the plant market in your area.

Many of those plants in the search results are easily available in Thailand and not expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=potted+plants+for+shade&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk03OgQa4KVCNJVaiyqacqFluZcmLVg:1611137746674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB_svoo6ruAhXz4jgGHSlcBR0Q_AUoAXoECA8QAw&biw=1536&bih=722

Thank you, much appreciated.

• Like 2