CONFIRMED: Increased restrictions for 28 provinces now approved by PM

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

where do they get this kind of ideas

drinking a beer will increase your chances to get corona ?

If I drink  6 or 7 beers I'm still sober enough to remember distance, hygiene and such. 

If I drink 15 I'm not so sure, so I guess they are trying to stop people from getting drunk. 

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Once they discover Covid cases in all of the other provinces across Thailand , i'm sure there will be a nationwide lockdown within the next few days. 
Once that happens, we will then see Alcohol bans as well. Maybe a good time to stock up for those who like a drink? 

Yeah, it's good boozers still have free access to alcohol-based disinfection gel. It'll come in... uhm... "handy".

1 hour ago, WhatsNext said:

Strange i am in Hua Hin (Prachuap) and in the red zone although according to the CCSA there are zero cases here.

I am guessing it's to stop the tourists from Bangkok coming in the weekend, let's see if people from neighboring Cha Am which is in a different province can still come shopping here.

I'm in Prachinburi and only 2 cases here, yet red. Really did nto expect it here.

In the case of Hua Hin you do border on Petchaburi province which has had about 22 cases.

I can only suppose they have decided to cast a wider net and include provinces adjacent to provinces that were previously considered "red".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

where do they get this kind of ideas

drinking a beer will increase your chances to get corona ?

Maybe an effort to get the breweries to "donate" more? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Falcon said:

I really have no idea on who thinks of this rubbish and the idiot who signs off on it all has very little brain power left, if he had any at any time prior of course gym must be closed but markets are open but must follow Covid-19 rules?? Gyms are easy to police and stay with protocol for Covid-19 rules but how can markets be? Our local market is a big market, has no way to enforce, nor even tries to, enforce wearing a mask or perform the usual temperature check with people in close proximity to everyone else, fish being killed and blood and guts galore, f”resh” meat in the open with everyone passing by it and risk of huge infection, etc. restaurants can open but no alcohol??? I don’t drink so it doesn’t matter to me either way but how ridiculous. What is banning drinking a glass of wine or beer going to to help people stay away from Covid-19 if someone inside the restaurant already has it and is sitting there eating (without mask of course)and infecting others? What’s the difference ordering an alcoholic drink rather than a soft drink or tea/coffee/water?

Gyms are indoors not very well ventilated with lots of sweaty bodies. Markets are outdoors well ventilated. 

The alcohol thing is either around the perception of people sharing glasses or getting tipsy and wreckless...........i think. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, tonray said:

So if I take the purple line MRT from my home in Nonthaburi...and I try to get on the blue line train at Taopoon...are they going to ask to see my 'papers' ?

The virus really doesn't care anything about provincial borders...a more sensible edict would be to request people to stay in their homes for 2 weeks only going out for food once a week or emergency medical care.

This is what Grab, Panda, Flash and the other ones are for.

Just phone em up and get your stuff.

Why go out in the cold for nothing?

Government tightens curbs to control Covid-19

By The Nation

800_77856c1732ea0f3.jpg?v=1609738593

The government has issued new restrictions to control the spread of Covid-19.

The country is currently under a state of emergency until January 15, 2021.

The curbs came into force from 6am on Monday.

The new restrictions, published in the Government Gazette, ban entry into buildings or places at risk of transmission of the disease.

Schools and educational institutions located in the areas designated as red zone are prohibited from organising classes, examinations or workshops, except small schools or educational institutions with the number of students not exceeding 120 people, including border patrol police school.

Online schooling is allowed as well as providing assistance, aid, fostering or treatment of patients.

Activities for public benefit must be done with permission from the provincial governor.

Meetings, seminars, catering, food distribution, etc are prohibited unless it is undertaken by an accountable official or authorised by the accountable official or is an activity in an area designated as a quarantine facility with public health measures.

The government has empowered the governor of Bangkok to act on the recommendations of the Bangkok Communicable Disease Committee and provincial governors with recommendations of the Provincial Communicable Disease Committee to determine the rules according to the situation.

The provincial governor can order the closure of service establishments like entertainment spots, pubs, bars, and karaoke booths located in high-risk areas.

In high-risk areas, food services can be limited to allowing only take-away orders.

Consumption of liquor and alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the store or shop.

Department stores, shopping centres, community malls, exhibition centres, convention centres or other similar establishments can open at the normal hours, with strict preventive measures in place.

There will be strict screening of inter-provincial travellers from red zone provinces.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has proposed that the measures must not cause unnecessary trouble to the public.

People shall refrain from or postpone their journey across red zone areas, unless there is a strong reason and evidence must be shown to the competent official, including being screened and required to comply with governmental disease prevention measures. This may make it inconvenient to travel and cause a longer travel time than usual.

Private entrepreneurs have been urged to allow staff to work from home or have arrangements to reduce the number of people travelling and help reduce the chance of infection.

The committee of the CCSA will review, screen, and propose to the prime minister to consider allowing relaxation or tightening of measures applicable to additional places, businesses or activities to suit the situation as appropriate.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400662

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-04

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, the Government offices such as immigration are left opened and will be crowded after the long holiday week and weekend, and not just at CW but at the outlying immigration locations where the 4 border countries need to apply for their visas or do 90 day reports.  Silly really.

Don't count on Immigration being overcrowded for too long. The first lock down saw relaxation on dates and/or fines for late renewal of existing extensions and 90-day reporting needs. There was even a never-ending amnesty for the momentarily stranded. All this was done to reduce the amount of foreigners cluttering up the offices. We would hope that by now, these new 'resident tourists' have fully formalized their visa status for legal longer term stay here so no need to be queuing up for anything.

For those that haven't, with the 28 'southern' provinces falling under greater restrictions, I expect a similar regimen of 'passes' being announced via a similarly scattergun method of immigration website, twitter, FaceBook and gossip.

And here on TV of course!

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Don't count on Immigration being overcrowded for too long. The first lock down saw relaxation on dates and/or fines for late renewal of existing extensions and 90-day reporting needs. There was even a never-ending amnesty for the momentarily stranded. All this was done to reduce the amount of foreigners cluttering up the offices. We would hope that by now, these new 'resident tourists' have fully formalized their visa status for legal longer term stay here so no need to be queuing up for anything.

For those that haven't, with the 28 'southern' provinces falling under greater restrictions, I expect a similar regimen of 'passes' being announced via a similarly scattergun method of immigration website, twitter, FaceBook and gossip.

And here on TV of course!

I would hope they would relax the reporting again.  However, I was talking not just about CW and MTT, but the locations the hundred of thousands, millions of migrant workers must go to to do 90 day reports, and visa extensions.  Today I took my GF to do her 90 day extension at Imperial World Lat Prao, when we arrived at 9 am as they were queuing she obtained que 149.  within an hour before she was seen at the desk in the Garage on the 5th floor they were at que 970.  Crowded and filled the garage.  yes the chairs were socially distanced but then you had to fight the fumes from the cars on the other levels and the workers on there smoke breaks.  Luckily we were out of there by 11:30 am and the Que numbers were at 2109 when we left and more were showing up.  We were back home by 12:30pm, so a 4 hour trip in all with it taking 30 minutes to arrive there, 2 1/2 hours there, and then almost 1 hour back in lunch hour traffic.  There are two other locations that the 4 bordering countries migrant workers must go to here in Bangkok as well as the one we visited.  Then add in the new facility in Nonthaburi which is always packed and where she used to go when we lived out that way.  I other words they are stacked like cordwood, and there are many many more of them than us expats or Falang workers with work permits.