Samut Sakhon reports 541 new Covid-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sounds to me like they are separating out the Non-Thai, Non Quarantine cases instead of combining them in one total Statistic.  Is this to save face or what is the reason they are not combining all of the tests from all of the provinces.  A clear picture is needed. So one can see what is happening and to make an informed decision as to sequester ones self or just continue with daily life, albeit there are certain closures.

They gave the total number

• Sad 2

Another problem is that the vast majority of Thais have dropped their guard over the last few months as can be seen in everyday life. The return of locals to my wife's village over the new year period was unbelievable, parties were held, people mixed, wearing of masks were non existent. Compared to back in March when everything was locked down, and  local shopkeepers demanded you wore a mask to enter their premises, and there was  hardly a hint of covid. Yet now when the danger is imminent the majority of Thais and the government seem to be oblivious to the problem in hand.

• Like 1

Yes Thailand, if you have to get a stricter set of lock downs and rules, and if it keeps

more people alive, just remember you do not want to be like the USA and get the

much larger numbers of people dying.  The big picture is to stay alive, get the vaccine,

and stay alive until it is in you and is totally in effect. I am seeing people in my country

who are tired of covid, and its rules, but thankfully the majority of us want to stay alive. 

I will be wearing my mask for at least 1 or 2 more years.  I believe that the health

departments and people will continue to give us the best information that they

have, and the continued message of having patience.   Good Luck all

Geezer

On 1/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, sandyf said:

And there are an even larger number that defend their position in that everything the government does is wrong.

No government gets it right all the time, Bojo has more flipflops than a Sunday market but means nothing to the xenophobes on this forum, only ever one guilty party.

Not really if the government does something good they will get compliments but most of the time they seem to make knee jerk reactions.
But  I'll have a go here are 4 things I can think of that actually made sense and got compliments on TV

1. They removed the Umbrella vendors from beaches. ????

2. They implemented price controls for treatment and medication at private hospitals ????
3. They banned police spot checks.
4. Visa exemptions for foreigners during the Covid19 outbreak.
Mind you not sure all of these are still in place today.
If you got any more?