Ministry of Foreign Affairs

nicelee808

mfa do not translate anything they just issue a stamp. best get your embassy letter and either go direct to an agent or like we did headed to mfa and employed an agent there.  There are many about. When we did it we paid 1500b handed over our details, signed a form and went home. The docs turned up, at home, 5 or 6 days later. either way it will not happen on day 1. aha maybe it will with the lack of overseas visitors around.

10 hours ago, uncleP said:

mfa do not translate anything they just issue a stamp. best get your embassy letter and either go direct to an agent or like we did headed to mfa and employed an agent there.  There are many about. When we did it we paid 1500b handed over our details, signed a form and went home. The docs turned up, at home, 5 or 6 days later. either way it will not happen on day 1. aha maybe it will with the lack of overseas visitors around.

Do you need to translate affirmation of Marriage and passport?

Yeah, takes about a week. Best to go to the newer office at Khlong Toei MRT, rather than the big one near Chaengwattana.

Once there you'll be approached by the agencies who reside around it. They'll do the translations for you, give the docs to the MFA, then let you know when they're ready for pickup.

I did affirmation to marry, certified passport, and diploma affidavit. The one I wound up using, "Asoke Translation", was quite good.

Yes, nearly all amphurs now, even my wife's out in the Issan boonies, want your certified, translated passport, in addition to the affirmation to marry.

• Like 1