Is there a ban on driving through Rayong province at the moment?

advancebooking

If Im driving from Bangkok and want to pass through Rayong province is there a ban on this with current restrictions that Im reading about?

Yesterday we successfully drove through the province from Bkk with absolutely no checks at all. But now we need another family member to drive tomorrow or by Thursday.

I think from today its all much stricter but want to know if its possible or not. If you or your family have any experience with this right now, success or failure, please let me know

thanks

Edited by advancebooking
clarification

No there is not, but you may well be stopped at the check points on major roads into the Province  and you need a good excuse to enter the Province. such as visiting sick or vulnerable relatives, pets clinic and hospitals for sick animals, hospital appointments etc .  Shopping or beaching won't do it. 

Hmmm, am getting a little perturbed now as I’m on Koh Samed & plan to take the bus (or a taxi) back to Bangkok on Wednesday, so do I need to upgrade my “Status” to Nervous?

Joking aside, would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions (maybe I should have started a separate thread) mine are if push comes to shove we’ll just extend here... or Ban Phra/Bang Saray...

Am sure we’ll make it home eventually  

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I was just informed by a relative of my wife, who works in the provincial government, that as of tomorrow, the whole country is locking down. We had a trip planned to Korat and Chaiyaphum tomorrow, and we would have been stopped on the highway, and quarantined for 14 days, from what I was told. He said there will be a mandatory 14 day quarantine for all people entering any province. He has been instructed to do that with people entering his province. 

A rather strong move, but likely necessary, after yesterday's numbers were revealed. Had Prayuth and his team been on the ball, this would have happened in Samut Sakorn immediately, when the outbreak happened, and it would have likely been contained.

He and his utterly hapless and stunningly incompetent army have failed us once again, and he needs to admit the failure, apologize to the nation, and fall on his sword, metaphorically, by handing in his resignation, in utter humiliation. Same goes for Anutin, who has been in way over his head, this entire time. 

Ive  just been  told   by the neighbours  dog............???? but seriously I left  BKK  a  day early to get back to Pranburi incase they decide to stop interprovincial travel  in the next few  days.....no checks from BKK to Pranburi although signs  of checkpoints were there.cones in the road etc

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Hmmm, am getting a little perturbed now as I’m on Koh Samed & plan to take the bus (or a taxi) back to Bangkok on Wednesday, so do I need to upgrade my “Status” to Nervous?

Joking aside, would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions (maybe I should have started a separate thread) mine are if push comes to shove we’ll just extend here... or Ban Phra/Bang Saray...

Am sure we’ll make it home eventually  

I recall from another thread that @DrJack54 had been intending to return to Bangkok from Koh Samed today (Monday), provided that the taxi which he had booked for this purpose from Bangkok had succeeded in getting through to Ban Phe. Maybe he could let you know how he got on in the event?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I recall from another thread that @DrJack54 had been intending to return to Bangkok from Koh Samed today (Monday), provided that the taxi which he had booked for this purpose from Bangkok had succeeded in getting through to Ban Phe. Maybe he could let you know how he got on in the event?

Today I had Bangkok taxi come to Rayong, pick me up and back to bkk. Currently just past swampy. No cars on the roads at all.

No tolls help also.

Yes sorry @OJAS

The above my post was earlier today in similar thread in visas etc.

zero traffic etc. Ban Pai to BKK in 2 hours. A record.

However they have not had chance to even set up border checks. Might be another story later in the week. We were due to return to bkk the coming Friday. Glad we made a dash for it today.

Aside info....my partner just spoke to owners on Samed tonight and your allowed in Ocean 6am till 6pm. Restaurants open for eat in.

No alcohol (however ways around that).

Why is alcohol such an enemy in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Reliable sources in Thailand?  We have no clue how many they tested before and after the public pressure brought on by the recent border hoppers.

Funny how the people telling us to lock down aren't the ones losing their jobs and their businesses.  They're still getting paid.  And I don't see them offering to take 50% pay cuts to share the wealth with those who do lose their livelihoods.  Seems like we aren't all in this together.

I'm talking about testing.  Like the docs say, if testing is the problem, why do we test for cancer?  Think about it....

As for testing, they make 100k test kits a month.  So, that's the max they test.  Hopefully, they are ramping up on this, that info is a few months old.

Better info in the Thai news.  More detailed.  Stay safe!!!

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Today I had Bangkok taxi come to Rayong, pick me up and back to bkk. Currently just past swampy. No cars on the roads at all.

No tolls help also.

Yes sorry @OJAS

The above my post was earlier today in similar thread in visas etc.

zero traffic etc. Ban Pai to BKK in 2 hours. A record.

However they have not had chance to even set up border checks. Might be another story later in the week. We were due to return to bkk the coming Friday. Glad we made a dash for it today.

Aside info....my partner just spoke to owners on Samed tonight and your allowed in Ocean 6am till 6pm. Restaurants open for eat in.

No alcohol (however ways around that).

Why is alcohol such an enemy in Thailand.

Thanks Dr Jack, 

No problem getting alcohol with dinner last night & no restrictions on when we could use the resorts beach, but the swimming pool was closed a couple of days back at the previous resort. 

Off to check on the boat situation now... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm talking about testing.  Like the docs say, if testing is the problem, why do we test for cancer?  Think about it....

As for testing, they make 100k test kits a month.  So, that's the max they test.  Hopefully, they are ramping up on this, that info is a few months old.

Better info in the Thai news.  More detailed.  Stay safe!!!

I hope you're right and they are ramping up.  In the meantime, post back if you find any reliable data on the number of tests they actually did by month.  I can't find it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I hope you're right and they are ramping up.  In the meantime, post back if you find any reliable data on the number of tests they actually did by month.  I can't find it.

I read they did 40,000 tests in Samut S., but for total numbers?  Who knows.  The data on the various websites reporting info vary widely.  Hard to know exactly what's going on.  Which isn't unusual for countries like Thailand.  They don't even report deaths in most African nations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-10/thailand-makes-its-own-covid-19-tests-to-avoid-import-reliance

With recent expansion, it can now produce as many as 100,000 per month “to ensure health security and to be less reliant on imports.”

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The fact that such a huge cluster was not contained, was a massive failure, and absolutely falls on the shoulders of Prayuth, and Anutin. The buck stops somewhere, right?

The only buck stopping these guys do is the one where the buck stops in their Swiss and Cayman accounts.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LennyW said:

Now it appears not, as clear as mud!!

Motorway was open yesterday. We drove BKK to BanChang main road ( route 7 ).

Only other news was on Thai TV that 7 would be closed 10pm to 4am. How long that will go on I've no idea.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Motorway was open yesterday, we travelled from Ban Phe to Bangkok around 10am-12pm & it was the quietest I've ever seen it (in both directions)... However it looks like things have changed today... 

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-Cha on Wednesday signed an order banning all but essential inter-provincial travel to and from Chonburi, including Pattaya, Samut Sakhon, Trat, Rayong and Chanthaburi.

The order has been published in the Royal Gazette.