Dr. Supon Sriplakij , excellent Urologist for enlarged prostrate surgery in Chaing Mai

LOUIS65

Thank you.

I spoke to a DR Urologist at Siriphat and he told me that the steam injection method was not available there or at any CM hospital.

Further info on this site has said nowhere in Thailand does the Steam injection method, which in UK is a walk in during the morning, operation carried out then you walk out under your own "Steam" that afternoon.

john

1 hour ago, Rama said:

way way to much for this type of operation. only 100 surgeries? not very experienced. posting looks like an advertorial.

Yes it is odd, no mention of results of medication or any other results.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, LOUIS65 said:

I had come for a second opinion as it had been suggested I should have 

laparoscopic robotic surgery,  of which he has performed over a hundred such operations at the Sriphat Hospital.

However I was greatly relieved when he told me an operation to reduce my prostrate would not be necessary and that my prostrate would become smaller by taking medication.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:41 PM, jonwilly said:

I spoke to a DR Urologist at Siriphat and he told me that the steam injection method was not available there or at any CM hospital.

Two different scenarios here I believe, inasmuch as the robotic surgery is for prostate removal, whereas the Rezum steam method is for prostate reduction as per the TURP method, for BPH.

I would prefer the Steam procedure or better still the new UroLift method, which is currently available in Queensland, if and when you can get there.

When this pandemic stuff is over I will investigate going to OZ for a Urolift.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, LOUIS65 said:

I had a consultation with Dr. Supon at Sriphat Hospital, the Government Hospital, where he works Saturday mornings 10-12. 

Dr. Supon  also works at the Chaing mai Ram 4 evenings a week, 5-7.

He spoke excellent English, and  had a very patient and kindly manner .  He  also  took plenty of time to go over my medical and PSA tests and listened to my questions .  I had come for a second opinion as it had been suggested I should have 

laparoscopic robotic surgery,  of which he has performed over a hundred such operations at the Sriphat Hospital.

However I was greatly relieved when he told me an operation to reduce my prostrate would not be necessary and that my prostrate would become smaller by taking medication.

Before my consultation I had looked at the hospital ward on the top floor. Since the building was  old I had expected the same for the hospital ward,  but they were brand new and in  absolute pristine condition, with cooking facilities and  an extra bed for a family member. Even great views of Chaing mai! The basic price for 1 night is 2,100 baht but around 3.000 if you need meds. and have your blood pressure checked regularly.

I had also checked the Ram hospital,  the price of a hospital bed starts at 5.000 baht ,  plus extra  for your medications. Even if you stay at the Ram for robotic surgery you will be taken by ambulance to the Sriphat hospital as it's the only hospital with the robotic equipment.

The price of robotic surgery for enlarged prostate is 450.000 Baht at Sriphat hospital , a  consultation 500 baht. At the Chaing mai Ram it's 500.000 baht for the same operation.

and a  consultation is 1.000 baht plus,  

Note you should sign a  hospital agreement  with the quote  , which will be the maximum sum you will agree  to pay for the operation.. 

We had a difficult time finding the right Urologist for this problem and I hope this help someone else

good to know, Thank you!

• Confused 1