Schools closure due to Covid

stament

Seems that schools are taking the sensible decision to close to prevent an outbreak.  They know that whilst the majority of people report where they have been to, not everyone complies and hence it seems they have taken precautionary measures (since we know a lot of people travelled during the holiday season).

I've heard some schools are closed until 18th whilst others are 11th.  Has there been any official ruling from Chiang Mai government officials yet?  Perhaps we could list the schools here that we know of that have closed and for how long as a reference for people.

• Thanks 1

Varee School (Prathom Thai & English Programmes):  Start of term postponed to 15th January with online lessons from tomorrow (5th).  Have requested parents to keep children at home during this period.  By the look of it all other parts of the school are similar to Prathom.  The International Programme was due to return next week and has also been postponed.

I doubt that anyone can predict the reliability of the return date so it's just playing it by ear until further notice.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Greenside said:

Varee School (Prathom Thai & English Programmes):  Start of term postponed to 15th January with online lessons from tomorrow (5th).  Have requested parents to keep children at home during this period.  By the look of it all other parts of the school are similar to Prathom.  The International Programme was due to return next week and has also been postponed.

I doubt that anyone can predict the reliability of the return date so it's just playing it by ear until further notice.

My wife is a teacher in San Sai. School's open on Monday.

Many schools including Prince Royal College, Dara College, Montfort College and Sacred Heart College have announced that they will be closed longer than the initially stated 18th January due to fear of the recent Covid-19 surge. Schools now say that they aim to reopen on the 1st February.

A total of 72 schools out of the 83 primary schools in Chiang Mai’s region 1 have been closed. Most are still aiming to reopen on the 18th January, but will evaluate the situation again in the next few days.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/chiang-mai-schools-extend-closure-until-end-of-month/

Would be interested to know what other schools have also extended their reopening to the 1st Feb if anyone knows.