Problems with installing an APK file om my Android TV

giddyup

Bear with me as I'm a complete novice to this kind of thing. I want to install BeeTV (cracked) to my Sony Android TV so I downloaded the APK file from a torrent site and transferred to a USB drive. I also installed a Downloader from the Play Store, but when I open the USB stick it shows it as empty, but the file is definitely there, so what am I doing wrong?

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You are trying to install a cracked APK file onto a Sony Android TV from a USB stick.   LOL.....

H N Year to you.

Hey, guess what SA? I downloaded the APK file to my Android TV using a USB stick.

8 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Titanium, Typhoon & Cinema HD here... 

All found easily on Filelinked 

And where do I download Filelinked, Playstore? And once installed how do I get Titanium, Typhoon and Cinema HD?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

I tried using the USB method to get apk files onto my Android TV device (a Xiaomi Mi Box S as it happens) but I found it a bit cumbersome. I also found, as you apparently have that the file manager on the Android TV box sometimes wouldn't read the USB stick properly and wouldn't find the apk files. Other times it would, so it was a bit frustrating as you never knew it it was going to work or not.

I found this, a purely software-based approach which I think is a lot easier.

Send Files to TV

I'm just not 100% sure, because it's a while ago and I'm not in front of my TV right now, if the apk is directly installable on the Android TV device via the Playstore but I think it is.

It's certainly available on the Playstore for Android phones or tablets.

Once you've transferred the files to the Android TV device, you also need to use your file manager to "find" and install the transferred .apk file. I use FX but there are a number of different file managers you could use, so if you already have one you like, you could use that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

And where do I download Filelinked, Playstore? And once installed how do I get Titanium, Typhoon and Cinema HD?

Am on holiday & only have my IPhone with me at so can’t check Play Store but the filelinked site is here https://www.filelinked.com/

once you’ve installed it you will need a site code & PIN number, all easily found on the Internet but I will PM you the one I use.

Once in, you just click on the button to download & install & voila, app is available & ready to use ???? 

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Why would you wanna install a cracked version of a free app, which you can download from the official website

@bkk6060 What's so funny about my comment. You didn't know that BeeTV has an official website where you can download the app, without any malware added?

• Like 1

Filelinked won't install on my Sony Android TV. I get to the stage where I have to put in my code but after that it asks to install a VPN which I don't have at the moment, so I can't hit the "Continue" button.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Hey, guess what SA? I downloaded the APK file to my Android TV using a USB stick.

But then you said it did not work in your OP.

And what does SA mean please? An insult?

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Filelinked won't install on my Sony Android TV. I get to the stage where I have to put in my code but after that it asks to install a VPN which I don't have at the moment, so I can't hit the "Continue" button.

That was Filelinked, BeeTV works fine. SA, use your imagination.

Edited by giddyup

12 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Just got home and checked the Playstore on my Xiaomi Android TV box - it does indeed have the Send Files to TV app available on there.

I don't have any problem getting the files on to the TV via a USB stick, I just can't get the files to install.

Getting the APK installed can be difficult.

I have a new SONY smart android tv.

Tried some installers including APK installer would not work for me.

I found recommendations to use

"file commander"

That worked to load my tv apk i have that is not in the app store.

But after install i cannot see the app on my tv menu.

I also loaded "app manager".

When i open this app i can see my app in their list is loaded, i click and app manager gives options including " launch app".

Click this and i open my app ok.

Suggest that you try file commander.

50 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I don't have any problem getting the files on to the TV via a USB stick, I just can't get the files to install.

Then I must have misunderstood your original post. It said, "when I open the USB stick it shows it as empty, but the file is definitely there."

So from that I thought your problem was in even being able to "see" the files at all - and if your device can't detect the files, then it definitely can't install them.

So are you saying the problem is actually something else and if so, what are the symptoms?

38 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Then I must have misunderstood your original post. It said, "when I open the USB stick it shows it as empty, but the file is definitely there."

So from that I thought your problem was in even being able to "see" the files at all - and if your device can't detect the files, then it definitely can't install them.

So are you saying the problem is actually something else and if so, what are the symptoms?

I have got the files downloaded but I can't complete the install because it doesn't seem to recognise whatever code I use, I can't access the Complete button.

I could help the OP, because he can download the app from the official website, directly to his TV. No downloader, installer of filelinked needed.

Shame he doesn't see my posts, as he has me on ignore ????

image.png.9d09a157ad946db9a776aed969f70203.png

Edited by Susco

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks for all the input, after a great deal of perseverance I now have both BeeTV and Filelinked installed.

Can you please clarify what you used to get them installed?

Some apps work better thryan others. People find problems. If may help others if you can post info how you got the problem resolved.

I still need to consider trying other apps to see if i can get my tv app to show directly onto my sony tv.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, jojothai said:

Can you please clarify what you used to get them installed?

Some apps work better thryan others. People find problems. If may help others if you can post info how you got the problem resolved.

I still need to consider trying other apps to see if i can get my tv app to show directly onto my sony tv.

Thanks.

Really have no idea how I did it. All I know is I had to install a Downloader and a File Manager to be able to get BeeTV and Filelinked.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Really have no idea how I did it. All I know is I had to install a Downloader and a File Manager to be able to get BeeTV and Filelinked.

I would expect its the file manager that would have installed it.

Can you see which file manager it is. There are many different apps. Perhaps post a picture of which one it is thanks.

4 minutes ago, jojothai said:

I would expect its the file manager that would have installed it.

Can you see which file manager it is. There are many different apps. Perhaps post a picture of which one it is thanks.

It's called X-plore and it's available from Playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore&hl=en&gl=US

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you installed APK Installer.

This you need to do. Get from Play Store.

With this installed and the specific APK file on your memory stick -just follow the directions on the APK installer.

I did it 2 days ago

Good luck

13 hours ago, Delight said:

Have you installed APK Installer.

This you need to do. Get from Play Store.

With this installed and the specific APK file on your memory stick -just follow the directions on the APK installer.

I did it 2 days ago

Good luck

I want to install IPTV but the cracked versions available on PB say they don't include any channels. How do I add the TV channels?