Jomtien Immigration

Rigsby

They won't close.
They will continue enforcing social distancing and limiting the number of people allowed inside at a time (and the usual temperature check).

Bring a mask as I don't think there are any available to buy in/around there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

Is Jomtien Immigration open during this lockdown or not ?? I assume it's closed, but no-one I've asked seems to know.

Thanks.

Closed today at it's sunday

but i need to go tomorrow for some papers work

so i will be back and let you know if they are open

imo i am sure they will open as usual (With the mask and so on...)

31 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

Is Jomtien Immigration open during this lockdown or not ?? I assume it's closed, but no-one I've asked seems to know.

Thanks.

There is no 'lockdown'. I imagine that it will be open as usual once the holiday is over. 

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Closed today at it's sunday

but i need to go tomorrow for some papers work

so i will be back and let you know if they are open

imo i am sure they will open as usual (With the mask and so on...)

Photocopying place on Thepprasit 0.5 baht a copy, I get most of my copies before I go. I even got a couple of laminate copies for 10 baht each, outside immigration wanted 100 baht

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rigsby said:

Thanks.

I contacted 1178 to ask the same sues for 90 day reporting I was informed they are open as normal with Covid restrictions in place as before 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kerryd said:

They won't close.
They will continue enforcing social distancing and limiting the number of people allowed inside at a time (and the usual temperature check).

Bring a mask as I don't think there are any available to buy in/around there.

Some entrepreneur may well pick up on that. My Mrs arrived at the driving licence place without one and a kindly Thai lady gave her one. But I expect 100 baht at Immigration for a foreigner!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I thought Chonburi was code Red?

lots of amenities are closed, gyms, some parks,  bars not serving food, some malls, but no actual lockdown.  My coffee shop is till open and operating normally as are all the reasturants around here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I thought Chonburi was code Red?

Yes, but that does neither enforce hard travel restrictions (so far) nor office closures.

Only function shutdown (nationwide) that I am aware of is that driving license  tests at the DLT (road traffic office) are suspended (once again).

More details here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1199762-confirmed-increased-restrictions-for-28-provinces-now-approved-by-pm/

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 hours ago, johnbarpic said:

I contacted 1178 to ask the same sues for 90 day reporting I was informed they are open as normal with Covid restrictions in place as before

And always try the online reporting option. Saves you all that hassle.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:32 PM, Rigsby said:

Thanks.

As promised i am just back from immigration office in Jomtien

they are open, and no crowd, particularly for a monday after new eve holiday.

When you are face to the building, the entrance is on the small left door

you access to it by the ramp for the disabled, near the private visa office shop

the main entrance door of the immigration building is reserved for the exit

On the right a tent with some chairs and a guy at a table 

only for the 90 days report, you give your passport to him, he gives you a number

you wait on  a chair, few minutes later (10\15) your number is called, and you have your

passport back with the 90 days report updated inside.

All the other stuff is done inside the building as usual.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I have that coming up too. Ugh. Well anyway, the good news on that is you don't need a waiting number. Just walk directly to the desk. 

Don't forget to update your bank book the day you go to the immigration office

they ask a copy of the first page of the bookbank (With your name and account number)

and the page with the money update.

Also a copy of the first page of your passport and a copy of your actual visa or extension in the passport

On 1/3/2021 at 4:09 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Photocopying place on Thepprasit 0.5 baht a copy, I get most of my copies before I go. I even got a couple of laminate copies for 10 baht each, outside immigration wanted 100 baht

It's 3 bahts a copy inside the immigration building (The young boy near the toilet entry)

not a big deal and more convenient when you have only 2 or 3 copies missing

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Some entrepreneur may well pick up on that. My Mrs arrived at the driving licence place without one and a kindly Thai lady gave her one. But I expect 100 baht at Immigration for a foreigner!

For a foreigner! Yes there are queues of Thais at immigration needing photo copies. Nobody is forced to pay a 100 baht or use that particular photo copy service. It is a great service and well worth the money for some people.

2 minutes ago, Nout said:

For a foreigner! Yes there are queues of Thais at immigration needing photo copies. Nobody is forced to pay a 100 baht or use that particular photo copy service. It is a great service and well worth the money for some people.

Jacko45k was talking about a face mask, not a copy

as i said it's 3bahts a copy in the immigration office, and it's the 

same price for Thais and foreigners.

No face masks vendors in the office or even in the area

everybody seems to come here with his own mask already on

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Jacko45k was talking about a face mask, not a copy

as i said it's 3bahts a copy in the immigration office, and it's the 

same price for Thais and foreigners.

No face masks vendors in the office or even in the area

everybody seems to come here with his own mask already on

There are convenience stores nearby on Pattaya 2nd road that would probably sell masks. 

Also the last I heard masks are required everywhere now, even outside, so of course people will be arriving masked. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There are convenience stores nearby on Pattaya 2nd road that would probably sell masks. 

Also the last I heard masks are required everywhere now, even outside, so of course people will be arriving masked. 

Yes of course you can find face masks almost everywhere in Pattaya

including in the 7\11. With my post about no face masks vendors in the office or in

the area my meaning was there are not inside the immigration building, on the parking  

nor in the street just in front of the building.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as english isn't my first language

i will try to be more precise the next time

Edited by kingofthemountain

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for someone else to do your yearly extension for you. I am sick (not covid) so don't go out unless I really have to. Being somewhere where there could be covid worries me.

Be grateful for any information.

Thanks. Mls

25 minutes ago, mls said:

Is it possible for someone else to do your yearly extension for you. I am sick (not covid) so don't go out unless I really have to. Being somewhere where there could be covid worries me.

Thanks. Mls

I believe you do have to go in person because they take a photo of you. Best to get someone to go and ask and explain why you can't go. Maybe if they take a photo of you with them that will suffice, I'm not sure.

28 minutes ago, mls said:

Thanks. Mls

You could try an agent. Somebody is advertising on 103 FM that they will do your extension for 8,000 Baht, and that includes the 90-day reporting as well. I can't remember the name of the agent, but tune in and the advert will probably be on there once an hour at least.

35 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

I believe you do have to go in person because they take a photo of you. Best to get someone to go and ask and explain why you can't go. Maybe if they take a photo of you with them that will suffice, I'm not sure.

No photo taken for the 1 year extension of stay based on retirment

you need to bring your own photo. They take a photo only if you don't have one

or if the photo is too old.

However you need to sign the documents in person.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mls said:

Thanks. Mls

Send me a private message, i can try to do it for you

but we need to meet before that and be sure all your papers are ready

also if you have a thai medical certificate to justify the factthat you can't

or don't want go in person to the immigration office could help a lot

nota i am not an agent, and of course i will do it for free 

i am just pleased to help when i can

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Actually, they've taken my photo every time I've done an Extension.
Normally they take it when you go back to pick up your passport.
Last year it changed a little. After I submitted my paperwork the guy put the numbered tag on my paper work and gave me the matching tag, then took a picture of me and a picture of the paperwork. When I went back the next day they didn't take my photo again when I picked up my passport.

Of course, that can all change overnight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kerryd said:

Actually, they've taken my photo every time I've done an Extension.
Normally they take it when you go back to pick up your passport.
Last year it changed a little. After I submitted my paperwork the guy put the numbered tag on my paper work and gave me the matching tag, then took a picture of me and a picture of the paperwork. When I went back the next day they didn't take my photo again when I picked up my passport.

Of course, that can all change overnight.

Likewise, photo every time I've picked up my passport with annual extension. 

• Thanks 1