UK PM Johnson could lose his seat and majority at next election - poll

rooster59

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

What a stupid article, 3 years is a millennium in politics, heck lets over this Covid thing first before worrying who will get into number 10 next

Whoever said a week is a long time in politics was guilty of excessive optimism.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Who are these "people on the forum" you keep talking about ?

I cannot speak on behalf of them 

Chomper Higgot knows them too. If you had followed the Brexit topics better you would know too. As you seem to accept it does not concern you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So there we have it, Brexit is over but most Remainers aka Rejoiners can only talk about brickbats and butt hurt instead of pondering why Johnson's political future may be open to question. On the other side of the tent, we have the No-dealers who somehow feel more betrayed and aggrieved than the other lot. Meanwhile, the vast majority of sane and moderate Leavers are probably still celebrating (while remaining within the safe social distancing rules).

"There's nowt queerer than fowk" as granny would say.

I do recall that "people on the forum" had the opinion that they would prefer to have no deal, rather than a bad deal that favoured the E.U .

Rather than straight forward not wanting a deal 

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

That notwithstanding, I have a couple of issues with the REUTERS report posted here. Firstly, the report says “This is the first detailed survey of the public's perception of Johnson's handling of the recently concluded Brexit talks” this is incorrect, because the poll was conducted between the 4th and 29th December, before the Brexit deal had been agreed, and the UK was teetering on the brink of a no deal scenario; so, very misleading.

I may be nit-picking here but I am pretty sure when I woke up on Christmas Morning, the long-awaited EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) was already in my Christmas stocking albeit a draft copy but to all intents and purposes, the real deal.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Winston Churchill did his job and then lost out, Boris has done his job and the same could happen.

Will have to wait and see.....????

don't think any current leaders will survive after the COVID disaster, they are all going to lose in the next election

doesn't matter how good a leader is, the populace is going to ask for a reset and a change of guard just to forget COVID

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

don't think any current leaders will survive after the COVID disaster, they are all going to lose in the next election

doesn't matter how good a leader is, the populace is going to ask for a reset and a change of guard just to forget COVID

A huge number of UK folk took, and are still taking no notice of C19 advice, don't shift blame ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Whoever said a week is a long time in politics was guilty of excessive optimism.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/a_week_is_a_long_time_in_politics

Usually attributed to British Prime Minister Harold Wilson in the mid-1960s. Also used by (and incorrectly attributed to) Australian PM Gough Whitlam in the 1970s.

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Many have followed the negotiations saga.

The evaluation of the results are however different ( in no way absolutely right or wrong ) from one individual to another.

......or what Newspaper you read (or not)

????

11 minutes ago, transam said:

You haven't followed anything, have you...But that's OK, all input is welcome to be read....:thumbsup:

I have followed the news, and as predicted, he surrendered ????

Boris is the EU best negotiator ????

btw, Boris dad is asking for French citizenship, no joke, saw this on TV, probably a publicly stunt to embarrass his son ????

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

It only concerns me so far that I was right that the Eu would not bend on this topic and they were sure BJ would not either. In the end its just about knowing who was right and who was not. Now that the result is there its easy to see who was right. 

The people who said that the UK would have to follow EU standards to have access were right. The others were wrong.

As a non Brit it concerns me as I am from an EU country the other party in the negotiations.

I wonder why you think that the other side in a negotiation has nothing to say but Brits do. 

So the EU did not bend..............:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:........

I did warn you about reading The Guardian.......:whistling:

I think it is time for you to realise that Brexit and the negotiations for the deal are now over. Whether you think you were right or wrong is history. Well it is for me, but I will keep on chatting.....:stoner:

• Like 2

Just now, Kadilo said:

......or what Newspaper you read (or not)

????

If one don't have an own critical mind, any media may influence profoundly one's judgement.

The worst ( sadly ) are the ones who believe, or not, based only on the name of the media.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As against now when the nation is learning that the deal is a mess.

I think people are just relieved its over.  I also think that as such 'the Nation' does not exist as a homogeneous mass. Additionally, the people who voted to leave are satisfied with the deal and the remainers who charged their mind, who had their eyes opened to the calumny of the EU leadership are also relieved. The deluded remainers are reminiscent of the Japanese soldiers found in the Jungle fighting a war long lost and long forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nout said:

I think people are just relieved its over.  I also think that as such 'the Nation' does not exist as a homogeneous mass. Additionally, the people who voted to leave are satisfied with the deal and the remainers who charged their mind, who had their eyes opened to the calumny of the EU leadership are also relieved. The deluded remainers are reminiscent of the Japanese soldiers found in the Jungle fighting a war long lost and long forgotten.

I think everyone is happy its over, I think the deal is good for both sides. I find a poll about the popularity a bit premature. If covid is beaten then the outlook could really change. So this does not say much.

• Like 1