Bangkok restaurants to be take away only from 7pm to 6am

webfact

download.jpeg

Image: Reuters file photo

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has announced that all restaurants in the Thai capital will be take-away only between the hours of 7pm and 6am, from Tuesday, 5th January.

The order also applies to street food vendors with seating areas.

The move is to encourage people to stay home and limit the number of people congregating outside, Naew Na reported.

Alcohol is also banned in restaurants at all other times.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

7pm and 6am,

SO during the day they can pack them in like cordwood for breakfast and then lunches.  Sounds fair to me.  No Covid to be passed around during the day apparently.  Sheer madness.  Plus how many people eat after 10pm at night and how many restaurants are open after 10 pm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Is that rice on the plates of both women in the photo?

How are they going to eat it with the masks on. Will they be using telepathy, or relying on Mr Spock to beam it up?

Upturned bowls but nevertheless I think you are right, they both have their communicators in hand ready to go.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

download.jpeg

Image: Reuters file photo

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has announced that all restaurants in the Thai capital will be take-away only between the hours of 7pm and 6am, from Tuesday, 5th January.

The order also applies to street food vendors with seating areas.

The move is to encourage people to stay home and limit the number of people congregating outside, Naew Na reported.

Alcohol is also banned in restaurants at all other times.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

So two young ladies sitting in a restaurant with a screen between them , wearing masks, with a plate of rice,

no alcohol and you think I'm <deleted>?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

SO during the day they can pack them in like cordwood for breakfast and then lunches.  Sounds fair to me.  No Covid to be passed around during the day apparently.  Sheer madness.  Plus how many people eat after 10pm at night and how many restaurants are open after 10 pm.

The restriction starts at 7pm - when many people actually do eat dinner - not 10pm. I agree that the rule is a bit odd, but I suppose the idea is that people are more likely to linger over dinner than over breakfast or lunch, when most folks just eat their food and then leave.