Thai man just back from UK murders gran then goes on stabbing rampage in Udon Thani

webfact

Thai man just back from UK murders gran then goes on stabbing rampage in Udon Thani

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 22 year old Thai man back in Thailand from the UK to be treated for mental health issues murdered his paternal grandmother then stabbed a massage girl, shot a nurse then was apprehended in a citizen's arrest in downtown Udon Thani on Saturday. 

The family was shocked as there seemed no precursor to the violent rampage. But meds prescribed were not taken, reported Sanook.

The drama started for the authorities at 11.40 am when a call came that a 24 year old traditional massage worker from Nakhon Phanom had been stabbed four times in the back and shoulder. She had run out of a massage shop in Soi Non Phiboon.

The assailant shot a gun two times outside the shop before fleeing on a Honda motorcycle. 

His next stop was the North Eastern Wattana hospital where he shot and hit an assistant nurse screening for Covid-19 at the entrance to the ER room. Oi, 24, also from Nakhon Phanom was hit in the shoulder. 

A rescue official called Phakkaphon told how he and then a colleague managed to wrestle the man to the ground and detain him before police arrived.

"Kit", 22, was in possession of a Colt 11mm automatic and a six inch folding knife. He was taken to his home 200 meters away. 

There, investigators were shocked to find his grandmother, 66 year old Anong in a bedroom with a neck stab wound and ten other knife wounds to her body. She was dead in a bedroom.

In Kit's room they found five medications for mental illness disorders that had apparently not been touched. 

Soon the man's grandfather, the dead victim's husband, turned up to say that they were living with their grandson at the house. He had not been home as he had gone out fishing early.

Kit's parents had taken him to study in the UK where they worked but he had returned three months ago to undergo medical treatment.

Kit had wanted to use his gun and said that he was going to kill himself. He told a series of rambling stories about his phone being hacked and everyone knowing about him. He hadn't meant to murder his gran. 

Grandfather Khajorn said they had had no inkling there was going to be any trouble. Their grandson looked after himself and ordered his own food. He said that the gun was his and was 40 years old and he had a licence for it. 

Police charged Kit with murder and weapons offences and assault and sent him for a mental health evaluation. 

He is on suicide watch. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, sticknbox said:

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th knife attack spree that has recently taken place in udon??

At least one that I remember from recent news (December?).

It's disturbing how many lunatics can walk free here.

We have one in the village. Walks and walks, alarms the dogs, approaches the gate.

Wife says: maybe not take his meds :shock1:

• Like 1

"Kit had wanted to use his gun and said that he was going to kill himself." Well it's a shame Kit didn't stick to his first idea before going on his murderous rampage around town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst in no way excusing or condoning the actions of the man, I find the attitude toward mental health issues shown here to be sad and disturbing.

This man clearly had issues and was not taken care of adequately, as this could have been avoided in my opinion.

I was going to say the same thing myself ... well done

• Like 1

They are treating him like a victim...mental illness or not, don’t coddle him...apply the law of murder...

don’t use the excuse for his behavior b/c he didn’t take his meds...also inform at risk family members as it sure sounds like his doctors did not communicate his issues to them...too late now 

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst in no way excusing or condoning the actions of the man, I find the attitude toward mental health issues shown here to be sad and disturbing.

This man clearly had issues and was not taken care of adequately, as this could have been avoided in my opinion.

It isn't because, as with invalids, many Thais believe they deserve their handicap because of misbehaving in a previous life. Not a great country to be in if confined to a wheelchair, is it. I have a friend from the UK who is, but despite that he has managed to travel all over the world and he told me that Bangkok was by far the most difficult place he has visited.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Grandfather Khajorn said they had had no inkling there was going to be any trouble. Their grandson looked after himself and ordered his own food. He said that the gun was his and was 40 years old and he had a licence for it. 

11 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

If true then I guess having been diagnosed with severe mental issues does not preclude one from buying or owning a gun in Thailand.

Read again> It was his grandfather's gun.

14 hours ago, petermik said:

"he is on suicide watch"....nah leave him on his own :unsure:

IMO there should NOT be any such thing as a 'Suicide Watch'...... If they are so inclined... Let them do it...

It will save authorities much effort and expense, It will be a 'shortcut' to the best solution, and It will clean up the neighborhood too...

Simple as that..... we could even supply them with all needed items to do it....

4 hours ago, kensawadee said:

IMO there should NOT be any such thing as a 'Suicide Watch'...... If they are so inclined... Let them do it...

It will save authorities much effort and expense, It will be a 'shortcut' to the best solution, and It will clean up the neighborhood too...

Simple as that..... we could even supply them with all needed items to do it....

Pathetic. 

The <deleted> people come out with to try and portray themselves as some sort of tough guy. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

If true then I guess having been diagnosed with severe mental issues does not preclude one from buying or owning a gun in Thailand.

judging by the amount of shootings  here Id  say its compulsory