Travelling To Phuket Jan 7 to the 14th from Bangkok

Robbie63

I have already paid for my Hotel and Air Fare. I have 2 rooms for me and my wife and daughter. Staying Hilton Patong Beach. I need feedback on whether to go or not. My mind is not right. Is it possible we could get stuck in Phuket that would not be good. I am going to call hotel about cancellation policy. Please be Kind.

6 minutes ago, Nout said:

Travel between provinces has been banned hasn't it?

No it hasn't.  But things can and are changing daily!  I'd cancel as even if there is no travel ban, there won't be much to do in Phuket if they continue restricting restaurants/bars etc.  Much better to re-book when things are back to "normal".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe2050 said:

I'm currently in Phuket, probably the best place to be at the moment, I have even extended my stay. All the survival businesses are open and operating normally. Incredibly cheap and enjoyable. Personally I wouldn't cancel.

Sounds great!  I would love to be there, but wouldn't want to risk being stranded and having to pay endless hotel costs.

1 hour ago, Joe2050 said:

I'm currently in Phuket, probably the best place to be at the moment, I have even extended my stay. All the survival businesses are open and operating normally. Incredibly cheap and enjoyable. Personally I wouldn't cancel.

Hey Joe thanks for the update. The hotel says no refund only change days. I am going to go and roll the dice. It is only a week. Famous last words maybe.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No it hasn't.  But things can and are changing daily!  I'd cancel as even if there is no travel ban, there won't be much to do in Phuket if they continue restricting restaurants/bars etc.  Much better to re-book when things are back to "normal".

No restrictions on Phuket, so probably much nicer than many other places. I would recommend staying in Rawai or Kamala, not Patong where the OP is staying.

• Like 2

Some friends down from Pattaya at the moment. They have actually extended their stay down here- got great rates at wherever they are staying.

Yes, Patong is dead from a nightlife perspective but that's no biggy for a family. Kamala and Rawai reasonably busy by comparison, whereas Kata/Karon is shut. If you want to get around a bit during the day get a car- there should be some good deals at the moment. I would recommend this over the rip off taxis.

I noticed the Blue Tree water park in Cherng Talay had a sign up saying free admission.

Patong with wife and daughter??
that makes about 10 people staying in Patong once u arrive

If you paid using booking.com or other booking engines ( even if direct) ask them to cancel for ya.. give them a sob story, always works for me...

than book in Kamala in a beach front hotel, Sunwing/Sunprime just opened and bet they dont have 10 rooms occupied

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

According to many outlets. An inter province travel ban was issued last night starting on the 5th. Its mentioned on this forum but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by Nout

Problem at the moment is that individual Provinces are free to impose their own entry criteria.   As an example, Korat has just announced that anyone arriving from a 'Red' Covid related province (of which Bangkok is one) will have to self isolate for 14 days.   It's not inconceivable that other Provinces such as Phuket will follow suit in the next day or so.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1