Hi All,

I have had my DTAC pay as you go sim for over 6 years now & have always made sure that the expiry date never runs out while I am out of the country, I have recently tried to refill my account using my saved credit card & I keep getting the same message (Unable to process transaction please try again. ) I have tried adding another card & I get the same message, I have over 400 baht in credit & it doesn't expire until 1st November 2021, so I'm not too concerned, just wonder what is going on, another strange thing is that when I click on to refill it states that I have zero credit & zero validity period, there is also no refill history etc., 

Wondering whether I should re-install app ? Or is there problems with DTAC? 

Thanks in advance....

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Baz,

Been wondering about this too. First time this month for years I'm getting the same as you on 2 sim accounts.

I'm using the IOS app and in Australia and top up 20 baht each month to keep then active.

I can't ever remember verifying my card and I think dtac are blocking those have not been verified. If you click on your profile top left corner (of IOS app) it shows "Age of use", "dtac Reward" and "My Card".

Click on My Card and you can verify it by sending an OPT code to your mobile number. I don't have the balance to add roaming to the sims so I can receive an SMS so I think I've lost my 2 numbers :(

Have you been able to refill?

7 hours ago, BaanOz said:

Hi Baz,

Been wondering about this too. First time this month for years I'm getting the same as you on 2 sim accounts.

I'm using the IOS app and in Australia and top up 20 baht each month to keep then active.

I can't ever remember verifying my card and I think dtac are blocking those have not been verified. If you click on your profile top left corner (of IOS app) it shows "Age of use", "dtac Reward" and "My Card".

Click on My Card and you can verify it by sending an OPT code to your mobile number. I don't have the balance to add roaming to the sims so I can receive an SMS so I think I've lost my 2 numbers :(

Have you been able to refill?

You have been doing it all wrong.

First of all you don't need credit for Roaming in order to use OTP and recieve SMS etc.

Just turn off Data Roaming and leave GSM roaming on by default. Then you can use USSD and receive SMS at no cost.

You should have switched Roaming on before leaving Thailand, but you may be able to contact DTAC to switch it on for you, if they can do it whilst you are out of the country.

Failing all of that, you can simply contact them to convert 36 baht of your phone credit into 12 months of validity. Topping up 20 baht a month was an utter waste of time.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, baz69er said:

Hi All,

I have had my DTAC pay as you go sim for over 6 years now & have always made sure that the expiry date never runs out while I am out of the country, I have recently tried to refill my account using my saved credit card & I keep getting the same message (Unable to process transaction please try again. ) I have tried adding another card & I get the same message, I have over 400 baht in credit & it doesn't expire until 1st November 2021, so I'm not too concerned, just wonder what is going on, another strange thing is that when I click on to refill it states that I have zero credit & zero validity period, there is also no refill history etc., 

Wondering whether I should re-install app ? Or is there problems with DTAC? 

Thanks in advance....

Baz

Same as above. Stop wasting your time topping up with credit.