Jomtien Immigration

Rigsby

On 1/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, johnbarpic said:

I contacted 1178 to ask the same sues for 90 day reporting I was informed they are open as normal with Covid restrictions in place as before 

I went on Wednesday In and out in 5 minutes normal restrictions mask gel etc

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Actually, they've taken my photo every time I've done an Extension.
Normally they take it when you go back to pick up your passport.
Last year it changed a little. After I submitted my paperwork the guy put the numbered tag on my paper work and gave me the matching tag, then took a picture of me and a picture of the paperwork. When I went back the next day they didn't take my photo again when I picked up my passport.

Of course, that can all change overnight.

Yes you are totally right

for some reasons talking about the photo i was thinking

to the small ID photo you need to bring with your papers

and i skipped the moment when the guy takes me in photo 

with his i phone. My bad and thank you again for rectifying my mistake

9 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Come on

i have already explained what was my meaning

and precised this point in one of my post on the page 2 of this topic

the ''area'' was the immigration office and the parking beside

That was what I was implying as well when I mentioned that I didn't think there were any masks for sale "in/around there".  I wasn't saying that there weren't any available "in that part of town", but that at the Immigration office itself (including the coffee shop and photocopy place) I didn't see any masks for sale so it was advisable to bring one with you as they wouldn't let you inside the building without one.

You'd think the photocopy place would have a stack of masks for sale, especially as they are right beside the entryway to the Immigration Office.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

You'd think the photocopy place would have a stack of masks for sale, especially as they are right beside the entryway to the Immigration Office.

Nobody thought of it yet, about time somebody did. 

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Immigration was full 20 minutes ago, a mad rush for some reason, glad covid is only a low risk here

There is a panic that they are going to require a covid test for extensions after 25th January. Started by Richard Barrow.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, Kerryd said:

They won't close.
They will continue enforcing social distancing and limiting the number of people allowed inside at a time (and the usual temperature check).

Bring a mask as I don't think there are any available to buy in/around there.

'bring a mask'?  We all should have one on, or with us at all times when outside the home? 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Nope, I guess 25 Jan is the deadline if true. They might reverse that idea anyway as it's been widely commented as daft

Most posts say it is not true. The usual worry is that the offices do what they want and decide to enforce it anyway.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

'bring a mask'?  We all should have one on, or with us at all times when outside the home? 

Yeah, and we should all have a shower and put on clean (decent) clothes before going to Immigration as well. Something more than a few people seem to think is a waste of time (showering and putting on clean clothes that is).
I've stood in line with some people that made your average Afgani smell like fresh flowers by comparison. (If you've ever flown on Ariana Airlines or spent time in close proximity to a group of them, you'll know what I mean.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, and we should all have a shower and put on clean (decent) clothes before going to Immigration as well. Something more than a few people seem to think is a waste of time (showering and putting on clean clothes that is).
I've stood in line with some people that made your average Afgani smell like fresh flowers by comparison. (If you've ever flown on Ariana Airlines or spent time in close proximity to a group of them, you'll know what I mean.)

I do, 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Immigration was full 20 minutes ago, a mad rush for some reason, glad covid is only a low risk here

Got there about 10 am ,had to q about 3  people in front all of a sudden about 4/5 mins later the q was about 30 people ,God knows where they all came from ,anyway went in ,picked up my yearly extension after 5 mins ,then got another ticket and did 90 day 2 mins ,when i went outside the q was really long . i must have been very lucky to arrive when i did .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Any updates? I just need to go tomorrow. ????

Was there yesterday afternoon...quiet :thumbsup:

As an aside I,ve nothing but praise for Jomtien Immigration (my local office) but my experience with a pal over his Retirement extension the other day makes me wonder sometimes....in the past he`s gone down the agent route but this time asked for my help...we went friday morning with all paperwork correct "come back monday after 2pm" OK we go back the lady at the retirement desk says "bank book needs updating" ( he went last thursday the day before to get his letter and update from the bank) on friday it was no issue...ok I take him back to the bank and get it updated,back to Immigration where he`s then told "come back tomorrow for visa after 2pm" was she being awkward on purpose or what...goodness me :whistling:

On 1/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, kingofthemountain said:

No face masks vendors in the office or even in the area

everybody seems to come here with his own mask already on

On 1/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, kingofthemountain said:

With my post about no face masks vendors in the office or in

the area my meaning was there are not inside the immigration building, on the parking  

nor in the street just in front of the building.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as english isn't my first language

i will try to be more precise the next time

On 1/17/2021 at 11:24 AM, PGSan said:

There is generally No problem buying masks in that part of town.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:17 AM, Kerryd said:

That was what I was implying as well when I mentioned that I didn't think there were any masks for sale "in/around there".  I wasn't saying that there weren't any available "in that part of town", but that at the Immigration office itself (including the coffee shop and photocopy place) I didn't see any masks for sale so it was advisable to bring one with you as they wouldn't let you inside the building without one.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:55 AM, jacko45k said:

Nobody thought of it yet, about time somebody did. 

Masks are now available for sale at the front counter of the Coffee shop adjoining the Immigration Office....someone there obviously reads this forum :clap2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Was there yesterday afternoon...quiet :thumbsup:

As an aside I,ve nothing but praise for Jomtien Immigration (my local office) but my experience with a pal over his Retirement extension the other day makes me wonder sometimes....in the past he`s gone down the agent route but this time asked for my help...we went friday morning with all paperwork correct "come back monday after 2pm" OK we go back the lady at the retirement desk says "bank book needs updating" ( he went last thursday the day before to get his letter and update from the bank) on friday it was no issue...ok I take him back to the bank and get it updated,back to Immigration where he`s then told "come back tomorrow for visa after 2pm" was she being awkward on purpose or what...goodness me :whistling:

There was another post about how stressful it was to go there. One guy said he panicked for a month before his annual extension. Thanks for the update that it was not too busy. 

58 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Whether the office is busy full of people panicking about needing a test.

Most of the people seem to go here when the door open in the morning

i have always find the morning busy and full of people.

Since i decided to go now in the middle of the afternoon, around 3 pm (15h00)

i find it's pretty deserted most of the time, or at least with much less people than in the morning

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Since i decided to go now in the middle of the afternoon, around 3 pm (15h00)

i find it's pretty deserted most of the time, or at least with much less people than in the morning

If you go at 2.30 and it`s quiet you might be treated to coffee and cakes.....:cheesy:.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

If you go at 2.30 and it`s quiet you might be treated to coffee and cakes.....:cheesy:.

on a serious note with less people in the office and the end of their working day coming

the immigration officers seem to be less stressed and much more relax in the middle of

the afternoon, i even had some smiles from few of them, something near impossible

in the morning crowd

Edited by kingofthemountain