process of selling Click 150 ei ... my first time

Need to sell my 2019 Honda Click 150. Can anyone direct me to or give me simple steps I need to follow to sell the bike? I live in Phuket. I tried the searching the web generally but found little. Went to Government Transport site but no help there. I have so far: drafted an add for FBook. I have no idea of the legal requirements for selling the bike. I assume I need to have form/s signed by me to give to the new buyer etc so they can re-register the bike in their name legally. If anyone can assist I'd appreciate it :).

I recommend to meet with the buyer at the DLT and do the transfer there together.

The buyer can be sure that everything with the documents is in order, and you can be sure that the bike is no longer in your name.

They do of course have all the documents which you need there for you to complete, just bring your passport and passport copies with you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I recommend to meet with the buyer at the DLT and do the transfer there together.

The buyer can be sure that everything with the documents is in order, and you can be sure that the bike is no longer in your name.

They do of course have all the documents which you need there for you to complete, just bring your passport and passport copies with you.

Thanks Jack ????????

You need to get one of those residency certificates from immigration. If the buyer is foreign then he/she needs to get one as well. If selling to a Thai then no need for buyer to have one obviously. 

21 minutes ago, TSF said:

You need to get one of those residency certificates from immigration. If the buyer is foreign then he/she needs to get one as well. If selling to a Thai then no need for buyer to have one obviously. 

Afaik a certificate of residence from the seller is only required in Chonburi, in most provinces it's not required.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TSF said:

I thought a "certificate" will be needed for buying, not selling !!! ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

I thought a "certificate" will be needed for buying, not selling !!! ????

Well as said I've both bought and sold in Chonburi, and I had to get a residency certificate from Pattaya Imm in order to sell & transfer my old car to the new owner.

23 hours ago, TSF said:

To my knowledge, it's only an alien buyer that needs certificate of residency (if not having a Yellow House Book/pink ID-card), not the seller. Needed documentation are pasport, green book with up-to-date paid tax/insurance, and seller's signature at the Land Transport Office, eventually a power-of-attorney if seller is not present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge, it's only an alien buyer that needs certificate of residency (if not having a Yellow House Book/pink ID-card), not the seller. Needed documentation are pasport, green book with up-to-date paid tax/insurance, and seller's signature at the Land Transport Office, eventually a power-of-attorney if seller is not present.

Well as stated above it seems this regulation only applies to Chonburi. But 6 years ago when I sold my old car to another farang in Pattaya, we both needed to get residency certificates from Imm. Perhaps Imm were BS just to get the fee for the certificates, I don't know, what I do know is I've been in Thailand a very long time and when they tell me I need this and that I give them this and that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Let us know what paperwork was required? 

Thanks for the prompt. Yes might be of help to others.

Sorry to say I don't have these forms as copies on my hard-drive to attach (DOH! ... bad management on my part). All paperwork and fees paid at Building 3 Phuket Town Motor Registry office.

You enter via the 'In-Gate' at Phuket Town Registry. The building you need is on the left with a carpark in front of the building between the building and the front boundary/wall. Theres a small food court directly behind the building where you can grab a decent gaffee buran too ???????? 

Forms:

• Power of attorney form (from registry office enquiry counter - directly in front of you as you walk through the front doors) signed.
  • Motorbike Rego Information form (from motor registry) i.e. has all particulars of bike e.g. engine number, rego, engine size, etc.
  • Signed, passport and visa pages x 2 (dated and signed).
  • Drivers license copies x 2 (dated and signed).
  • Green book.
  • I supplied all copies of the original dealer sales paperwork as well as part of the history of the bike for the new owner.
  • It was not necessary for me to attend the registry office with the new owner (Thai) as he knew the registry office process and spoke very good English, and he knew exactly how to do all this. Others might say its best to go along with the new owner, but I didn't and there was no problem.

** N.B. Its best to sell any vehicle while still registered. Can do unregistered but it adds a bit of complexity to the process (not sure of these but registry persons told me it makes it a bit more complex).

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Thanks for the prompt. Yes might be of help to others.

Sorry to say I don't have these forms as copies on my hard-drive to attach (DOH! ... bad management on my part). All paperwork and fees paid at Building 3 Phuket Town Motor Registry office.

You enter via the 'In-Gate' at Phuket Town Registry. The building you need is on the left with a carpark in front of the building between the building and the front boundary/wall. Theres a small food court directly behind the building where you can grab a decent gaffee buran too ???????? 

Forms:

• Power of attorney form (from registry office enquiry counter - directly in front of you as you walk through the front doors) signed.
  • Motorbike Rego Information form (from motor registry) i.e. has all particulars of bike e.g. engine number, rego, engine size, etc.
  • Signed, passport and visa pages x 2 (dated and signed).
  • Drivers license copies x 2 (dated and signed).
  • Green book.
  • I supplied all copies of the original dealer sales paperwork as well as part of the history of the bike for the new owner.
  • It was not necessary for me to attend the registry office with the new owner (Thai) as he knew the registry office process and spoke very good English, and he knew exactly how to do all this. Others might say its best to go along with the new owner, but I didn't and there was no problem.

** N.B. Its best to sell any vehicle while still registered. Can do unregistered but it adds a bit of complexity to the process (not sure of these but registry persons told me it makes it a bit more complex).

Power of attorney as it wasn't your bike? where did you get the motorbike rego information form? I've never seen that mentioned before. No residence Cert for seller/you/owner required? 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Power of attorney as it wasn't your bike? where did you get the motorbike rego information form? I've never seen that mentioned before. No residence Cert for seller/you/owner required? 

Yes power of attorney seemed strange to me too, but I just did what the registry officer told me to do. I have a feeling they said I needed this because Thai officials sometimes ask for stuff that isn't needed just to cover <deleted> n be pedants lol ????

I wasn't required to provide a residency certificate to SELL only to BUY it.

• Like 1

Just now, Tropposurfer said:

Yes power of attorney seemed strange to me too, but I just did what the registry officer told me to do. I have a feeling they said I needed this because Thai officials sometimes ask for stuff that isn't needed just to cover <deleted> n be pedants lol ????

Just now, Tropposurfer said:

The Rego/Bike/Seller Info form came from the enquiry desk as described in first post.