Renewing 5 year Thai Driver's License

Hi,

For some reason, when I go to the dlt site (https://www.dlt.go.th/en/) it still says that all services have been suspended since March 2020, but I know that must not be true as I've read on here about people renewing their license. Anyway, of course I can't contact anyone through the phone number or hotline on the site and I can find most of the information I need, but I want to confirm a couple of things before I waste my time going there to renew my 5 year driver's license.

1. Do I need my current USA driver's license to renew my 5 year Thai license which expires March 2021? I know I needed it when I first got my Thai license, but don't recall if I need it for renewing.

2. I understand I can renew within 3 months before it expires & I've heard I can renew up to 1 year after it expires. Is this correct?

3. I've always renewed at the main office near Chatuchak. Are there other locations I can renew, I live on Nawamin Rd., near Fashion Island.

Thanks for your time & information. Hope you all had a nice holiday season & hope you're all staying healthy.

Under current conditions you would need to check with your local office for renewal, tests are cancelled so its likely all will be suspended in my opinion.

The other questions have been answered in the above post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 8 months later...

I'm going tomorrow for renewal of 5 years driving license in Chatuchak BKK.

My wife finally got through and was told only the first 20 applications for foreigners. The lady said need to watch a video online first. Then they can give me a new license in 5 minutes.

Is this video in an app does anyone know? And which app as there are several.

(The operator hung up the phone before we could ask)

1 hour ago, james.d said:

Is this video in an app does anyone know? And which app as there are several.

The video/test are on this DLT website including link to the apps.

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

Please report back once you're done at DLT Chatuchak, as from what you're wife is saying it seems you may not have to do the reaction & peripheral vision tests etc.?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mark5335 said:

The video/test are on this DLT website including link to the apps.

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

Please report back once you're done at DLT Chatuchak, as from what you're wife is saying it seems you may not have to do the reaction & peripheral vision tests etc.?

Thanks Mark.

I renewed my 5 year driving license at Chatuchak today.

Arrived 07:15am outside building 4. Right hand tent for foreigners (maximum 20) and only 12 waiting when DLT staff arrived 08:00am.

I hadn't watched the video so watched it on my phone, video is 60 minutes, but it stops intermittently with a couple of questions.

Passed the test questions at the end and went inside for a queue number.

Had to do color test and brake test only. Up and down a couple of floors with paperwork, then waited around for license and left at 09:50am.

• Like 1